• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yemack

Pavel the Magician

Rate this topic

Anyone noticed Datsyuk is really taking it to another level? Amazing play after play jesus we all knew that he has awesome handling and keen vision but now he is driving hard and doing it at faster speed.

the 7 year contract we gave him looks better and better every passing day.

Edited by Yemack

Guest bullocks

He played amazing tonight...his hands are like out of this world!! I also thought he should have shot that tho instead of setting up Zetterberg.

Him and Zetterberg were amazing tonight, just couldn't put it in the net. I actually thought that was an amazing pass to Zetterberg, Datsyuk had like 3 guys all over him. Giguere really made that look like an easy save, when really that was an awesome read by Giguere imo.

They were everwhere, Datsyuk even out muscled Pronger for the puck many times.

The only thing he seems to be lacking now is a killer instinct. As a goal-scorer, I mean.

If he gets that, watch out.

You either have it or you don't. Fedorov, he wanted to drill that puck through the goalie, through the net, through the glass and out of the arena. He wanted to beat everybody by himself, and he was damn good at it. Datsyuk will make that pass, and unfortunately tonight he gave up a great scoring chance because of it.

Love him anyways, just sayin'.

True, he'll never have Sergei's instinct. But I do think he's shown improvement in that regard, generally shooting more often when he has the opportunity.

I hope he keeps working on it because when he doesn't putz around he's so lethal.

I wish you would quit comparing him to Sergei. They play two very different styles. They have two very different attitudes and personalities. To compare them is like comparing apples and oranges. Just accept that they are different, appreciate those differences and let's leave it at that.

Now, having said all that, I think Pasha is amazing.

I'm not saying he isn't amazing, nor am I saying he needs to live in Sergei's shadow. It's just a simple truth -- if he develops a stronger killer instinct as a goal-scorer, he'll be even more dangerous than he already is.

I'm not saying he isn't amazing, nor am I saying he needs to live in Sergei's shadow. It's just a simple truth -- if he develops a stronger killer instinct as a goal-scorer, he'll be even more dangerous than he already is.

Agreed. He has these amazing breathtaking plays sometimes. But as we have seen this post season, sometimes he struggles to bury the puck when the opportunity presents itself. I think he needs to develop that instict, but I also believe that it is inevitable that he will. I cannot wait!

Boy I hope so, otherwise I'd have to hunt him down and beat him over the head with one of Pasha's sticks for being stupid.

I should stress that I'm really not trying to slight him. I had my doubts about him a couple seasons ago, but he's really stepped up since then. And not just in the goal-scoring department; he's showing better vision, more smarts, more confidence, more muscle, and more all-around panache (Panasha Datsyuk? Eh? LOL!) than I had thought possible in such a short span of time.

There's no doubt in my mind that if he keeps improving at this rate, he'll be THE premier offenseman in the league two or three years from now. His skill set is such an incredibly rare package, and it's going to be an absolute blast watching it develop and become more and more dangerous with each passing season, barring extraneous circumstances (knock on wood!).

Panasha, ZeddarCheddar, Flip, Mule, Werewolf, Pain Train, Hudlum, Lebdowski, Megakron -- the Wings' future looks very bright.

(I omitted Quincey and Howard from the list because their names are not very conducive to cool nicknames. But I've got some people working on it 'round the clock, so worry not.)

Edited by Dabura

I should stress that I'm really not trying to slight him. I had my doubts about him a couple seasons ago, but he's really stepped up since then. And not just in the goal-scoring department; he's showing better vision, more smarts, more confidence, more muscle, and more all-around panache (Panasha Datsyuk? Eh? LOL!) than I had thought possible in such a short span of time.

There's no doubt in my mind that if he keeps improving at this rate, he'll be THE premier offenseman in the league two or three years from now. His skill set is such an incredibly rare package, and it's going to be an absolute blast watching it develop and become more and more dangerous with each passing season, barring extraneous circumstances (knock on wood!).

Panasha, ZeddarCheddar, Flip, Mule, Werewolf, Pain Train, Hudlum, Lebdowski, Megakron -- the Wings' future looks very bright.

(I omitted Quincey and Howard from the list because their names are not very conducive to cool nicknames. But I've got some people working on it 'round the clock, so worry not.)

Just goes to show you, with age comes wisdom.

Pavel's hands are top 5 in the world. He can still make those moves with bouncing pucks and all. When he passed that puck to Hank though I screamed at the tv... Take the SHOT! I think when you see how big Giguere looks in the net, however, you might understand why you might try to catch him moving side to side. Hank got a B+ chance in the end but a clear shot in the playoffs should be taken, hands down.

The pass to Zetterberg was good. As Pierre stated, there are only 5 players in the world who would have made that pass. If Zetterberg scored, it would have been a different story. Giggy just made a real good save.

Boy I hope so, otherwise I'd have to hunt him down and beat him over the head with one of Pasha's sticks for being stupid.

Yes, I was being sarcastic, so no beating will be necessary. Yesterday I found a thread from a while ago in the rumor mill about a Gomez/Datsyuk trade. I believe it was from December, and for some reason quite a few people seemed to think this was a good idea. That would be on par with the Bruins trading Thornton for a bag of pucks.

Yes, I was being sarcastic, so no beating will be necessary. Yesterday I found a thread from a while ago in the rumor mill about a Gomez/Datsyuk trade. I believe it was from December, and for some reason quite a few people seemed to think this was a good idea. That would be on par with the Bruins trading Thornton for a bag of pucks.

While I wouldn't trade Datsyuk for Gomez, it definately wouldn't be as laughable as the Thornton deal. Gomez is a very good player. His regular season wasn't his best, I think a few injuries held him back, but he was pretty damn good in these playoffs (14pts in 11 games....while playing for Jersey).

Edited by toby91_ca

He did play great, although I really would've liked to see him shoot that puck instead of pass it to Zetterberg for the one-timer

I thought that at first too, but watching the replay, I think Neidermayer was closing too fast for him to get to the forehand and get a good shot away. I'm confident that he made the right play.

Guest LivingtheDream

I wish you would quit comparing him to Sergei. They play two very different styles. They have two very different attitudes and personalities. To compare them is like comparing apples and oranges. Just accept that they are different, appreciate those differences and let's leave it at that.

Now, having said all that, I think Pasha is amazing.

Of course he is amazing, but one thing that made him more amazing earlier this season is he had that killer instinct. When he shoots more he makes it a guessing game and it is that much harder to play him (will he pass or will he shoot ?). There have been three or four plays in the past few games where he should have have shot or gone for the deke over making a pass. We need him to be that guy more. Go get em killer!