• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

What I saw was:

"Hasek was good, but I thought we missed quite a few empty nets."

The thing is, the coach of the other team is never going to go any further than saying the other team played well. If he sits there and gushes about how great the other goalie is, what's that going to say to his team? Babcock talked about missing the net, too. If you're a Ducks fan, you're thinking, "Hey, so did we!" It's the same thing for both sides.

As much as I love our puck possesion and great defense, I'm SO proud of how gritty we've become. Win or lose, I'm so proud of this Wings team. I love watching this team that has so much heart and desire.

That's what I saw too. It was basically Carlyle saying, "Hasek got lucky."

Yup. Hasek got lucky. His positioning isnt that great because of all the open nets. We beat ourselves because we couldnt burry the puck, etc. etc.

A few more games and Ill be completely immune to the wings never getting any credit when they win.

Do you ever add anything of value here, or do you just like to make yourself sound stupid?

Isnt there another board you would rather go and join?

Like disney.com.com? The environment seems appropriate there. :lol:

You didn't see him turn the puck over with three minutes to go instead of chipping it out, and taking a lame hooking penalty as a result? I know you saw him in the box while the Ducks buzzed around our net. Try remembering a bit before then.

Simply put, you can grab in the air and get what you want, every player tonight from both teams was beaten at some point. I believe that you can muster a better reply than "try remembering a bit" try getting on the winning team and remember how tough this game is.... oh yeah you probably don't have a clue about that. :sly:

Go Wings!

OMGNESS.

What a DRAMATIC win! That was the most nerve wrecking, exciting game so far IMO. WOW.

You know there is absolutely NO giving up in this Wings team. Fantastic. Special teams was key tonight and it showed. 2 for 2 on the PP, and were phenomenal on the PK. The last minute when Cheli, Cleary, and Drapes all dived to block shots was amazing! That is HEART. That totally gave me goosebumps.

And Hasek? WOWZA. YOU ARE THE MAN, DOM. GREAT performance!

I know it looks like the Wings were outhit badly, but that is not the case. Hits were even 22. Speaking of that, love the shift where Malts had two huge back to back hits seconds apart. WOOT.

BTW, the JLA was NUTS tonight. Hockeytown!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

PS. For the millionth time, Calder is playing with a broken hand and if majority of you can't already see that by his movement out there then I don't know what else to tell ya..

Hey, guys, how's it going? After lurking this place for a while, I figured it was time to join my fellow Wings fans in this fantastic forum. You guys are hilarious, knowedgeable, and seem to be a pleasure to be around. More than I can say about most forums on the 'net today. Looks like I might stick around with all the activity around here.

Good game by the gang today. We can obviously play better, but the special teams were outstanding and Hasek stood on his head. That's all you really need to win a game nowadays.

I was kind of surprised at times during the game, though. Last I checked, Anaheim was evidently genetically superior and they would have no trouble turning Wings aside and peppering Dom with goal after goal. I gotta be honest, when those Mallards of Destruction stepped on the ice for the first time, I nearly peed myself. They're all 6'3" 200. You can'[t beat teams that are bigger than you, right? Our Wings are in way over their heads, as far as I'm concerned. If only we had Ysebaert! :hehe:

Yup. Hasek got lucky. His positioning isnt that great because of all the open nets. We beat ourselves because we couldnt burry the puck, etc. etc.

A few more games and Ill be completely immune to the wings never getting any credit when they win.

I just accept the fact that 95% of Western Conference coaches are dicks.

Babcock might be part of that too. :lol:

Also was it just me or when Perry was doing his whole "You're gonna get it" act it sounded like he was choking back emotions and it was interfering with his tone a bit. Nearly sounded like he was about to cry, I have a niece who does this, she's 8.

That Datsyuk -- always picking on people. Cold-hearted bastard, that one. :D

Should we create a graphic in our signatures to show our pride of this fine membership? :P

Offsides,

Would you consider this an official request from the Late Night Crew for a "No Draperfans Allowed" sig for those of us in the club?

Regs,

Jeff

Am I the only one who doesnt think that the ducks outworked the wings?

I know we had less shots, but the game I watched didnt show a dominant ducks team.

Nope. I thought the game was more or less dead even 5 on 5. We won the game with our goaltending and PKing.

Whoa whoa wait are we forging a "Draperfan on ignore" club? Because I've technically been a member for awhile now, sign me up!

Am I the only one who doesnt think that the ducks outworked the wings?

I know we had less shots, but the game I watched didnt show a dominant ducks team.

Nope. I think so too. The Wings outworked the Ducks.

Game 2 I see the Ducks coming out VERY hard the first 5 minutes, maybe even taking penalties to hit and "send a message" for the rest of the game. If the Wings can get past that, we may have the upper hand the rest of the game.

Hey, guys, how's it going? After lurking this place for a while, I figured it was time to join my fellow Wings fans in this fantastic forum. You guys are hilarious, knowedgeable, and seem to be a pleasure to be around. More than I can say about most forums on the 'net today. Looks like I might stick around with all the activity around here.

Good game by the gang today. We can obviously play better, but the special teams were outstanding and Hasek stood on his head. That's all you really need to win a game nowadays.

I was kind of surprised at times during the game, though. Last I checked, Anaheim was evidently genetically superior and they would have no trouble turning Wings aside and peppering Dom with goal after goal. I gotta be honest, when those Mallards of Destruction stepped on the ice for the first time, I nearly peed myself. They're all 6'3" 200. You can'[t beat teams that are bigger than you, right? Our Wings are in way over their heads, as far as I'm concerned. If only we had Ysebaert! :hehe:

Welcome to the boards! Nice post.

Youre right on about the game too. These are the type of games we have to win if we want to get the cup. Its been quite a few playoffs since Ive seen Detroit this resiliant.

If I was Anaheim I would be a little worried..they played a pretty good game and we were obviously a little off tonight..we can and will get better which is bad new for the Ducks. As for the people who are bashing some of our players...cmon celebrate the win!!!

We played a good game and your goalie stood on his head. I have no reason to be discouraged. Strangely enough I think the Ducks will still come to the rink on Sunday and play. I think at practice tomorrow we are going to work on putting the puck in the other net and not our own.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Draperfan.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Draperfan

Gosh, I just LOVE seeing that, you know. It makes me all misty.

Later,

Jeff

Man, what can you say about Dom? The man was gigantic tonight. That's about 2 games in a row that he's stolen, the man is just rock solid when it counts.

Babs needs to split up Langer and Bertuzzi, just awful together defensively. Lang at least had some good scoring chances.

With a bit more intensity and urgency, the Wings can win this series. I liked what I saw tonight from a strategic standpoint, the Wings owned much of the puck and Anaheim elected to trap.

Also, I'm sick of Versus' love affair with these west coast teams. It's been the most biased coverage I've ever seen from a non-biased outlet. Being the #1 seed means jack s*** I guess in the league then. Jones and Engblom can go suck on big fat ones.

Dom and special teams were the difference. Luckily, the bounces went the Red Wings way tonight. I thought their effort was superb, but my one concern is the lack of shots that the Wings had on Giguere. Anaheim played exactly how I expected, and tonight's game was evidence that this will be a long, hard-fought series. I also thought Bertuzzi had his best game tonight as a Red Wing. Good win guys!