• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hc__

Conn Smythe winner if Wings win the Cup?

Rate this topic

My first post here...

I was just wondering as i cant see the games as i live in Finland who will win the conn smythe if things go as described in the title.

Just reading the stats and comments i would guess it would be either Lidström or Hasek.

Hasek has been able to get

Save %

DOMINIK HASEK DET .934

Goals against avr.

DOMINIK HASEK DET 1.47

Both good stats.

Lidström has been able to get

NICKLAS LIDSTROM 13 points which equals to 1 point per game.

Time on ice

NICKLAS LIDSTROM 29:15 per game. Which is most in the whole league.

Dominick has very good stats. No doubt and goalie is always important for the team. Lidström anyway has highest ice time of the whole league. Also he tops points as defender. With this rate if Detroit goes to the very end he could even end up 3rd or 4th in the points as whole.

I did watch one game and thinking about this stats i would grant Lidström the Conn Smythe.

What do you people think ?

EDIT: to correct.. actually its TOTAL ICE TIME that Lidström tops.. not the time on ice per game.. Misread the stat. Anyway huge icetime... Sorry for that..

Edited by Hc__

If things continue as they are, it doesnt matter how many points Lidstrom will have. Dominik Hasek has been a wall for the past 3 or 4 games. The defense is battered, and Lidstrom is the glue thats holding it together, but if Hasek's play remains at the level its been at, its his.

I'd like to win the Cup first, but anyways...Hasek.

True its good to win it first :) This is just to discuss.

Just watcing the Worlds here and i think goalies just wins player of the game awards very often. As many times they are half of the team. The position is just so important.

Not to take anything away from Hasek! Never! Just wondering who is contributing to the team in an exceptional manner. But i would never say it would be bad idea to grant it to Hasek either :)

I hate to talk about stuff before we even get there but I guess if its all just for fun I'd have to agree with Hasek. However Lidstrom is very deserving along with a few other guys. Lets hope we get there and then if we win we can talk about it for the whole 5 minutes until they award the winner :P

Guest bullocks

True its good to win it first :) This is just to discuss.

Just watcing the Worlds here and i think goalies just wins player of the game awards very often. As many times they are half of the team. The position is just so important.

Not to take anything away from Hasek! Never! Just wondering who is contributing to the team in an exceptional manner. But i would never say it would be bad idea to grant it to Hasek either :)

who do u think will win tomorrow, canada or finland?

JINXES..ha ha.

Anyway, I think it will be Lidstrom, Hasek, or possibly Datsyuk. I think the least likely player to win is Lidstrom because I think the fact that he won one already will be in the back of people's minds. They will be itching to give it to Dom, but if Dats scores a couple of critical goals...who knows?

That being said...there are MANY games ahead of us still...anything can happen.

who do u think will win tomorrow, canada or finland?

Well.. Of course i hope its Finland. But if i would need to bet money on it i would say Canada. Finland has good team play but the lack a bit of scoring skill. If they allow very few goals against Canada then they will win.

Guest bullocks

Well.. Of course i hope its Finland. But if i would need to bet money on it i would say Canada. Finland has good team play but the lack a bit of scoring skill. If they allow very few goals against Canada then they will win.

i thought russia would beat finland...

It would have to be Hasek because in order for us to get by the Ducks we HAVE to rely on Hasek 100%,hes playing awsome right now so if he keeps it up and we win the cup it has to be Hasek for the conn smythe.But Lids will win the norris :D

Isn't it like, bad luck to talk about the Conn Smythe trophy before the clinching game of the Cup Final? Sort of like saying the game is a shutout before it actually is.

Bad juju, I tell ya. Bad, bad juju.

It's a good thing you spelled Red Wings wrong or I might've been worried about having to knock on wood. ;p

Welcome to the forum!

Isn't it like, bad luck to talk about the Conn Smythe trophy before the clinching game of the Cup Final? Sort of like saying the game is a shutout before it actually is.

Bad juju, I tell ya. Bad, bad juju.

If that were the case, the 4 teams in the final rounds wouldve been eliminated already. I can guarantee you fans of all of the 16 playoff teams have had this conversation already, whether in the 1st round or the 4th.

All of these guys are so important to this team, but I would say Hasek has saved us alot more than anyone else on this team besides Lidstrom, so I say right now its Hasek, but if Nick contiues to play like Nick then it is his.

1. Hasek

2. Lidstrom

3. Datsyuk

There are so many that have done things to put them in the running for it. I know who I would like to see win, but we won't go there yet.

All of these guys are so important to this team, but I would say Hasek has saved us alot more than anyone else on this team besides Lidstrom, so I say right now its Hasek, but if Nick contiues to play like Nick then it is his.

1. Hasek

2. Lidstrom

3. Datsyuk

I agree, but I think Hank should be up there too. He's been pretty clutch

One of:

Hasek - Speaks for itself, big reason the Wings stay in a couple games.

Lidstrom - Best d-man in the game, presence is gigantic.

Datsyuk - Stuck it to his critics, with a big postseason, continues to excel.

Zetterberg - Quietly having another performing playoff season.

Not a Conn Smythe contender, but:

Holmstrom - Wings haven't lost a game since he's been back in the lineup, his presence infront of the net is huge.

I agree, but I think Hank should be up there too. He's been pretty clutch

Z would be my 4th guy, then Chelios my 5th, but I was just going by the 2 guys who had something to prove to their critics and Lidstrom who has nothing to prove but still continues to astonish me with his mistake free plays and the Leadership he brings to the table with Yzerman gone.

Rediwings.

Dear kind and gentle mods/admins. Please fix the title of this thread.

I have nothing else to add.

Mahalo and aloha. Whammies - no jinx....no jinx.......no jinx. Whammies.

(Please delete this post at the same time too?)

Rediwings.

Dear kind and gentle mods/admins. Please fix the title of this thread.

I have nothing else to add.

(Please delete this post at the same time too?)

I know thats sad. But i was a bit drunk when i did do this post. Now living in nice hangover :) Keyboard didint like me :P