• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Don Cherry on coaches corner...

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

said it was dumb of him to say whut he did being miced up, because now if anything happens to datsyuk and them and hes involved he'll be suspended for sure lol

saying..."ur gonna get it"..."im commin for u"...if anyone missed it :P

Guest bullocks

i think he said what he said BECAUSE he was mic'd up. Just trying to sound cool for the kids watching at home.

yes, too bad he wouldnt say that to someone like bertuzzi :( lol

For once I agree with him!! Its similar to the Bertuzzi incident with Moore when Brad May was with the Canucks and threatened retribution on Moore for his hit on Naslund. I believe that May was involved in some kind of court case for the very reason that he openly threatened Moore in the media. I hate to bring up that incident and I hope this doesn't turn into another thread about it but that part of it with May reminded me of Perry yapping off!!

Guest bullocks

For once I agree with him!! Its similar to the Bertuzzi incident with Moore when Brad May was with the Canucks and threatened retribution on Moore for his hit on Naslund. I believe that May was involved in some kind of court case for the very reason that he openly threatened Moore in the media. I hate to bring up that incident and I hope this doesn't turn into another thread about it but that part of it with May reminded me of Perry yapping off!!

yah, grapes also mentionned that if something happened perry could be sued aswell because of premeditation or w.e

I caught that tonight. I didn't even think of it the way Grapes said it. I guess it could be bad. But, come on, I doubt they are gonna run Sammy and/or Dats to take them out of the playoffs.

Cherry took it out of context if you ask me.

Guest bullocks

I caught that tonight. I didn't even think of it the way Grapes said it. I guess it could be bad. But, come on, I doubt they are gonna run Sammy and/or Dats to take them out of the playoffs.

Cherry took it out of context if you ask me.

yah but...IF they did...now their screwed lol perry was just trying to show off because he knew he was miced up anyways...now he looks like a moron lol

Don Cherry is a card love him or hate him, I'll just say that, but there is a reason you shouldn't mic up people for a playoff game on a nationally televised broadcast, Perry should have been smart enough to not say that when he knew the mic was there too, but whatever.

Reguardless of why he said it, trying to look hard on TV or if he was going to say it anyway.... you, I , and everyone else knows that was some of the more G rated stuff said out there and I'm SURE they all say much, much, worse. I don't think he meant they were going to come at them with cheap shots, just come at them hard.

yah but...IF they did...now their screwed lol perry was just trying to show off because he knew he was miced up anyways...now he looks like a moron lol

I thought the same, it was for show. A really dumb show... but all the same. You don't repeat "You better tell him!" three times if you're serious.

The guy proved himself to be a challenging pansy, all by opening his mouth. But yeah, Grapes' take on it is right, if there were actually something to happen.

Perry strikes me (superficially) as the type of person to only take action if he's forced to or he's been embarrassed by someone. If Dats makes him look like a fool on ice.. then I'd expect something.

Edited by Flip-check

if anyone has sat with a few rows of the benches or penalty box you know that isnt all that bad. ive heard way worse and frankly its part of the game

90% of the players in this league talk crap on the ice

its part of the game

doesnt mean perry is guna go hunt him down after the game and attempt to kick his @$$ or something

plus cherry is an idiot

cherry doesnt have any room to talk with the dumb stuff hes said!

Guest bullocks

if anyone has sat with a few rows of the benches or penalty box you know that isnt all that bad. ive heard way worse and frankly its part of the game

90% of the players in this league talk crap on the ice

its part of the game

doesnt mean perry is guna go hunt him down after the game and attempt to kick his @$$ or something

plus cherry is an idiot

cherry doesnt have any room to talk with the dumb stuff hes said!

yah but the difference is...perrys on tape lol no one else is...of course ppl say s*** during the game...thats not the point of this, the point is...he was miced up, now hes screwed if anything was ever to happen lol

Guest bullocks

Did Cherry just rip on Perry (a Canadian) and compliment Dominik Hasek (a Czech AND a Red Wing) in the same segment???

The world is upside down. Im calling Lilja for the GWG in Game 2.

i'm not so sure he ripped him...i think he was more so saying it was a dumb thing for them to air it...but if anything was to happen he could get sued for premeditation lol and yah he did compliment hasek...i swear ppl think he hates the red wings for some reason i always see him complimenting them :unsure:

and yah he did compliment hasek...i swear ppl think he hates the red wings for some reason i always see him complimenting them :unsure:

What!

He was pretty much ripping on Hasek during that take if you ask me. Saying all the shots from the Blueline and from the Circles are like picking grapes. Okay, that isn't ripping on him. But he did go into how big Hasek's glove is. As much as to point out the old days and old players' gloves.

To me it seemed like he was giving Hasek backsided complements. "Yeah, he's good, that Hasek, but look at the size of his glove!! And 90% of the shots were at least from the circles."

That, my friend, is a backsided complement if I ever heard one.

Ya, Cherry was sitting there whining, and saying Dom is a cheater, because his pads are too big, and how they don't need to wear that much protection, and be more like Ken Dryden ect... When LO AND FREAKING BEHOLD, across the rink is Gigure who arguably wears the biggest pads in the league? WTF?

Ya, Cherry was sitting there whining, and saying Dom is a cheater, because his pads are too big, and how they don't need to wear that much protection, and be more like Ken Dryden ect... When LO AND FREAKING BEHOLD, across the rink is Gigure who arguably wears the biggest pads in the league? WTF?

I don't think he was saying that Dom is cheating. He's just stating that he thinks it was better back in the day when goalies used to have smaller gloves, and that all goalies should go back to that.

Guest bullocks

What!

He was pretty much ripping on Hasek during that take if you ask me. Saying all the shots from the Blueline and from the Circles are like picking grapes. Okay, that isn't ripping on him. But he did go into how big Hasek's glove is. As much as to point out the old days and old players' gloves.

To me it seemed like he was giving Hasek backsided complements. "Yeah, he's good, that Hasek, but look at the size of his glove!! And 90% of the shots were at least from the circles."

That, my friend, is a backsided complement if I ever heard one.

i forgot about the comment he made on dom's glove lol hey, it jus makes up for the tempurpedic attached to giggueres chest ;) lol

i forgot about the comment he made on dom's glove lol hey, it jus makes up for the tempurpedic attached to giggueres chest ;) lol

Barley!! haha. What about his pads? Dom needs a couple of twin mattresses or somehting. :P

Guest jaytan

Dude, Grapes is the best sports commentator on TV, anywhere. He knows a ton about the game, and his opinions are always wild enough to get everyone either really angry at him or to passionately agree with him.... Or maybe just laugh at him, but that works too.

A lot of you guys hate him, but 95 per cent of the time, you've got to admit he's right.