• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

My Views on Tonight's Game

Rate this topic

I thought the game was rather even, they had more calls go their way, which inflated the shot totals. We missed some good chances, so did the Ducks-- they hit a post, so did we. They could have had a open netter but Hasek did his thing. Datsyuk made Niedermayer look like a school boy on that rush where he drew him, then slipped the pass thru his legs over to Homer. We got some lucky goals but man that play by Sammy to Hank should have connected. To me, it looked like the Ducks tried to goon it up a bit when the Wings gave them trouble.

I see it the same way as toby, basically. I guess the question is, were the lopsided penalty situations a byproduct of the play on the ice, or were they just questionable calls that the Wings got more of? To an extent, I think it was Anaheim's play that led to some Wings penalties, but some of the penalties on both sides were weak, which means they might not be called in another game. When a team is killing penalties, it makes it tough to establish rolling four lines and getting an offensive rhythm.

I guess we have to wait until game two to see how things proceed.

I totally agree. This game should not be a judgement on whether either team played well or not. This game was so poorly called, and alot of dirty play was not called either, that this cannot be used as any sort of benchmark. I am estatic for the win and happy for our wings. New refs=new games. The refs last night disgust me.

"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in." -- Wayne Gretzky

By and large it was an ugly game, except when the Wings were on the penalty kill. With maybe the exception of one rush, I thought they were outstanding. I'll gladly take four 2-1 wins with all eight goals being uglier than sin.

Plus, there's nothing more wonderful than hearing the opposing team say, "We played exactly how we wanted to play . . . but we still lost." I would like to say that those two goals will get in Giggy's head, but I'm not holding by breath on that one.

Edited by A.T.Hun

Guest LivingtheDream

Man, you guys have short memories. Anaheim 2003? Edmonton just last year??

Both those teams had flukey goals game in and game out. Guess what? Thats how you win hockey games. As Mickey Redmond says. "You gotta be good to be lucky."

Thank you for a dose of reality. Meanwhile we had some pretty chances that didn't go in. In addition our PK was awesome, our goalie was in their heads like a bad dream and we picked up the intensity and stuck with them and took all their crap. Which team would you rather be this morning? Wings have the edge here. We didn't play our best and won - when we get our game going (and we will), what do the Ducks have to respond with that we haven't show we can handle int hese entire playoofs? Size, we can handle it. NAsty intimidation? Plays right into our hands? Grit? We can grit you right back. Just no more injuries, please God, no more.

Man, you guys have short memories. Anaheim 2003? Edmonton just last year??

Both those teams had flukey goals game in and game out. Guess what? Thats how you win hockey games. As Mickey Redmond says. "You gotta be good to be lucky."

that just shows you how spoiled some Red Wings fans are, it's not good enough just winning the game, we've got to score pretty goals. I'm glad we're scoring "ugly" goals, it's what this team has needed for a long time. It's why were playing in the 3rd round.