• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

My Views on Tonight's Game

Rate this topic

Pessimistic View - they got outplayed pretty bad most of the game and neither of their goals really should have happened, very flukey. Very lucky to get away with a win.

Optimistic View - they got outplayed pertty bad most of the game and neither of their goals really should have happened, very flukey. Very lucky to get away with a win. Difference from pessimistic view is that even though they didn't play all that well, they still found a way to win.

I'm going with the optimistic view of course. You have to with a win anyway.

They weren't that bad, save for the 3rd period and the penalties, some of which I disagreed with completely.

What worries me MORE are the lack of shots on Giguere. Gotta work him harder.

Obviously the goals tonight were total flukes. Of course the most optimistic thing you can take from that is that Hasek kept us in the game.

Pessimistic View - they got outplayed pretty bad most of the game and neither of their goals really should have happened, very flukey. Very lucky to get away with a win.

Optimistic View - they got outplayed pertty bad most of the game and neither of their goals really should have happened, very flukey. Very lucky to get away with a win. Difference from pessimistic view is that even though they didn't play all that well, they still found a way to win.

I'm going with the optimistic view of course. You have to with a win anyway.

i strongly disagree, i dont think we were outplayed for most of the game. but bottom line youre right, we found a way to win. GO WINGS!!!!!!

What worries me MORE are the lack of shots on Giguere. Gotta work him harder.

Yeah, because working him hard in '03 worked well. :P Maybe it's better he doesn't see a lot of shots...not that that's really ever a great gameplan, but hey.

Edited by al48

There were stretchs were both teams were good tonight, much like the Shark series at times. I did not think we played all that bad. The Ducks seem to be more physical than the Flames or Sharks, but really did not help them at all. I did not think the WIngs played all that bad.

I see it the same way as toby, basically. I guess the question is, were the lopsided penalty situations a byproduct of the play on the ice, or were they just questionable calls that the Wings got more of? To an extent, I think it was Anaheim's play that led to some Wings penalties, but some of the penalties on both sides were weak, which means they might not be called in another game. When a team is killing penalties, it makes it tough to establish rolling four lines and getting an offensive rhythm.

I guess we have to wait until game two to see how things proceed.

Hmmm..

I honestly don't think we were outplayed. If anything it was evenly matched. There were times were the Ducks were dominating, then the there were times the Wings were. Special teams was the difference in the game and the Wings were excellent on the PK, and PP. That is why they won. Flukey or not.

Man, you guys have short memories. Anaheim 2003? Edmonton just last year??

Both those teams had flukey goals game in and game out. Guess what? Thats how you win hockey games. As Mickey Redmond says. "You gotta be good to be lucky."

I think our top line dominated play at every opportunity, but we didn't get a lot of contributions from the other guys. Combine that with all the PKing and it you've got the Ducks controlling a lot of the game.

I just hope that the penalty situations work themselves out. We know the ZDH line is gonna be fantastic, so if we start getting some other guys shooting and making plays we'll be in business.

Man, you guys have short memories. Anaheim 2003? Edmonton just last year??

Both those teams had flukey goals game in and game out. Guess what? Thats how you win hockey games. As Mickey Redmond says. "You gotta be good to be lucky."

No s***.. i don't care how we win hockey games..it would be nice to win them all pretty but if we have to win 4 games ugly this series then so be it...just keep stacking up the W's!!!

Guest bullocks

We wern't outplayed that much. I just think we sat back too much being up 1-0 and didn't want to make a mistake. When they tied it up we started to press more...so that leaves me optimistic it was just because we had the lead!

Yeah, because working him hard in '03 worked well. :P Maybe it's better he doesn't see a lot of shots...not that that's really ever a great gameplan, but hey.

I knew I'd see this comment, and I actually said the same thing when my wife said that they need to "shoot from everywhere", but I think you guys get the gist of what I'm saying.

I don't know why Wings fans are debasing the two goals. This is one of the key elements we were missing when we faced the Ducks back in 2003: The ability to get unconventional garbage goals. And it's not like they weren't scored on deliberate attempts to put the puck in. I mean, Nick shot it high because he wanted a high deflection, and that's essentially what he got.

Say what you want about our play but nothing would make me happier to see us beat them in 4 games, exactly like tonights. In fact by all means give them 10-20 even 30 more shots, I'm glad we're frustrating them. Pulling off what babs did to us in '03 would be poetic.

I think we actually out played them despite the fact that the Refs called every phantom call known to man. We showed them that our special teams are great. I mean that 5v3 was 2 weak calls and instead of going and playing like the world is against us, we played like what we are, the #1 team in the west and the team to beat.

bottom line:

GO WINGS!

It's better to be on the lucky side than the losing side, even if you're outplayed. The Wings haven't been so fortunate in that respect in recent years.

I thought the game was even. No one really dominated in my opinion. The difference was we were able to convert on our PP chances, while the Ducks weren't.

Concur. The Wings earned this win simply by converting on their pp chances while killing all of the Ducks - and there were alot of them (some bogus but that's the way it goes). If you cannot score on 50on3's in the playoffs, you don't deserve to win.

Sure there were times when the Ducks were swarming, but I thought the Wings held their own - you should never be pessimistic about a win in the playoffs. We'll get more SOG next game - right now time to enjoy a well deserved win....

a win is a win in the playoffs u mostly get the "dirty goals" and get some bounces that go ur way but luckily hasek was on top of his game to get the wings the win hopefully next time the wings will play a full 60 minutes