• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CdnWingsFanEh

Bob Probert Autograph Session

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

So do you pay crack head thugs for their autographs as well?? Probert was a fighter on skates and was never on the team for his hockey skills. Charging for autographs seems alittle selfish to me, the guy is probably going to buy drugs with his profits so Red Wing he was.

Like I was trying to say Larionov was giving signatures out for FREE, he was way way better and more valuable to the Red Wings.

Dude, what the hell is your problem with Probert? He's retired! Plenty of guys do this, and it's fine. They want to make a little money (plus, he'll probably get enough for a good ounce or two....).

I got Probert's autograph, picture, etc., for free when I was a kid, and he was a nice guy. And for you to act like he wasn't important to the team, well, that's just completely ignorant. He scored, he protected Yzerman and the rest of our guys, and he brought fans to the Joe. Maybe the first- or second-most important player on those teams, and way more important to us than Igor Larionov ever was. :yowza:

Have some respect.

I just think its funny that he ask for that much money for his autograph like he was some kind of super star in the league.

He was.

There's more than one kind of star in this sport, believe it or not. Bob Probert goes down as the best enforcer of all time, period.

Dude, what the hell is your problem with Probert? He's retired! Plenty of guys do this, and it's fine. They want to make a little money (plus, he'll probably get enough for a good ounce or two....).

I got Probert's autograph, picture, etc., for free when I was a kid, and he was a nice guy. And for you to act like he wasn't important to the team, well, that's just completely ignorant. He scored, he protected Yzerman and the rest of our guys, and he brought fans to the Joe. Maybe the first- or second-most important player on those teams, and way more important to us than Igor Larionov ever was. :yowza: Have some respect.

If you had read my last post I do respect Probert, but to say He was WAY more important to the Wings than Larionov is just stupid man. How many Cups did Probert help the Wings win again?? Probert played in the days of the Dead Wings rememeber, He was a average player and the best enforcer in the league hands down. Everyone loved the guy because he was so vilolent not for his outstanding skill. Thats all I'm saying I have respect for the guy but come on to say he is more important than Larinov and better to have on a line than Fedorov is just going to far.

If the guy was donating money to a childrens hospital or something I'd pay for a autograph but to pay for one now, after hes been retired forever just for the heck of it is wrong. Like Hillbilly said, everyone is already buying swag and t-shirts and other merchandise to get signed why have to pay for a autograph as well. Especially for a retired player.

I bet Gordie Howe even does Free autographs these days, and don't even think about saying Probert was more important to the Wings than Mr. Hockey.

So do you pay crack head thugs for their autographs as well?? Probert was a fighter on skates and was never on the team for his hockey skills. Charging for autographs seems alittle selfish to me, the guy is probably going to buy drugs with his profits so Red Wing he was.

Like I was trying to say Larionov was giving signatures out for FREE, he was way way better and more valuable to the Red Wings.

A crack head thug?

You obviously know nothing about Bob Probert or never saw him play.

He was a key part of the Dead Wings transforming back into the Red Wings. Imagine someone like Darren McCarty, who would hit, chip in a few goals, and drop the gloves to stick up for his teammates. Only increase the fighting ability ten fold.

Bob Probert is one of the greatest enforcers of all time. Like it or not that's a part of hockey and makes him a star in his own right.

I can understand your point about not liking players to charge for autographs, but that doesn't make the guy a crackhead thug.

A crack head thug?

You obviously know nothing about Bob Probert or never saw him play.

He was a key part of the Dead Wings transforming back into the Red Wings. Imagine someone like Darren McCarty, who would hit, chip in a few goals, and drop the gloves to stick up for his teammates. Only increase the fighting ability ten fold.

Bob Probert is one of the greatest enforcers of all time. Like it or not that's a part of hockey and makes him a star in his own right.

I can understand your point about not liking players to charge for autographs, but that doesn't make the guy a crackhead thug.

I was kidding about the crack head thing, I respect the guy. Just not as much as other former Wings thats all. I know the guy was the best enforcer in the league and included that in my post above. but comparing him to a crack head thug, you have to admit their are a couple of similarities there. ;)

can you eplain why its ok for them to charge for thier auto..even after we buy all thier swag,tickets..and so on...im not trying to be a jerk in my response so please don't be in yours. i just want to understand why people pay for them.

I don't have a problem with retired athletes charging for their autographs. Life goes on, they have a right to continue to earn money after they stop playing. It's not like people are being held hostage here. Either you're willing to pay or you're not, it's your choice. As for me, I have no problem with it.

Guest micah

Since when did capitalism become wrong? It's supply and demmand, Probie's autograph is worth what the market says it's worth. If people are lining up to pay $7000 for it than it's worth $7000. Bob Probert (or any other athelete) doesn't owe me or you anything. I certainly wouldn't waste my day signing my name and posing for pictures for a bunch of people I've never met without compensation, and I'd be surprised if any of you would either.

Also bob Probert has the distinction of being the best protector/fighter of all time, Igor Larionov is not the best anything of all time. Status will drive demand, and being the best has it's rewards.

I wouldn't pay $20 or ever $1 to get him to sign his name for me, but I'm not one who becomes a star-struck little girl arround profesional atheletes or entertainers - some people do and that's okay, if they want to fawn over celebs and pay them to sign their names, I don't get it but it's okay with me.