• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

How long until we get Kronwall back?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know his status? I know they said he wouldn't be ready until about now, but has anyone said how far along he is? I don't know if bringing him back would even be a good thing, since he hasn't played ANY hockey for quite some time and we can see from Bertuzzi's play that it takes some time to get back into game shape, BUT with the Ducks taking cheap shots at our D (like when Chelios was "accidentally" run into from behind) it would be nice to have him available.

At the start of the playoffs, there was this vague estimate of "maybe by the third round", should the wings make there. Since the later stages of the sharks series, the estimate was pushed back to "could be back by the finals". We shouldn't hold our breath until we hear something solid about his progress, and even then I am a bit pessimistic. The guy probably hasn't even been able to skate (broken sacrum), and will take a long time to get into game shape. I get the feeling that we will have to make due with the guys that are healthy.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

look at bertuzzi as a example, he is still not in game form, even if kronner comes back next game which is not gonna happen, he still will not be in proper game form till maybe game 7 of the stanley cup finals!

Guest bullocks

i read somewhere that he's scheduled to start skating at the end of next week...

i heard he already started skating lol but i could be wrong...anyways he was suppose to be out 6-8 weeks from march 6th and be back in the conference finals or stanley cup finals...but i wouldnt hold ur breath.

All original reports stated he'd be out 1-2 months and he was injured on the 30th of March. Experts were looking at a return to play by as early as conference finals play but it won't likely be till the end of the series if at all. I personally don't see him making it back unless we make the finals or Quincey starts sucking something awful.

All original reports stated he'd be out 1-2 months and he was injured on the 30th of March. Experts were looking at a return to play by as early as conference finals play but it won't likely be till the end of the series if at all. I personally don't see him making it back unless we make the finals or Quincey starts sucking something awful.

we may actualy try to push him if the Ducks series goes bad and the team will need reinforcments(sp).

though, there has to be how to push and if he's gonna be unable to compete at solid level there'll be no

reason to put him on the ice

let's hope he's fine. we'd definitely profit from his presence on the blue line

Guest bullocks

i heard he already started skating lol but i could be wrong...anyways he was suppose to be out 6-8 weeks from march 6th and be back in the conference finals or stanley cup finals...but i wouldnt hold ur breath.

f***, i ment march 30th lol

if he did come back, it would be a nice lift...although im not too sure how he'd perform being thrown into a stanley cup final series not playing all post-season.

Ugh. I can't believe the amount of people who actually want Kronwall back. Do you all feel that Quincey is playing that badly?

My God. We can last without Kronwall. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't come back.

Ugh. I can't believe the amount of people who actually want Kronwall back. Do you all feel that Quincey is playing that badly?

My God. We can last without Kronwall. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't come back.

Being this far into the playoffs and looking as great as the Wings do, I think a lot of the fans are like me and want it so bad we can taste it. Having the option of Kronwall is just a little insurance that some of us like since we lost Schnieds. Quincey is doing a fine job, but who do we have after that?

I'm sure everyone here is surprised with how well Quincy has been playing for us this post season. He hasn't taken a single chance that could hurt us, and is really doing an amazing job filling in.

Having said that, there is still a reason why Kronwall is in the nhl and Quincy is in the minors, and given the choice between the two (assuming they're both healthy), I would take Kronwall 10 times out of 10. Hes a very physical player and can be gritty and come out of our corners with the puck. In addition to that, hes played the entire season with our other defensemen and can play along side their style much better than Quincy, who, in comparison, has only a series and a half of experience with them.

the problem is, we have already employed 1 d-men out of the regular line-up. with the way Ducks are playing there is a risk of further injuries to our D-men, and there's nothing bad in wanting to have some options in such case. even if Quincey is playing good (which he is) I'd love to have Kronwall healthy and able to step in when necessary. even more when he's a physical presence that we'd definitely welcome playing those Ducks

Guest bullocks

Being this far into the playoffs and looking as great as the Wings do, I think a lot of the fans are like me and want it so bad we can taste it. Having the option of Kronwall is just a little insurance that some of us like since we lost Schnieds. Quincey is doing a fine job, but who do we have after that?

Meech i believe?

the problem is, we have already employed 1 d-men out of the regular line-up. with the way Ducks are playing there is a risk of further injuries to our D-men, and there's nothing bad in wanting to have some options in such case. even if Quincey is playing good (which he is) I'd love to have Kronwall healthy and able to step in when necessary. even more when he's a physical presence that we'd definitely welcome playing those Ducks

exactly, if another one of our D men goes down...were screwed...and kronwall is a stud, hes very physical and gifted...i'd love to see him back.

My personal opinion: Kronwall coming back is not any more of an upgrade over Quincey. First off, Kronwall is coming off an injury and it will take time for him to get back to a decent playing level. Second, Kronwall wasn't all that impressive this season, and Quincey certainly has been nothing but solid in these playoffs. If Quincey can come in and play like he has with minimal NHL experience, I see no reason to bring Kronwall back. It may even end up being a worse situation with Kronwall playing, considering how well Quincey has done. Let Kronwall get healthy and come back next season. Quincey has proven he can play at times when the stakes are high.

Edited by GoWings1905

I disagree with keeping Quincey in. When Kronwall is ready, send him back in. He can play more than Quincey's 11 minutes per, and we need a defenseman who Babcock feels comfortable playing more than for 10 minutes.

I say if Kronwall is 100% or close to it put him in, no contest. Once he gets his timing back he can help fill Schneider's void a lot better than Quincey can and he can lay down punishing hits as well. But I also feel if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I'd rather see us turn to Kronnic if we really need the boost or change of style.

Quincey is playing rock solid. I hope he earns his way onto the team next year.

Guest bullocks

How about going with 7 defensemen...if we do get by anaheim in the finals so we dont ware down...hmmm

this way we could have both quincey and krownwall...and ease kronwall back in.

How about going with 7 defensemen...if we do get by anaheim in the finals so we dont ware down...hmmm

this way we could have both quincey and krownwall...and ease kronwall back in.

I kind of like this idea but who'd sit? We already have Hudler sitting out of the line up despite deserving a spot.

Guest bullocks

I kind of like this idea but who'd sit? We already have Hudler sitting out of the line up despite deserving a spot.

calder? played 4 minutes last game and sat like the hole 2nd period lol