• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 2 (5/13): Ducks 4, Red Wings 3 OT

Rate this topic

so i guess according to johnny boy we lose a game and hasek automatically sucks, so i guess every other goalie in the nhl sucks too, does this mean kipper and nabby suck too.

I mean come on already yeah im pissed we lost, but we cant expected to have swept the ducks

Let's look at two very big positives here:

1. Anaheim is not an intimidating place to play. They rival New Jersey in terms of how s***ty the atmosphere is. They also have many empty seats, like the Wings, but without good reasons.

2. Hasek is probably going to play out of his mind again because he allowed four goals. I'm not saying they were bad goals, but anytime he gives up four goals period, he usually plays great aftewards.

Agreed on both counts.

2. Hasek is probably going to play out of his mind again because he allowed four goals. I'm not saying they were bad goals, but anytime he gives up four goals period, he usually plays great aftewards.

he had help. Hint: they wear striped shirts and have whistles... I think they do, anyway.

Which is why you are HERE and they are on the ice.

Your opinion doesn't matter a damn :P

The refs and officials in the booth (along with those in Toronto) do matter..... :lol:

They made the right call, but it was the wrong call, if that makes sense. That's all I'm saying. :unsure:

wow, what about the countless AMAZING saves he's made so far this series? he was shoveled into the net, he did not "fall". :thumbdown: to you.

Like i already said i watched the tivo replay about 100 times. He fell into the net before anyone touched him. Nice job trying to come up with an excuse though guys but Hasek is inconsistent

I can rationalize that the 1st one shoudln't have been a goal for a couple reasons, but it's just that - rationalizing. There is absolutely no ******* chance in hell that 2nd reviewed goal should have counted. I don't care if pushing in is reviewable or not, that goal was scored illegally.

dont worry dude.. the guy isnt even a real Wings fan.. i cant believe he's back on this baord after he proclaimed the series over in game 4 against the sharks...

Where was the Hasek retiring petition last game? Yeah, that is because he has been very, very good. That would be like saying Lidstrom should retire over one or two defensive mistakes. There's no logic in that.

It's only one game...lets not forget that the sharks beat us 2-0 the first game at home? I'm positive we'll win AT LEAST one game in anaheim. Then we'll come home and dominate. I have complete faith in my wings as should you all.

Like i already said i watched the tivo replay about 100 times. He fell into the net before anyone touched him. Nice job trying to come up with an excuse though guys but Hasek is inconsistent

well, he stole game one, so... the wings need to tighten down in their zone. the giveaways and errant passes are killing us. it's happened all year, so i'm not expecting a miracle, but at least a little smarter play in our end, please?? we are lucky we're so talented, not too many teams can give the puck away as much as we do and still win as much as we do. if the guys can just pull their ******* heads out of their asses we should be fine, but the could be a big if.

dont worry dude.. the guy isnt even a real Wings fan.. i cant believe he's back on this baord after he proclaimed the series over in game 4 against the sharks...

Now that's something I have no problem believing :P

so i guess according to johnny boy we lose a game and hasek automatically sucks, so i guess every other goalie in the nhl sucks too, does this mean kipper and nabby suck too.

I mean come on already yeah im pissed we lost, but we cant expected to have swept the ducks

Hasek is still playing in the playoffs, and playing briliantly. All of the Vezina candidates are all playing golf right now. I think that about says it all. Dom wants a bigger prize than another Vezina. He's not the problem here, I don't believe.

I for one am encouraged that despite the efforts of refs and suspect plays by the Ducks, the Wings managed to find three goals. **faints**

Maybe next game, they will all play 60 minutes and not just Dom, Lids and Zata.

I can difinitely understand why everyone is pissed with the officiating, but the Wings have yet to put together a decent effort, and until they do they are not going to get the calls. Anaheim play is not that impressive. The Wings should win the series...

you know we can even go back to the game winning goal for us in game one that was very bizare, good goal yes but s***ty looking, same for the goal hasek let in. hasek did all he could do and the ducks played smart and tried knocking it in and it worked. When it comes to playoff hockey you do anything you can for your team even if it means "bending" the rules. Lets face it guys if it was the other way around we be all on it and be riding on a high of 2 games lead on the ducks

your opinion....and it isn't shared by about half of the people on this board it seems....nor those that truly matter FWIW

I do not opine that Hasek was pushed into the net, I observed it and proclaim it as fact.

...oh welll!

...one question, what happened to the rule about not being able to push the goalie into the net while h has the puck? Even the annoucers said that Rob N. pushed him enough to force the puck over the line. Not that it matters now, but I am just curious about that one...

When I saw that goal I thought the very same thing. They obviously threw out this and the obstruction rule. When we dump the puck in, they are constantly impeding our progress.

The Ducks like it or not out played us. Most of the game was in our end. Our power plays were pathetic. We could never keep the puck in their zone. Our forecheck just sucked in this game. I am worried about the next game...we always suck out west on the first game. Jetlag, or the time change just screws us.

Maltby looked pretty good in this game. I was laughing my ass off when he was sent into their bench! I thought that was the hit of the nite. His goal was the payback for that hit.

I know the game is over but... To me the point of a video review is to get the call right. What I don't understand is, why have a two part system? Some calls are reviewable, some are not. I say if you're going to use video review, in an effort to make the right call let them all be subject to review. The reason the refs missed the fact that Rob N. pushed the Dom in the net is because they were looking to see if the puck was over the line or not. The video, showing the goalie was pushed in should then have veto power. The human element is still there making the judgment, it's just a more informed call.

Where was the Hasek retiring petition last game? Yeah, that is because he has been very, very good. That would be like saying Lidstrom should retire over one or two defensive mistakes. There's no logic in that.

Agreed. Blaming Hasek is silly. He won us game 1, kepts us in the game tonight in the 1st period. The 3rd goal was absolute bulls***, and the final goal came from a lost faceoff (Draper), and a guy falling and losing his man (Cleary).

There's about 20 guys on the team I'd look at before deciding to blame Hasek.

what happened to the rule about not being able to push the goalie into the net while h has the puck?

Apparently it is no longer in effect, maybe Eddie could provide us with some of his expert analysis as to why that is the case. :rolleyes:

how about that lilja roughing call? that was not nearly as bad as the stuff the ducks were doing as a normal part of the game. either don't call garbage like that, or call everything that resembles it. The wings did play some piss poor hockey at times, but the officiating was just horrid once again. I feel the wings are still up against not only a decent team, but the refs as well. The refs just don't call ANYTHING consistently...

No use complaining about it i suppose. On to game 3 where hopefully we can get some less biased officiating. Oh, and by the way, goaltender interference seems to not be called, so i say bert and homer start taking runs at giguere. Just a thought...

Nice job trying to come up with an excuse though guys but Hasek is inconsistent

Well, I don't agree with how you feel about Hasek, but then again, I'm not a Ducks fan, and I do recognize that fans from other teams are going to see things differently.