• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Lang needs to sit. We can't have someone out there that's not committed to defense. Lang is great in the offensive zone along the boards but anywhere else and he's a fish out of water. I can't tell how many times I've screamed at him as he only has one more foot to go to bring the puck outside the zone and instead the puck is going towards our net with our defensemen surprised and in bad position. Not to mention his version of defense is to give the guy a ten foot buffer or hook the guy as he blows by.

Hudler's shown he can back backcheck.

I'm sorry but we can't sit anyone who has the potential to get clutch goals like Lang has. Cut his minutes...whatever you have to do but he CAN'T sit. I totally get why he isn't benched. He might not do stuff often, but when he does it REALLY counts.

I would like to see Huds in, but I have no idea at the expense of who.

Nope. I think so too. The Wings outworked the Ducks.

Game 2 I see the Ducks coming out VERY hard the first 5 minutes, maybe even taking penalties to hit and "send a message" for the rest of the game. If the Wings can get past that, we may have the upper hand the rest of the game.

It reminds me of what I heard on XM earlier today and, surprise surprise, I think it came from Clement.

He basically said that the Ducks play a rough game and don't mind taking penalties because that's their game.

So what happens when we score PP goals against them? We've taken them out of their game. Well, except when the refs don't call s***, but you know what I mean.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Draperfan.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Draperfan

Gosh, I just LOVE seeing that, you know. It makes me all misty.

Later,

Jeff

:lol:

DID YOU GUYS SEE HOW LOUD THE JOE WAS IN THE LAST 3 MINUTES!!!??? WHY CANT IT BE LIKE THAT THE WHOLE GAME!!!!

Because Fans at the Joe only cheer when there is an active play in the other teams zone and the Wings have a lead. Canadian's (Canucks, Flames, Sens, Leafs, Habs, Medicine Hat, Spitfires etc) shame a typical Wings crowd.

Good thing the team doesn't panic because the fans typically do!

every player tonight from both teams was beaten at some point.

Easy to generalize, but taken case by case there was no lazier and more ill-timed play than Lang's.

I believe that you can muster a better reply than "try remembering a bit"

Yeah, like "he did X and that pissed me off," to which your reply is "everyone makes mistakes."

oh yeah you probably don't have a clue about that. :sly:

no,u

------

Anydangway, that particular thing was annoying, but overall I'm satisfied with the win. I thought the officiating was terrible and it put the Wings behind the eightball a lot, but the Norris-caliber Dmen of Anaheim got turned inside-out by Pavel more than once, if he can keep it up he'll add a few more highlight reel plays to his growing list of playoff heroics.

Dom and special teams were the difference. Luckily, the bounces went the Red Wings way tonight. I thought their effort was superb, but my one concern is the lack of shots that the Wings had on Giguere.

Shots don't come easy on the PK.

Welcome to the boards! Nice post.

Youre right on about the game too. These are the type of games we have to win if we want to get the cup. Its been quite a few playoffs since Ive seen Detroit this resiliant.

I Ysebaertedly agree with you. The names are less recognizable and the defense is on life support, but there's just something good brewing with our Wings right now. It'll always come back to Hasek, of course. We lose this game with most other netminders. Can't say enough about the young guns always digging deep and forechecking. Filppula and Franzen stood out to me.

I just joined. Am I still eligible?

I must been missing something. As far as I could tell he only said it is a 7 game series. Is he really that bad?

Guest Agalloch

I'm sorry but we can't sit anyone who has the potential to get clutch goals like Lang has. Cut his minutes...whatever you have to do but he CAN'T sit. I totally get why he isn't benched. He might not do stuff often, but when he does it REALLY counts.

I would like to see Huds in, but I have no idea at the expense of who.

Calder. He's been awful.

Guest bullocks

In all honesty we didnt play too good until they tied it up...then it looked like we woke up and started playing. 2nd period they definately out played us. Dom was amazing!

We won the game with our goaltending and PKing.

The goal tending was stellar, but the PKing was the single most telling factor, I thought. That alone made me think, Oh spoiled duckies, throw out all your prior expectations and get ready for a wild ride. This team just won't allow itself to be seriously dominated by anyone, and NO TEAM is coasting to the Cup this year.

I was kind of surprised at times during the game, though. Last I checked, Anaheim was evidently genetically superior and they would have no trouble turning Wings aside and peppering Dom with goal after goal. I gotta be honest, when those Mallards of Destruction stepped on the ice for the first time, I nearly peed myself.

:lol: You're gonna fit in perfectly, Paul! ;) Stick around and post often. This place never fills up with good members.

No doubt, we handled Anaheim well. They need to pick up their game like Babs said, but this is a good start. We have to bring the same in Game 2.

I must been missing something. As far as I could tell he only said it is a 7 game series. Is he really that bad?

It's a long history thing, duder. Ever since he showed back up here, he's done nothing but bad mouth Bertuzzi and generally s*** on everyone's peace and love and good happiness stuff vibe, you know? If you can stomach it, search for any of his posts over the last few weeks and you'll see why he has worn out his welcome about 45 trillion times.

Later,

Jeff

Man, what can you say about Dom? The man was gigantic tonight. That's about 2 games in a row that he's stolen, the man is just rock solid when it counts.

Babs needs to split up Langer and Bertuzzi, just awful together defensively. Lang at least had some good scoring chances.

With a bit more intensity and urgency, the Wings can win this series. I liked what I saw tonight from a strategic standpoint, the Wings owned much of the puck and Anaheim elected to trap.

Also, I'm sick of Versus' love affair with these west coast teams. It's been the most biased coverage I've ever seen from a non-biased outlet. Being the #1 seed means jack s*** I guess in the league then. Jones and Engblom can go suck on big fat ones.

Lang and Bertuzzi weren't on the same line for the most part tonight. Lang played with Franzen and Samuelsson, and Bertuzzi was with Calder and Filppula. Bertuzzi played some with Lang and Samuelsson last series and that was trouble. I actually thought Bertuzzi had a very solid game tonight.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks did outplay the WIngs, but that means nothing really at this point. As long as the Wings got the win, I'm a happy person. :)

The goal tending was stellar, but the PKing was the single most telling factor, I thought. That alone made me think, Oh spoiled duckies, throw out all your prior expectations and get ready for a wild ride. This team just won't allow itself to be seriously dominated by anyone, and NO TEAM is coasting to the Cup this year.

Your right and without sounding like a Homer, the Wings have by FAR faced a significantly more difficult set of match ups than any other team still standing.

It will be interesting to see if the Wings win game 2 to see how the Ducks act to adversity. Will they act similar to Calgary? I think so.

Oh I forgot, gotta give the foursome of Mule, Drapes, Markov and Pain Train HUGE props for that PK at the end of the game (where they were on the ice for like 2 minutes straight) :clap:

It's a long history thing, duder. Ever since he showed back up here, he's done nothing but bad mouth Bertuzzi and generally s*** on everyone's peace and love and good happiness stuff vibe, you know? If you can stomach it, search for any of his posts over the last few weeks and you'll see why he has worn out his welcome about 45 trillion times.

Later,

Jeff

Ah. Got ya. I'll take your word on it Jeff. :P

Easy to generalize, but taken case by case there was no lazier and more ill-timed play than Lang's.

Yeah, like "he did X and that pissed me off," to which your reply is "everyone makes mistakes."

no,u

------

Anydangway, that particular thing was annoying, but overall I'm satisfied with the win. I thought the officiating was terrible and it put the Wings behind the eightball a lot, but the Norris-caliber Dmen of Anaheim got turned inside-out by Pavel more than once, if he can keep it up he'll add a few more highlight reel plays to his growing list of playoff heroics.

I like the last part of that reply, well actually I liked the Disclaimer you threw out there, :lol: real nice like! Well, I'll allow you to be right tonight, as I like allowing those who love themselves the right of self facilitating banter.

Yeah, they won and that's what really matters. :siren:

Go Wings!