• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Oh, let's talk about Lang. Let's talk about turning over the puck at your blueline and putting your team on the PK with 3 minutes to go in a one goal game. Let's talk about lazy hooking penalties instead of easy chips and clears.

Seriously, this guy has got to pull his head out of his ass. Any time he's on the ice in the dying minutes of a game I cringe (even when he nets the tying goal).

Is Selanne injured or something? I though Kunitz, Getzlaf, and Macdonald were buzzing. Selanne was invisible.

I know I tend to joke a lot about him diving all the time (comes from when he played with Kariya as well), but geez...any time one of our players even nudged him, he went down like a ton of bricks.

Hudler needs to replace Calder. Calder is playing far from gritty as of now.

Calder has gotta have some kinda injury cause he is playing soft

How do you ignore guys?

Look him up and click on his profile. Over on the right side you can see "Ignore user" or something like that. Alternatively, just go into your My Controls and click on "Manage Ignored Users" under Options on the left hand side. Stick "Draperfan" in the box like the rest of us have.

I prefer my Bert bashing to be done by Snufulupugus on Sesame Street, not here on the forum.

Later,

Jeff

I know I tend to joke a lot about him diving all the time (comes from when he played with Kariya as well), but geez...any time one of our players even nudged him, he went down like a ton of bricks.

He's a C.U.N.T.

IM a ducks fan im not hiding.

Both goalies played amazing but giguere had bad bounces which caused outcome of game. It was quite even as for the rest of it

Agreed. Bounces went for Detroit. Calls went for the Ducks. Anaheim was buzzing in the 3rd. It is important that the Wings win both games at home, because as badly as the puck was bouncing, it's only going to get worse in CA.

Oh, let's talk about Lang. Let's talk about turning over the puck at your blueline and putting your team on the PK with 3 minutes to go in a one goal game. Let's talk about lazy hooking penalties instead of easy chips and clears.

Seriously, this guy has got to pull his head out of his ass. Any time he's on the ice in the dying minutes of a game I cringe (even when he nets the tying goal).

It's like he's reverted to his previous form. I don't think he got a lot of minutes tonight though, either. I barely saw him out there (or at least, barely heard his name).

Whoa, wait...he got 16+ minutes. Damn. He was invisible when he wasn't turning over the puck.

And in other news, Randy Carlyle is a dick.

CALDER HAS A BROKEN HAND. Stop complaining about his play. Complain about Lang and Bertuzzi.

I must say that Anaheim's 4th line was surprisingly MUCH better than ours, and that is just unacceptable.

See, let this be a lesson to Wings and their fans. Looks like Melrose might be right after all. The Wings have had it easy until now, but this stunning upset by the Ducks win tonight was all due to their size, speed, grit, and it's obvious that their will to win that is simply orders of magnitude beyond anything that the outclassed, outsized Wings could ever hope to conjure or match.

BTW, I couldn't get my network stream working, so I wasn't able to see or hear the game, but many thanks to the my brother-in-law in Anaheim, a Ducks fan who kept me updated with information on the Ducks 7-0 shutout victory in Game 1. With his descriptions I practically saw Pronger's five shorthanded goals, and felt like I was there on the ice myself. My condolences for the 8 Wings that had to be carried off on stretchers.

Oh. One last thing.

moohoohahaha.

Edited by Grypho

Go figure....Carlyle gives no credit to the Wings. He talks about how Getzlaf had a post....so did we. He gave NO credit to Hasek whatsoever.

That pissed me off too.

"He's a good goalie. Had a couple good stops."

<_<

Didn't see what you did, are you sure your head isn't smelling like poop right now. Saw Lang playing very hard tonight and thought he had some good chances too. Stop bashing this guy, he was worth the dough tonight.

Go Wings!

Go figure....Carlyle gives no credit to the Wings. He talks about how Getzlaf had a post....so did we. He gave NO credit to Hasek whatsoever.

I guess you watched an alternate version of the presser. The one I saw, Carlyle specifically said, "You have to give credit to the opposition, Hasek played well."

Fun game to watch. Frustrating as all get out but fun. It looks like the bounces are going to be what wins the series.

I think the first star of the game for you guys Francois Beauchemin. He had both goals. :)

....and you guys had two first stars. Koharski and Devorski.

See, let this be a lesson to Wings and their fans. Looks like Melrose might be right after all. The Wings have had it easy until now, but this stunning upset by the Ducks win tonight was all due to their size, speed, grit, and it's obvious that their will to win that is simply orders of magnitude beyond anything that the outclassed, outsized Wings could ever hope to conjure or match.

BTW, I couldn't get my network stream working, so I wasn't able to see or hear the game, but many thanks to the my brother-in-law in Anaheim, a Ducks fan who kept me updated with information on the Ducks 7-0 shutout victory in Game 1. With his descriptions I practically saw Pronger's five shorthanded goals, and felt like I was there on the ice myself. My condolences for the 8 Wings that had to be carried off on stretchers.

Oh. One last thing.

moohoohahaha.

You, my friend, win a whole bunch of internets. :P