• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Willa Ford says Modano has had a real tough season

Rate this topic

Modano

So I thought this Q&A was rather good! I know, I know..it's Willa Ford, but honestly the chick seems to know her hockey..

Talks about Mo having a tough season, that the GM and coaches aren't doing a good job..etc.. interesting stuff.

Oh, and take a look at the last question. Gotta love Mo! :D

Modano

So I thought this Q&A was rather good! I know, I know..it's Willa Ford, but honestly the chick seems to know her hockey..

Talks about Mo having a tough season, that the GM and coaches aren't doing a good job..etc.. interesting stuff.

Oh, and take a look at the last question. Gotta love Mo! :D

Thanks for posting this.

I've always liked Modano and was really confused when they took his captaincy away. I've heard some commentators said it was nothing to do with Mike's play but rather the organizations way of turning a page and handing it to someone who's going to be the future of the franchise.

I always thought that was a weak excuse and now I know why.

Imagine the Wings stripping Stevie of the C and giving it to McCarty or Lapointe because they were losing in the playoffs too often?

I hope Modano retires with the Stars. He's been a great player and ambassador for them.

The one thing I regret about him being a lifer in that organization is that I always felt he had the reigns pulled on him. This guy had unbelievable offensive skills but was forced in a defensive system to hold up. Imagine what he could have done playing for a team like Edmonton? That would have been something to watch.

I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be pretty f$#^ing cool to see Madano in the winged wheel to finish out his career.

Yeah, Dallas has him locked down for the rest of his career. But it doesn't mean we can't look at getting Turco in a few years. :D

I thought they took his "C" away because he was going to sign an offer sheet with Boston. Then when Boston won the Zdeno Chara sweepstakes they pulled the offer to MO and he had to accept the smaller offer from Dallas. The Stars organization didn't think that was a characteristic of a captain, but they obviously still wanted him back.

Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

Either way, he did put up better numbers so if they did mess with him to get him to play better, it worked.

I'd take him on the Wings too, even at his age.

I thought they took his "C" away because he was going to sign an offer sheet with Boston. Then when Boston won the Zdeno Chara sweepstakes they pulled the offer to MO and he had to accept the smaller offer from Dallas. The Stars organization didn't think that was a characteristic of a captain, but they obviously still wanted him back.

Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

Either way, he did put up better numbers so if they did mess with him to get him to play better, it worked.

I'd take him on the Wings too, even at his age.

I hadnt heard that, but I wouldnt be surprised. I mean, injuries to Modano and Morrow or not, the team offense sucked year round. You cant blame Mike for wanting to go to a place that looked like it was making some quality improvements. Dallas didnt do much, other than lose Arnott and sign (woopdeedo) Lindros. Sure their deadline moves helped, but I cant imagine that team was much fun to play on throughout the year.