• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

How long until we get Kronwall back?

Rate this topic

He came straight off injury to the Olympics semifinal, which Sweden won 7-3 against the Czech Rep. He then went on to score the game tying goal in the final against Finland (and Lidstrom of course hammered in the winner). Just a thought.

He came straight off injury to the Olympics semifinal, which Sweden won 7-3 against the Czech Rep. He then went on to score the game tying goal in the final against Finland (and Lidstrom of course hammered in the winner). Just a thought.

Wasn't Sweden saying that Kronwall was the MVP of the tournament for them? I think he's a great defenseman who has had some bad luck and needs a little more playing time, but will be a great great player.

Guest LivingtheDream

Answer. Just in time to turn over more pucks in our own zone.

Has he been on practise yet?

Any source or mentioning somewhere?

I haven't heard anything new, last I saw they were saying he could be ready mid May, so who knows :(

Hopefully sooner rather than later, Kronner is an animal out there on the ice. His physical presence alone is worth the price of admission, not to mention he has a great offensive sense about him, definitely not a stay at home defenseman.

Guest jaytan

He'll be back in October.

Face it, we have to win this one with the guys we've got.

I'd prefer he didn't come back until the start of next season. Let me explain why I feel better about Quincey in there.

We have expectations of Kronwall. We expect him to hit people. We expect him to make neat passes out of the zone. We expect him to be mobile. We expect him to score goals. We expect him to set up goals. We expect a lot out of him.

We don't have any expectations of Quincey.

So while Kronwall is out there, he's thinking "OK, make that pass, no wait... skate with it first, squeeze it through there. Hit that guy. Can I make that pass? Is this a good shot to take? OK, I'll take this shot instead."

You know what Quincey is thinking? "Don't f*** up. Don't f*** up. Don't f*** up."

And because we have no expectations of Quincey, I think we've all been pleasantly surprised that he's been as solid as he has. Sure, I can recall a few mistakes here and there but everyone else makes mistakes too. No, I'd much rather have someone out there trying to play solid defense than someone who thinks they have to do it all and ends up doing everything sub par. During the playoffs I want risk-free defense being played. We have a long way to go to get there but bringing Kronwall back is a step in the other direction, in my not-so-humble opinion.