• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Roberto Who?

I said id be back

Rate this topic

well i just wanna say what a good exciting game it was...scoring chances left and right for both sides....keep ur heads up red wing fans no doubt u guys will be pushing the pace again in anaheim...bring on the hate messages lol....

well i just wanna say what a good exciting game it was...scoring chances left and right for both sides....keep ur heads up red wing fans no doubt u guys will be pushing the pace again in anaheim...bring on the hate messages lol....

we're going to try pushing your goalie into the net with the puck already stopped, and see if the refs give us the game breaking goal! :lol:

Wings periodically forget they have to play all 60 minutes of a game to win. Watch for them to recall that fact on Tuesday.

yeah it was a very exciting playoff game. the ducks were very impressive, especially Getzslaf, is he a rookie or someting? I have faith in the Wings as long as they play 60 minutes of hockey like they did vs. the Sharks. looking forward to game 3.

as far as that 3rd ducks goal. its a flaw in the system, im not making excuses, just saying its a flaw. the people upstairs cannot call that he was pushed in, only the ref can, and in all honestly , the refs were searching for the puck ( like they should have). its just an unlucky break for the wings.

Edited by datsyukiandeke

yeah it was a very exciting playoff game. the ducks were very impressive, especially Getzslaf, is he a rookie or someting? I have faith in the Wings as long as they play 60 minutes of hockey like they did vs. the Sharks. looking forward to game 3.

this is his 2nd season...hes gonna be one hell of a player in his years...once scotty retires thats the future captain i believe....

This year is so far boasting the best conference finals match ups I've seen in years. I'm excited to see how this one unfolds. However this could easily be a post in the GDT now couldn't it?

Anyways - what're the crowds like over there? (Pointing east actually)

I was wondering the same, I've heard from Duck fans it's a little underwhelming, some even said there's almost as many WIng fans as Ducks fans in the arena. I expect that to be hyperbolized but would be curious to here your take on it (Rpberto who, that is)

Edited by Vincanni

My queston:

What was Shick doing out there instead of blowing the whistle?

And how is when he blew the whistle not looked at?

Seems to me if replay can see it went in the net it should take into account when the whistle blew.

Seems to be pretty damn important.

Great game - disappointed the wings were on the short end of the stick, but did anyone expect anything other than 1-1 after tonight? Plus I liked how our effort improved as the game went on.

OK we're even - two fluky goals against for each team. No more of that sh*& please.

I expect two one goal games again in Anaheim - go Wings!

This year is so far boasting the best conference finals match ups I've seen in years. I'm excited to see how this one unfolds. However this could easily be a post in the GDT now couldn't it?

I was wondering the same, I've heard from Duck fans it's a little underwhelming, some even said there's almost as many WIng fans as Ducks fans in the arena. I expect that to be hyperbolized but would be curious to here your take on it (Rpberto who, that is)

i agree, these 2 series's r the best ive ever seen.exciting games..there will be probably 70 percent duck fans and 30 percent red wing fans at the honda center...i like to think of it that the red wings are the equivalent to the yankees fan wise...no matter where u play there will always be yankee fans..same goes with red wing fans...

My queston:

What was Shick doing out there instead of blowing the whistle?

And how is when he blew the whistle not looked at?

Seems to me if replay can see it went in the net it should take into account when the whistle blew.

Seems to be pretty damn important.

Well he definitely blew the whistle and watching the play it looked like he did it at about the same time the puck went in. Of course even if it was before hand no video evidence of it existed at the time of review therefore it cannot be considered irrefutable, the puck however did go into the net and that was refutable. Add that to the fact that the push in couldn't have been reviewed and well we just got hosed pretty badly. So in essence after review the only fair thing to do was call it a goal unfortunately for us. We more or less got screwed over by the system, not so much the ducks or the refs.

i agree, these 2 series's r the best ive ever seen.exciting games..there will be probably 70 percent duck fans and 30 percent red wing fans at the honda center...i like to think of it that the red wings are the equivalent to the yankees fan wise...no matter where u play there will always be yankee fans..same goes with red wing fans...

Wings fans are said to travel better then any other American team, of course that is limited to arena's in the states. The Calgary series was pretty brutal and our fan support drops off tremendously once you cross the border. Still I'm willing to bet we have more fans in Canada then any other US team.

Hey Good 'W' there Roberto Who?

We didn't hand that one away.

Anyways - what're the crowds like over there? (Pointing east actually)

It's hard to say what the fans will be like for game 3. I can guarantee that there will be threads started here that say "Anaheim fans suck!" or "It's so quiet there" because they think they know how the fans are based on the television feed. The fans have been pretty good this year and I expect nothing less.

I can guarantee that there will be empty seats at the start because it is starting at 6 which is a TERRIBLE start time for a game in Southern California. The fans will be loud at random times but it won't be a constant barrage of cheers and chants.

There will be fans waving orange towels instead of the traditional white and they will be into it. It should be fun to be there.

There will be a lot of Red Wings fans just because they seem to be everywhere but I am hoping that the Ducks fans drown them out.

Edited by hiuDUCKSfan

Great game - disappointed the wings were on the short end of the stick, but did anyone expect anything other than 1-1 after tonight? Plus I liked how our effort improved as the game went on.

OK we're even - two fluky goals against for each team. No more of that sh*& please.

I expect two one goal games again in Anaheim - go Wings!

i dont call the mcdonald goal flukey but yea were even anyways

Bottom line: If the Wings keep playing this way, they can kiss the series goodbye. True, the Ducks' third "goal" was a brutal call, but the Wings have to look at their own play and work from there. Mercilessly horrible 1st period, still way too much putzing around in the defensive zone, lots and lots of turnovers, consistently killing momentum with trips to the box -- it all needs to stop.

Let Hudler take Calder's place, and tell Bert he's sitting if he doesn't make an impact in Game 3.

by pushing the pace, maybe we should interpret that as, "pushing your goalie passed the crease for a goal"

The way i saw it he wacked hasek with his stick trying for a possible loose puck, view it as you want but i believe it was a goal

It's hard to say what the fans will be like for game 3. I can guarantee that there will be threads started here that say "Anaheim fans suck!" or "It's so quiet there" because they think they know how the fans are based on the television feed. The fans have been pretty good this year and I expect nothing less.

I can guarantee that there will be empty seats at the start because it is starting at 6 which is a TERRIBLE start time for a game in Southern California. The fans will be loud at random times but it won't be a constant barrage of cheers and chants.

There will be fans waving orange towels instead of the traditional white and they will be into it. It should be fun to be there.

There will be a lot of Red Wings fans just because they seem to be everywhere but I am hoping that the Ducks fans drown them out.

Well I have no doubt your arena will be loud. But yes, there are lots of Wings fans in SoCal. I wouldn't gripe about the start time - 6pm is not big deal - if you have WCF playoff tiks, you'll get there. I go to some Avs games and my tiks have been changed from 7 to 6 a few times for tv. I don't really care - the more the nhl can get on tv - the better.

Edited by RockyMountainWingGal

hasek was pushed in. the refs screwed up. this is as up for debate as the sky being blue and bush being an idiot.

if you're a total coward, by all means

the ducks fans with some balls and integrity, will admit this was bs. i wouldn't want to win like this.

I know Hasek was pushed in. I am in no way saying he wasn't. It was a joke. Of course I would have liked to have tied the game up on a beautiful one timer on a two on one so that there was NO debate.

So I guess that makes me a fan with balls and integrity.

Well I have no doubt your arena will be loud. But yes, there are lots of Wings fans in SoCal. I wouldn't gripe about the start time - 6pm is not big deal - if you have WCF playoff tiks, you'll get there. I go to some Avs games and my tiks have been changed from 7 to 6 a few times for tv. I don't really care - the more the nhl can get on tv - the better.

Just know that I am not alone in the anger over these early start times. It is tough for people down here to get to the arena on time because traffic is a nightmare from 4-6:30 in almost every direction. Luckily I live about 10 minutes away so it's not a big deal but for the people that live in LA or in South Orange County, it is a nightmare.

For a 6 o'clock game during the week....I would have to leave at like 4:00 to get there if I was going.

You said you'd be back? Who are you??

Just know that I am not alone in the anger over these early start times. It is tough for people down here to get to the arena on time because traffic is a nightmare from 4-6:30 in almost every direction. Luckily I live about 10 minutes away so it's not a big deal but for the people that live in LA or in South Orange County, it is a nightmare.

That's funny, I thought all the people from California moved to Colorado. That is the way it seems anyway

well i'll check you off. i'm still counting on one hand, though.

I think there are a lot of fans who want to believe that Rob just swiped at it and Dom's momentum carried him in, bt unfortunately I know that Rob's stick gave him a little help. Whether it was intentional or night, I don't know but I guess there's not a whole lot we can do about it now.

Bottom line: If the Wings keep playing this way, they can kiss the series goodbye. True, the Ducks' third "goal" was a brutal call, but the Wings have to look at their own play and work from there. Mercilessly horrible 1st period, still way too much putzing around in the defensive zone, lots and lots of turnovers, consistently killing momentum with trips to the box -- it all needs to stop.

Let Hudler take Calder's place, and tell Bert he's sitting if he doesn't make an impact in Game 3.

Aside from the first period, the Wings absolutely owned the rest of the game. BUT let's be honest here, the Wings AND Ducks have both not been on their 'A' games. Both got flukey goals. Wings in Game 1, and Ducks in Game 2. The series is tied. It's really not a big deal. The fact that the Wings aren't even playing their best and are still winning *Game 1* and VERY close to winning *Game 2* says a lot. I do agree in that they have to play a full 60 minutes, but I don't think they played as bad as you made it out to be.

As for Bert, he played perfectly fine today. He didn't score or assist, but he's still a nice prescence to have out there and he isn't costing the Wings at all. Benching him would be silly.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Aside from the first period, the Wings absolutely owned the rest of the game. BUT let's be honest here, the Wings AND Ducks have both not been on their 'A' games. Both got flukey goals. Wings in Game 1, and Ducks in Game 2. The series is tied. It's really not a big deal. The fact that the Wings aren't even playing their best and are still winning *Game 1* and VERY close to winning *Game 2* says a lot. I do agree in that they have to play a full 60 minutes, but I don't think they played as bad as you made it out to be.

As for Bert, he played perfectly fine today. He didn't score or assist, but he's still a nice prescence to have out there and he isn't costing the Wings at all. Benching him would be silly.

Yikes, I don't agree with some of this. We were standing around in OT, which led to the game-winner. There were lengthy stinits (aside from PK) in the 2nd and 3rd that we looked like crap. As for Bert, he has made nearly zero contribution, even the guy that's lazy and sucks looked stellar compared to Bert. I want SO BAD to like Bert and to be excited about his style of play, be he is just not doing it. Maybe he's still injured as well. But yeah, he should NOT be benched, he might turn it on. Also, here's to hoping no more fluky goals determine games like games one and two. And maybe the refs could make some good calls as well.