• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
high_stick69

Neidermeyer the cheap shot artist

Rate this topic

Pronger must have rubbed off on Neidermeyer. I was surprised that he cheap shotted Pavel at the end of the 2nd period the way he did. He needs to get a taste of his own medicine. I'm sure the Ducks will continue with their attempts to take out the Wings skill players. Its the only chance they have to win.

I'm not surprised at all - the Ducks are a physical, tough team. I have no problem with Niedermayer, the guy is a world-class defensemen and he has always played with some grit, on top of his high skill level. The Ducks play physical hockey and the Red Wings will have to respond to it, just as they did in Game One. It's not dirty, cheap, or lack of skill. The Ducks are a team of big players that are built to play physical hockey.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest Crymson

Having a defenseman who is both the best and the least dirty D-man on earth, we have pretty high standards I'd say.

Having a defenseman who is both the best and the least dirty D-man on earth, we have pretty high standards I'd say.

I was thinking the same thing, we're all rather spoiled getting to watch Lidstrom play his entire career with us. Niedermayer is one of the best players in the NHL and is a lot grittier than he is dirty. It's just when you use Lidstrom as a measuring stick you're not giving Scott a fair grade.

Guest Crymson

I was thinking the same thing, we're all rather spoiled getting to watch Lidstrom play his entire career with us. Niedermayer is one of the best players in the NHL and is a lot grittier than he is dirty. It's just when you use Lidstrom as a measuring stick you're not giving Scott a fair grade.

I expect Lidstrom's and Stevie's level of conduct out of any captain, truth be told.

Really? Are we talking about Scott Niedermeyer? The guy is respected all around the league I think the last thing anyone would call him is a cheap shot artist. I think everyone has moments that some people might view as "dirt" or "cheap" but I don't think what happened yesterday falls under either of those categories.

You're right: we have high standards, and that is because we have been witness to pure EXCELLENCE from our captains Steve Yzerman and now Nicklas Lidstrom.

I was a fan of Niedermayer's when he was with the Devils. It was hard to hate the guy, even when he burned us in the 2005 SCF. Now it's easy to hate him, and what he did to Dats is bulls***.

f*** that guy.

So are we going to create overblown, bitchy threads every time a Duck does something physical (Thornton, Perry, now Niedermayer)?. The Ducks are a big, aggressive team who are going to play it rough. Players will be knocked around, it's time to realize that's a part of hockey and stop labeling every player who throws a check a malicious cheapshotting bastard.

And seriously, of all players to accuse of being a cheapshot artist you pick Scott Niedermayer? You need to get in touch with reality before you embarass yourself any further.

Guest bullocks

Niedermayer's a winner wherever he has gone. He does what it takes to win. On top of that, he's one hell of a defense men.

we look more like a ***** team everytime one of these threads are made.. its the playoffs... get over it.. dont take everything so personal

omg thank you!

everything goes in the playoffs. 50% of the time the cheap shots and other unnecassary exchanges arent even caught on camera and i would say most of the time its even for both teams by the end of the series.

please dont start beign lie canucks fans and bitching and calling the ducks cheaters

So are we going to create overblown, bitchy threads every time a Duck does something physical (Thornton, Perry, now Niedermayer)?. The Ducks are a big, aggressive team who are going to play it rough. Players will be knocked around, it's time to realize that's a part of hockey and stop labeling every player who throws a check a malicious cheapshotting bastard.

And seriously, of all players to accuse of being a cheapshot artist you pick Scott Niedermayer? You need to get in touch with reality before you embarass yourself any further.

I have to agree.

The Sharks organization (and a lot of fans) did nothing but cry dirty during the Nashville series, the difference being we actually had injured players because of this (Cheechoo) and lost game two 5-2.

article

In the end of course we won, and took out Nashville 4-1 in the series. But what if we had lost? Would SHarks fans have cried foul, like Nashbille cried referee conspiracy? Answer is maybe, but nobody remembers second. The only people remembered are those that win the cup, and this is HOCKEY (not Sparta), so grittiness, occasional dirtyness, physical play and above all HEART are going to win the cup.

Marty McSorley, our color guy, said "the team crying dirty and pointing fingers for the most part is the team not in control of the series".

SO from one fan to another(s), don't cry dirty. Barring injury, I love controversy, some dirtyness, and drama. It's what the game is all about.

Oh, and you guys do have Bertuzzi........

Edited by Defenseman13

we look more like a ***** team everytime one of these threads are made.. its the playoffs... get over it.. dont take everything so personal

The think is, none of the Wings are assholes, so we don't expect other teams to pull this s*** on us. So we all get pissed and you should expect it, we don't wanna see one of our stars get knocked out due to goonery. Go ahead and wish for some wings to be added to the IR while the rest of us complain about dirty play...

as for Neidermyer being dirty... I expected this, he's been doing this for years. F him and his grey beard.

I'm sure the Ducks will continue with their attempts to take out the Wings skill players. Its the only chance they have to win.

The Ducks have a playoff tailored team and can still win these series in 6...

We were pretty bad with the lead in game 1, and dominated in periods 1 and 2.

Ducks series will be even harder than SJ series (great team / better goaltender)

Hope the coaches will have a chat together about that, because if the series get dirty injuries will be on both sides and even for the winner of these series that is not the best way to enter in the SCF

The think is, none of the Wings are assholes, so we don't expect other teams to pull this s*** on us. So we all get pissed and you should expect it, we don't wanna see one of our stars get knocked out due to goonery. Go ahead and wish for some wings to be added to the IR while the rest of us complain about dirty play...

as for Neidermyer being dirty... I expected this, he's been doing this for years. F him and his grey beard.

some call it goonery, others call it old skool. Just one more reason to clone probert

He's just old school, he's good, and usually clean but thats how old school D men do it, especially in the playoff atmosphere. Him and Cheli could probably trade notes on some of their schenanigans, although I highly doubt that Cheli would ever use Selanne's head for a support when standing up off the ice.

Anaheim just plays an in your face style, could be misconstrued as disrespectful, but they're just trying to get us to worry about the rough stuff and forget about the game. Only thing I didn't like is we can't really afford to lose people to fighting, but if Shanny was still around I can just about guarantee he'd be in the box with swollen knuckles after that incident. Personally I would like to see Burt earn his spot in that category, but that's neither here nor there, someone will need to fight before this is over and he's alot more expendable compared to some of the others seeing as his offensive production is down right now. Granted Burt has had some chances lately, he's a great weapon offensively, but if I could nominate anyone to knock em' down and drag em' out when the rough stuff hits, it would be him.

hes a cheap shot artist indeed...to be honest with you i've never seen him play like that in new jersey but now that hes in anaheim he thinks hes some tough guy and he can run his mouth and hit who ever the hell he wants...i think we should sign TIE DOMI for this round and let him OWN niedermeyer again like he did when toronto and jersey played in the playoffs....yeah it was a cheap shot by domi but neidermeyer is a piece of sh*t now so i dont care. but the guy is a great defenseman i'll give him that.

I wouldn't call him a cheap shot artist whatsoever...but that should have been a penalty and he was probably mad at pavel for schooling him and he's paying in advance in anticipating further tutelage...