• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
union drone

Chelios

Rate this topic

I didn't get to see the entire game from last night, but saw Chelios get dumped by someone and took a blow to the head. They mentioned in the TSN highlights that he was shaken up on the play. It looked like the kind of play that could result in a mild concussion. Any word on him? Cheli going down with an injury (or any other of our top four D-men) would be catastrophic at this point.

Any news would be appreciated.

Guest Agalloch

It was Corey Perry that hit him. Therefore, he's fine. Chelios was merely surprised that a woman that told his team that they were "going to get it" hit him.

It was Corey Perry that hit him. Therefore, he's fine. Chelios was merely surprised that a woman that told his team that they were "going to get it" hit him.

That hit was a cheap shot and should have resulted in a penalty. He was crying to the ref seconds before and decided to take the law into his own hands. I don't know how you don't call something so deliberate. What is frustrating is they call all the little stickwork when a guy gets his stick into someone's side (aka Lang's near fatal penalty near the end of the game) but when the wings dump it in and go to chase it, they let the other teams D obstruct them. That is so frustrating!!!

Guest jaytan

He was right back out there a couple shifts later, and looked fine to me. Takes a lot more than that to take Cheli out - then again, I don't even want to imagine how screwed we'd be if he went down right now.

And I saw the kid trying to scare Dats, but I wonder if Perry told Bertuzzi that he's going to get "it" too?

Was it a goal?

I swear to god if I was one of the wings players on the ice, I would have rush to Perry and start beating him down. I mean I was pissed off especially because right before the play, he was whining to the ref of how there was penalty on him that wasn't called. God i was pissed.

That hit was a cheap shot and should have resulted in a penalty. He was crying to the ref seconds before and decided to take the law into his own hands. I don't know how you don't call something so deliberate. What is frustrating is they call all the little stickwork when a guy gets his stick into someone's side (aka Lang's near fatal penalty near the end of the game) but when the wings dump it in and go to chase it, they let the other teams D obstruct them. That is so frustrating!!!

I totally agree. They said during the replay "they didn't see each other" but you can go to ESPN and look at the video and Perry clearly saw him and knocked into him on purpose. I'm even thinking he was acting when he lay down on the ice himeself. Very dirty - the only thing he can do is knock down a 45 yo dude - come on now. I think Bert needs a shift with Perry...

Thanks for the update, guys! I'm glad to hear that he's okay. :)

I am pretty much expecting the Ducks to take runs at our D-men at every opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if they're thinking that if they take out one of them on a questionable play, it will make the difference in the series. <_<

Let's all hope that it stays clean out there!

Perry could have easily turned around him liek any other player would have, instead tryed getting back at the wings by trying to pretty much give chelly whiplash with no penalty called. Im sure the way things were called if a wings player did that hed get one. Hell Bert got one of those penalties either in the first round or late in the season where they accidentally collided and the guy got cut so Bert got 4 min.

completely agree, im glad no one is sticking up for Perry on that hit, he DEFINITELY could have avoided it. Good thing he (Perry) acted hurt, or they may have penalized him.

As for the non-calls... I hate all the minute stickwork that gets called, even on the Ducks (Perry or was it Mcdonald for barely holding Cheli's stick) They needed to call that since they called all the petty s*** on us, but come on, that is not holding and the calls on us were NOT hooking. Speaking of which, anytime Pav has the puck, he's taking "hooks" and "holds" all the time that go un called...

it's the physical penalties, such a s the roughing / interference on Chelios, the elbows that the ducks were throwing during checks in the first, and the ducks leaving their feet for hits in the 3rd... that's the kind of crap that gets people hurt and pisses me off, call that stuff!

oh, and by the way, maltby was pushed / obstructed into Hasek when he elbowed him in the head... we can't lose Dom. Refs missed that one too... but i think they will not call anything around Dom because he's "acted" in the past.

Yes, Perry was pissed about a stick he took and "played" hurt after hitting Chelios in the back; a hit in which he tried to make look like an accident.

I totally agree. They said during the replay "they didn't see each other" but you can go to ESPN and look at the video and Perry clearly saw him and knocked into him on purpose. I'm even thinking he was acting when he lay down on the ice himeself. Very dirty - the only thing he can do is knock down a 45 yo dude - come on now. I think Bert needs a shift with Perry...

I agree. I think it was funny though that after the collision that Perry was the one that got the worst of it. I don't see how hitting a guy in the back of the head is very fair, but to act like you got it worse than him is rediculous. btw, Colorado Wings fans all the way!

I agree. I think it was funny though that after the collision that Perry was the one that got the worst of it. I don't see how hitting a guy in the back of the head is very fair, but to act like you got it worse than him is rediculous. btw, Colorado Wings fans all the way!

Its too bad there isn't a local Red Wings bar that we could congregate at and cheer the Wings on to victory! I am a Green Bay Packers fan too, and they have bars all over the country. Swanky's in LODO and Rocky Flats are both Green Bay bars. Are there any Wings bars around here?

Perry getting beat up..... by a little guy

Yes, Perry was pissed about a stick he took and "played" hurt after hitting Chelios in the back; a hit in which he tried to make look like an accident.

If you watch the video, idiot Perry skated into Dom's stick himself. Why should that be a penalty? If you skate around the net and turn into the butt end of a goalie's stick, thats your own fault. Dom didn't even do anything.

Guest jaytan

So there's some guy out there laying dirty hits on our veterans, maybe trying to injure our players, saying (humorous) threats to our smaller stars, and he's too scared to fight....

Knock him out, Todd! This is what we gotcha for!

Do you guys think the number 24 goes into the rafters after Cheli is done? He's been with the Wings only one season less than he was a Blackhawk, and after all, the Avs decided to retire Ray Bourque's jersey when he was only with them for two seasons (thats just sad if you ask me).

Guest Crymson

I think he's fine. Perry ought to be ashamed of himself for deliberately clipping someone like this. I felt rather shocked at the Versus announcers for remarking on this; I believe it was clear to all that Perry hit Chelios from the back. There is NO way that he did not see Chelios coming.

Apparently Versus has instructed its PbP crew to remain impartial on every count.

Indeed.