• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YzerTinov

What a crock of ... It

Rate this topic

I'm over the fact that it's 1-1 but look at the non-goal for Buffalo, the puck was in but they reviewed that if went off of a glove when the guy made a shooting motion with his stick and didn't swat the puck in with his glove, which that rule is supposed to prevent. This tying "goal" tonight missed the forest for the trees, yeah it was in but it went illegally, which the review is supposed to prevent. The NHL really makes wonder sometimes...

I didn't watch the game live - but i saw the replay of that over and over. Sabres got hosed imo, and now they're down 0-2. I think it's time the NHL gets something better going. Their camera angles during the reviews always suck too - does make you wonder.

Just puttin' this out there, if it hasn't already:

Rule 78a:

If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Now is that contact made by body or stick because I've seen more goals squeak through when the contact is with the stick, as compared to body contact. It's too vague, perhaps...

no sorry even the lousy canuck cbc reporters who hate the wings said its not a goal

and i dont care who says its a goal, if the lame brains in toronto were allowed to review the play youd be down 2-0

From what I heard, Toronto did make the call - the officials from Toronto just happened to be in the building.

Also, if this was reversed and we made that push on Giguere, we would have been happy with the win. You can't give up on the puck, you have to keep pushing the net, and hope that you get a point out of it. They did. The NHL needs to review the policies on what can and cannot be reviewed. As far as I know, the review was only to determine if the puck crossed the line (clearly yes it did), not whether or not Dom was pushed.

We can't expect to win every game, as much as we want to. We are facing the best team left in the West and I don't see these games staying close and decided by one goal.

Get over the goal. The Wings have been outplayed both games. Wings are lucky it's 1-1.

being outplayed has nothing to do with it.. The wings have outplayed teams on numerous occasions in recent years and lost the series.. goalies make a huge difference in the final result of the game... people are going to be pissed off about a goal, because it could ultimately change the outcome of the series.. so shut your trap moron..

IMO, the third Ducks goal should have been disallowed. I think it was pretty clear Neidermayer shoved Dom in with his stick, but hey - thems the breaks.

Bottom line is todays game could have gone either way, as with game one. I think it will be a long series, but if the Wings want to win, they need to really bare down and push the Ducks. Anaheim has been the better team through 2 games.

this league is a joke man

If you think the NHL is bad, you need to tune into the NBA. The refs arguably stole game 2 from the Wings/Sabres. The NBA refs do that on a regularly. Idk how Piston fans feel. But being a Nugget fan. you can tell that Stern has mad it clear who he wants the refs to support

being outplayed has nothing to do with it.. The wings have outplayed teams on numerous occasions in recent years and lost the series.. goalies make a huge difference in the final result of the game... people are going to be pissed off about a goal, because it could ultimately change the outcome of the series.. so shut your trap moron..

What does that have to do with anything? I remember the Wings outplaying a certain team in 2003 and getting swept. A goal is a goal- why have rules if they aren't followed?

There were definitely Ducks fans throwing out excuses after Game 1....I don't think he or I was one of them.

Let's move on to Game 3... BACK AT THE PONDA!!!!!

I wish it were that easy. The pushin goal was the knife entering the skin. The overtime lose was the knife being twisted around and then yanked out. Not to take anything away from you Duckies, but I just can't move on quite yet. Now, we win game 3, i'll be fine!

The NHL does not suck, the refs did not suck in this game, we had a bad bounce go our way, that is all. So what if Niedermayer pushed Hasek in the goal and the goal counted, the goal was counted and there is nothing anyone can do about it except whine and ***** to the refs/NHL/Bettman about how that 3rd Ducks goal should not have counted. The Wings had plenty of opportunites to put the game away and they didn't. Wings were outplayed in every area of the game except special teams, mainly 5-on-5 and this really showed in OT. It is time to regroup and practice harder heading into Game 3 Tuesday.

I just pray that Babcock or anyone else entwined with the Wings orginzation is raising hell right now. I want to see some controversy here. I don't want the NHL to try to push it under the carpet. I want to know how there are several people on this site who know the rules (ie 78a)... yet a professional officiating crew can't seem to get it.

Guest bullocks

The NHL does not suck, the refs did not suck in this game, we had a bad bounce go our way, that is all. So what if Niedermayer pushed Hasek in the goal and the goal counted, the goal was counted and there is nothing anyone can do about it except whine and ***** to the refs/NHL/Bettman about how that 3rd Ducks goal should not have counted. The Wings had plenty of opportunites to put the game away and they didn't. Wings were outplayed in every area of the game except special teams, mainly 5-on-5 and this really showed in OT. It is time to regroup and practice harder heading into Game 3 Tuesday.

right after we scored to go up 3-2, on the 2nd PP...we hit the post..could have been the nail in the coffin :(

right after we scored to go up 3-2, on the 2nd PP...we hit the post..could have been the nail in the coffin :(

It coulda, woulda, shoulda been the nail in the coffin but it hit the post, not the back of the net ;) . The so called "lucky bounces" didn't go our way in this game like they did in Game 1. We will see how the bounces go in games 3 and 4, with a new sheet of ice and a hostile crowd, I am confident that the Wings will bounce back in Game 3.

It wasn't a goal that's for sure but the Ducks played a great game against us and for the most part were the better team 5-on-5 though not by a long shot. However, Wings dominated special teams of course. Really this game was like the last, a coin-flip in either direction to declare a winner. It's going to be a great series and I feel what is going to make or break this series as a whole is whether the Wings figure out the Ducks or not, much like the San Jose series. Plays like this are one in a million, I wouldn't be so discouraged as to say it'll mean anything in the long haul

Yes it was a very good game between them, yes the Toronto Refs did not put there glasses on for that call, Overall I think we lost the puck in our zone a little to much, which they got a goal for it, I'm glad to see lang's and calders minutes down hopefully that will wake them up a little and work and skate hard everytime they can get ice time and do better for us instead give them the puck on a silver platter. Go wings get them in their areana.

Guest bullocks

your right...we did get the bounces in game 1...and they got the bounces i guess tonight...it should be tied up 1-1. i dont think neither team deserves to be up 2-0. saying that, if we dont get game 3...im not going to like out chances.

your right...we did get the bounces in game 1...and they got the bounces i guess tonight...it should be tied up 1-1. i dont think neither team deserves to be up 2-0. saying that, if we dont get game 3...im not going to like out chances.

Why? We were down 2-1 to the "ALL MIGHTY AND YOUNG SHARKS" team and we won that series 4-2. I will not be worried if the Wings lose Game 3 or even 4 for that matter. We are a very talented hockey club with so much heart and determination to win the cup it makes me want to play with those guys :sly: . I am a Red Wings fan till I die, I will support them even if we were down 3-0 in a series, I will still be %100 behind my Wings to win it all.

Guest bullocks

Why? We were down 2-1 to the "ALL MIGHTY AND YOUNG SHARKS" team and we won that series 4-2. I will not be worried if the Wings lose Game 3 or even 4 for that matter. We are a very talented hockey club with so much heart and determination to win the cup it makes me want to play with those guys :sly: . I am a Red Wings fan till I die, I will support them even if we were down 3-0 in a series, I will still be %100 behind my Wings to win it all.

oh i'll be behind them 100%. but being down 3-1 in a series against anaheim..doesnt look too good. lol

Guest jaytan

Look, both of those Mighty Ducks goals were legitamite. If you want to blame anyone, blame Hasek for letting them in. I'm pissed, but I won'r make excuses.

Let's just beat these jokers at Disneyland!

Im actually very excited to see what TSN and Off the Record have to say about this. Should be interesting. Babcock and Carlyle too.

Here's what Carlyle had to say... "Both pucks were in the net. It's as simple as that," Carlyle said. "You're supposed to be rewarded when the puck goes in the net." So I guess the Wings teams can kick and throw pucks in to the net as well and it's legit huh? Am I the only one who missed this change of rules? :thumbdown:

The first goal was legit and plain as day, no complaints. The second one was awful .

It's one thing to be grateful that you caught such a big break, but it's another thing to actually believe that it was fair. I'm not one to complain about the officials, but that call made me sick. The NBA is notorious for making bad calls that decide or help decide games... but I didn't think I'd see it here.

Who knows what would have happened had it not been called a goal, but the fact is, it changed the momentum of the game. If the Wings don't end up winning this series, this call is going to be embedded in my mind for a long time.

It's a five game series now, let's at least go for a split and bring it back to the Joe and steal home ice back.

A bit discouraged now, but still confident.

Go Wings!

Guest bullocks

Look, both of those Mighty Ducks goals were legitamite. If you want to blame anyone, blame Hasek for letting them in. I'm pissed, but I won'r make excuses.

Let's just beat these jokers at Disneyland!

the 1st one was legit, the 2nd one...not so much...unless u can push the goalie into the net with ur stick..but hey, they cought a lucky break..i mean how the f*** does the puck jus come out of ur pad a bit like that so it can be seen lol

Guest toolz19

I just watched this several times and this was such an obvious no goal. Wings got robbed plain and simple. Like has been said, puck was clearly in the net but it was laying between his knee pad and was clearly not in the net untill he was pushed in. The rules clearly state any opposing player pushing a goaily into the net carrying the puck with him will NOT be a gaol.

I am emarrased for the officials and the review staff as per the rules was a very easy no goal call to make. Blowing a call that huge this time of year is a travisty. :battle:

But is doest matter now any way. Best of 5 now.........Wings in seven!!!!!