• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

How long until we get Kronwall back?

Rate this topic

I honestly don't think he'll be back before the end of the season. Even if he does start skating again, he won't necessarily be on top of his game for awhile, and I'm not sure we could afford that at this point in the playoffs.

Before he went down , he was probably the worst d-man on our team. I wouldnt go as far to say the NHL , but I might. He made so many terrible neutral zone turnovers. He hasent throw a decent body check since he rocked that guy on the Blues last year

Before he went down , he was probably the worst d-man on our team. I wouldnt go as far to say the NHL , but I might. He made so many terrible neutral zone turnovers. He hasent throw a decent body check since he rocked that guy on the Blues last year

i wouldn't go that far because he had some good hits this year. i would like to see him back in the line up soon

Guest bullocks

weather u want him in or not, we could sure use a fresh body on defense.

Jay McClemant for referencial purposes. ;)

Yeah, I agree. Kronwall did suck for pretty much the whole season. The puck always seemed to roll off his stick every time he touched it. I wouldn't say he was the worst in the league though. Most might save that catagory for Rory. :P

He hasent throw a decent body check since he rocked that guy on the Blues last year

That simply isn't true. Kronwall was the best open ice hitter on our blueline this season (though you could also make a case for Markov), but injuries seemed to slow him down a little as the season progressed.

We could really use Nik's speed on the blueline right now to help us against Anaheim's forecheck. Whether you like him or not, he was third among Detroit defenceman in icetime during the regular season, and with Schneider out for the post-season, it couldn't hurt to have Kronwall back to play the point on the PP.

That being said, if Kronwall did come back, it probably wouldn't be at 100%, and we'd need him to get his timing back almost immediately, so I say let him sit unless it's really necessary.

That simply isn't true. Kronwall was the best open ice hitter on our blueline this season (though you could also make a case for Markov), but injuries seemed to slow him down a little as the season progressed.

We could really use Nik's speed on the blueline right now to help us against Anaheim's forecheck. Whether you like him or not, he was third among Detroit defenceman in icetime during the regular season, and with Schneider out for the post-season, it couldn't hurt to have Kronwall back to play the point on the PP.

That being said, if Kronwall did come back, it probably wouldn't be at 100%, and we'd need him to get his timing back almost immediately, so I say let him sit unless it's really necessary.

Liljas a better open ice hitter then Kronwall. and Lilja can back it up too ;)

Markovs hits make a difference too. Kronwall would throw checks when we losing like 4-1 just to stir things up and then skate away.

Its not I dont like him , but hes greatly overrated. He's given time because Babs likes him I guess , doesnt mean he deserves that ice time , he was second or thrid on the team for giveaways and didnt even play the whole season.

Hmmm , Actually , after searching , if we could get this Kronwall , i'd maybe bring him back. As long as he promises to let our better puck handlers touch the ouck and not him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj4fljgkxeE...ted&search=

we may actualy try to push him if the Ducks series goes bad and the team will need reinforcments(sp).

though, there has to be how to push and if he's gonna be unable to compete at solid level there'll be no

reason to put him on the ice

let's hope he's fine. we'd definitely profit from his presence on the blue line

is he even on the playoff roster

Liljas a better open ice hitter then Kronwall. and Lilja can back it up too ;)

In this post-season maybe, but previous to his performance in these playoffs, Lilja was known around here as a 6'-3", 230-pound softie who didn't use his size nearly enough. Kronwall on the other hand, has always played like a much bigger player than he is, and I think that's part of the reason he's run into injury problems.

Guest bullocks

In this post-season maybe, but previous to his performance in these playoffs, Lilja was known around here as a 6'-3", 230-pound softie who didn't use his size nearly enough. Kronwall on the other hand, has always played like a much bigger player than he is, and I think that's part of the reason he's run into injury problems.

nothing like a perfect time to shine in the post season ;)

for all those Kronwall bashers: weren't you exactly the same who cursed Lilja every single game and now sing his praises?

why do you assume Lilja could upgrade like hell coming into postseason, yet Kronwall would still suck ass if he touched the ice?

for sure Quincey is playing great and is a legit 6th D-man. in such case it's not likely and not even reasonable to put Kronwall on the ice if he's not 100% ready and in game shape.

yet, I fail to understand why so many people here bash him and want him off the playoffs. especially with Wings so short on defensive corps right now and playing physical Ducks who perfectly know of this weakness. I mean... do a reality check, PPL!

You guys have been ridiculously harsh to Kronwall. This thread has become a joke. Some fans have such short memories. I can't fathom hoe someone can sit there and say he's possibly the worst d-man in the NHL. He was't even the worst for a majorly stacked Wings D corps. Some of you need to get real.

Gees.

wow, some of you guys need to just shut up. Anyone saying Kronwall is even close to the worst D-man in the NHL is just plain stupid. You should banned for being such a dumbass. However, this is the internet, and you are entitled to your whack opinion.

Anyone thinking that Quincey is going back down to the minors also is crazy. To perform in the playoffs like he has, basically as a rookie, someone will give him top 6 minutes, if not us. What's his status for next year anyway??

man we would be stacked on D right now if Kronwall, Scheider, and god willing..Fisher were all healthy. to much depth though, someone would get screwed

Lidstrom - Markov

Schnieder - Fisher

Kronwall/Lebda/Quincy-Chelios

id take that set of D-men over Anehiems anyday, not to mention every other team in the league

to bad we will probably never see it

You guys have been ridiculously harsh to Kronwall. This thread has become a joke. Some fans have such short memories. I can't fathom hoe someone can sit there and say he's possibly the worst d-man in the NHL. He was't even the worst for a majorly stacked Wings D corps. Some of you need to get real.

Gees.

No kidding, short memroies indeed. Before the playoffs anyone who said they wanted Lilja in instead of Kronwall has issues. Obviously Lilja has been awesome this year in the post-season, but no one saw that coming. No one.

If Kronwall comes back and is ready, of course you put him in. All it would take would be one solid game from Kronwall and all is forgotten. That's how it works in the playoffs.

Its not I dont like him , but hes greatly overrated. He's given time because Babs likes him I guess , doesnt mean he deserves that ice time , he was second or thrid on the team for giveaways and didnt even play the whole season.

You should really actually take the time to look up stats before posting them. Kronwall wasn't even 3rd on the team in giveaways by defensemen.

Edited by Heaton

Wheres the love for Kronwall? Hes a 2nd year guy and I will bet a case of beer that by year 5 he'll be top 3 on our team in all the D stats. I mean I can kind of understand, we are spoiled rotten with havin Nick Lidstrom, but, Kronwall is a good player and should get the respect that a top 4 D man on one of the Top D teams in the league is intitled to.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest bullocks

man we would be stacked on D right now if Kronwall, Scheider, and god willing..Fisher were all healthy. to much depth though, someone would get screwed

Lidstrom - Markov

Schnieder - Fisher

Kronwall/Lebda/Quincy-Chelios

id take that set of D-men over Anehiems anyday, not to mention every other team in the league

to bad we will probably never see it

lilja is basically the same as fisher...a big body, not so quick on his feet tough defenceman...lilja has been huge this post season in blocked shots which u need. although i remember when fisher first came into the nhl on detroits D he was spose to be liek the next hatcher. anyways, in ur line up there quincy, and lebda would both be out. kronwall and chelios in.

Wheres the love for Kronwall? Hes a 2nd year guy and I will bet a case of beer that by year 5 he'll be top 3 on our team in all the D stats. I mean I can kind of understand, we are spoiled rotten with havin Nick Lidstrom, but, Kronwall is a good player and should get the respect that a top 4 D man on one of the Top D teams in the league is intitled to.

kronwall will be a stud. some of the responses in this thread are really foolish. if he's healthy, i'd take him back in a heart beat. ease him into the line up.

lilja is basically the same as fisher...a big body, not so quick on his feet tough defenceman...lilja has been huge this post season in blocked shots which u need. although i remember when fisher first came into the nhl on detroits D he was spose to be liek the next hatcher. anyways, in ur line up there quincy, and lebda would both be out. kronwall and chelios in.

kronwall will be a stud. some of the responses in this thread are really foolish. if he's healthy, i'd take him back in a heart beat. ease him into the line up.

Why take out a top 6 six d-man in lebda for an injured Kronwal. I'd take him to the games , but unless its game 7 of the stanley cup finals, theres no point in playing him

Wheres the love for Kronwall? Hes a 2nd year guy and I will bet a case of beer that by year 5 he'll be top 3 on our team in all the D stats.

Kronwall most likely won't be top 3 in team D stats, and that's for a good reason. he is a defensive defenseman and as such is not supposed to put pucks into the net and not necessarily contribute to the offensive production.

media guys like to blow stats out of proportion and judge players just by the numbers. and while there is some substance in such ratings when applied to forwards, it's not necessarily just when we're speaking of defenseman. media and then many fans often forget that defensemen not only play as quarterbacks on powerplay, but also cover own net and prevent goals, which is a difficult job to measure by the numbers and therefore often underapreciated(sp?). and the truth is, actually, that a good defensive D-man is a blessing to any team :)

we don't need Kronwall to be piling points. he just needs to be effective, which he basically does. is still prone to give aways and has health problems, but if he gets over the later, he'll be at worst 2nd line defenseman with us for many years.

Guest bullocks

Why take out a top 6 six d-man in lebda for an injured Kronwal. I'd take him to the games , but unless its game 7 of the stanley cup finals, theres no point in playing him

i was speaking in general...i wouldn't put kronwall in for lebda now.