• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RoninJai

Tickets and NHL officiating...

Rate this topic

The reffing is just as bad for both sides. We've had some pretty pathetic calls against us throughout the season as well. It's just horrible reffing. I saw we KILL MAGOO!!!

Exactly.

Both sides have to deal with it.

Tying it into a problem with the ticket pricing is, beneath what I think Wings fans should stand for, at least what I stand for as a Wings fan.

You lose at witty comebacks.

:lol:

So you say....

It's not an excuse. I have already made my trip to Detroit to see the Wings back in January anyway. I guess being a true fan means doing the trip twice and putting up wtih incessant whining about refs and cheap players like Tootoo.... :huh:

That makes you a true fan? Do tell, I am curious to see your reasoning.

First off, STFU yourself.

Secondly, I'm waiting on my parents to call me back if they want to go. It really depends on them as to the number of tickets.

Don't you have some whining about a goal to do on another thread?

First off, I will follow your lead ;)

Hopefully your 'rents will get back in touch with you soon.... you only have until 9am on sunday. BUT that does clear up a ton for me... Now i see why the 4 hour trip is impossible for you ... you have to rely on your 'rents to get you to the game.... ahhh middle school life can be such trials and tribulations sometimes.

Me whinning about a goal? from last night? No, you have the wrong person.

Again if the PIstons can sell out while the Tigers weren't even in town, then the Red Wings should too. If the Wings can't get that for a playoff game, the NHL is truly screwed.

Since when are pistons selling out? I have been able to get ticket up until game time on ticketmaster each and every game...

Edited by OsGOD

That makes you a true fan? Do tell, I am curious to see your reasoning.

That seems to be the reasoning others are throwing at me. I was wondering myself. :huh:

First off, I will follow your lead ;)

Believe me this is the last post I'm going to make on this thread. Not worth the energy.... :zzz:

Hopefully your 'rents will get back in touch with you soon.... you only have until 9am on sunday.

Hopefully. I'd hate to be the only one making the trip. The 8 months pregnant wife isn't allowed to travel and the out of town brother backed out on me last night the bastid.... :angry:

Me whinning about a goal? from last night? No, you have the wrong person.

my mistake, you were one of the very few level-headed posters last night. My sincere apologies. :blush:

Since when are pistons selling out? I have been able to get ticket up until game time on ticketmaster each and every game...

According to si.com here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...tons/index.html

They received the attendance of: 22,076

According to Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Palace_of_Auburn_Hills

The basketball capacity is 22,076.

They've been at (and probably above given how things tend to work) the posted capacity for every game of the Bulls series so far. They were also doing the same thing for BOTH of the Magic games. Sorry for the long time to respond, I wanted to make sure, but I'd heard that the Pistons had sold out all of their home playoff games so far.

Paying those $$ are hard to justify regardless of the reffing.

It is crazy and insane, but it's what fanatics like me tend to do.....

Just look at the $1400 I just threw down to get Buckeye tickets this year :D

According to si.com here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...tons/index.html

They received the attendance of: 22,076

According to Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Palace_of_Auburn_Hills

The basketball capacity is 22,076.

They've been at (and probably above given how things tend to work) the posted capacity for every game of the Bulls series so far. They were also doing the same thing for BOTH of the Magic games. Sorry for the long time to respond, I wanted to make sure, but I'd heard that the Pistons had sold out all of their home playoff games so far.

odd... I just typed in 8 tickets and found them in ever price level. Maybe they do sell out, but I have always wondered about the fuzzy math the venues use... For the last game I had a group of 5 from my workers went to the box office night of and bought tickets.... not to mention TM has them listed in large quantities up until game time when TM closes.

Anyways, they probably do then if that is what the sites say.

odd... I just typed in 8 tickets and found them in ever price level. Maybe they do sell out, but I have always wondered about the fuzzy math the venues use... For the last game I had a group of 5 from my workers went to the box office night of and bought tickets.... not to mention TM has them listed in large quantities up until game time when TM closes.

Anyways, they probably do then if that is what the sites say.

Yeah....

My guess is that those available tickets end up at the venue office at gametime for walk-ups and stuff like that.

But we all know the NBA is above calling things a sell-out when they aren't right?? :P

Ok I lied, that wasn't my last post on this thread :D

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

The reffing is just as bad for both sides. We've had some pretty pathetic calls against us throughout the season as well. It's just horrible reffing.

Thats kind of the point I was trying to make, and it took a Ducks fan to get it. :P

It's not about bad reffing that "causes" my team to lose. I'm talking about bad reffing across the board, in every way, shape, and form. Yes, I do feel that the Wings get more than their fair share of BS calls, but I'm sure fans of other teams feel the same way. The problem is, it seems the reffing is getting much worse, much more inconsistant, and at a far greater pace lately than ever. Everyone of us can probably come up with a handful of extremely weak or just plain wrong calls that argueably could have changed the outcome of the game. Doesn't matter what team you root for. And it goes all the way to the top, starting in Toronto. There are a set of rules that this league supposed to governed by, and when you charge damn near $1000 for a night out for four, I damn well expect them to follow those rules. I want a fair game, thats all. Is that too much to ask? Apparently yes.

It is crazy and insane, but it's what fanatics like me tend to do.....

Just look at the $1400 I just threw down to get Buckeye tickets this year :D

If you have the $ to do so, fine...but for some people it's not in the cards.

I sincerely hope that $1400 is for more than 1 game...or that you had 14 tickets or something.

FTR, I'm a season ticket holder. I spend more on the Wings in a season than is humanly necessary (sold many games this season for financial reasons, but for the most part). It's a crime and a shame that I can't even afford to buy my tickets for the best part of the season because prices are so ridiculous (spending $1000 MORE in the post season for 16 games as opposed to 41)

It is crazy...the prices, and they GET AWAY WITH IT because people like you justify the amount that they spend. If anyone stands up against the prices you call them whiners. I'm happy that the place isn't selling out. People like Toronto fans need to put their money where there mouth is and NOT GO to the games. Leafs raised ticket prices this year and their team didn't even make the playoffs...what do you think the Wings will do, selling out or not? It's criminal.

But don't think you are a higher class of fan because you have the money to drop on a game. 1/2 of the Joe has the money to drop on a game, but comes in wearing suits and ties and drinking martinis and not sitting in their seats half the game. Illitch is outpricing the real fans and soon it'll all be corporate. That is the REAL problem with ticket prices, espeically in this economy.

If you have the $ to do so, fine...but for some people it's not in the cards.

I sincerely hope that $1400 is for more than 1 game...or that you had 14 tickets or something.

FTR, I'm a season ticket holder. I spend more on the Wings in a season than is humanly necessary (sold many games this season for financial reasons, but for the most part). It's a crime and a shame that I can't even afford to buy my tickets for the best part of the season because prices are so ridiculous (spending $1000 MORE in the post season for 16 games as opposed to 41)

It is crazy...the prices, and they GET AWAY WITH IT because people like you justify the amount that they spend. If anyone stands up against the prices you call them whiners. I'm happy that the place isn't selling out. People like Toronto fans need to put their money where there mouth is and NOT GO to the games. Leafs raised ticket prices this year and their team didn't even make the playoffs...what do you think the Wings will do, selling out or not? It's criminal.

But don't think you are a higher class of fan because you have the money to drop on a game. 1/2 of the Joe has the money to drop on a game, but comes in wearing suits and ties and drinking martinis and not sitting in their seats half the game. Illitch is outpricing the real fans and soon it'll all be corporate. That is the REAL problem with ticket prices, espeically in this economy.

When someone ties it into the officiating, you're damned straight I'm calling them a whiner.

I understand financial difficulties. Been there, done that. I understand not wanting to go because you think they'll lose for whatever reason. Been there, done that in other sports. But justifying or at least attempting to justify not going because of cost is one thing, but throwing in the reffing (and a conspiracy theory to boot) is quite another.

as for the CFB, 7 games, 2 tickets each, all within the 30s and in the lower shoe on the home side (meaning actual seats and not just a bench). I just don't know the actual locations yet because they haven't told me.

When someone ties it into the officiating, you're damned straight I'm calling them a whiner.

But justifying or at least attempting to justify not going because of cost is one thing, but throwing in the reffing (and a conspiracy theory to boot) is quite another.

As the OP already explained or tried to at the very least... They weren't upset that the reffs may have caused the wings to lose... They were upset the way the entire NHL is ref'd. It is becoming more and more prevelant that the refs are dictating the outcomes of the games, not the actual skilled hockey played by the players themselves.

To me Hockey Ref's are becoming to much of an overpowering force in the outcome of the games. I paid money to see the players play and to be entertained for 2-1/2 hours... when the refs slaughter the game by making phantom calls (they are professionals also and these are supposedly the BEST of the BEST out there right now) for both sides it really takes the enjoyment out of watching the games.... It's sad when after a penalty is called you know deep down that there WILL BE a "makeup call(s)" going the other way...no matter if it is deserved or not. The professional refs are doing a s***ty job and they are sucking the enjoyment right of the game.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest jaytan

I'm starting to get pretty sick of hearing all this crap about the empty seats. Hell, I'm as big of a Wings fan as anyone I've ever met, and if I lived in Detroit right now, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be at any more than one game at the most. I couldn't afford it!

We support our team, but there's a limit on how much you can do and still be able to get by. If $150+ for a ticket is out of your budget, just tune in on TV and cheer as hard as you can!

We're lucky to have had a contender for the last 15 years (I'm sure a lot of you still remember the years in the cellar), and that's not going to last forever. But we're still on top now, and I challenge anyone to find me another American-based team with a better fanbase, sell outs or not.

Edited by jaytan

Fuggit......I know some of you are sick of me, and surely sick of hearing this:

Remember the "Entertainment Book"? About a 3" thick book of coupons sold to raise funds right? Silver and black in color.

My dad used to take me to the Joe when it first opened. $11/seat.....but the coupon got us a bogo. (Buy-one-get-one)

11 bucks.....me and my dad. NOT $450. And we would march our asses down to some really good empty seats 1/2 way through the first too.

I'm 'old'....but not really that old. Talking about the late 70's.......early 80s here.

11 dollars.

I understand this thread-starters pain.

$11 USD for 2.

'edit

Also - dad taught me to purchase the peanuts from the guy outside......WAY cheaper....and better too damnit! That guys got a living to make!

'end edit

Edited by DaKineMaui

It's sad when after a penalty is called you know deep down that there WILL BE a "makeup call(s)" going the other way...no matter if it is deserved or not. The professional refs are doing a s***ty job and they are sucking the enjoyment right of the game.

That's the funniest and saddest crap about it all. Even if you don't know that there will be... you know a make-up call when you see one for sure though, without much of a doubt. They're easy as hell to tell and come more often than they ever should. Mick calls them out fairly often on FSN too.

It's such bulls***, they need to talk to these guys and tell them to quit screwing around on the job. Yeah, sure, the occasional make-up once every four or five games I get... but come the f*** on already. This is past the saturation point, past the oversaturation point, it's just flowing right out.

/rant over :P

Fuggit......I know some of you are sick of me, and surely sick of hearing this:

Remember the "Entertainment Book"? About a 3" thick book of coupons sold to raise funds right? Silver and black in color.

My dad used to take me to the Joe when it first opened. $11/seat.....but the coupon got us a bogo. (Buy-one-get-one)

11 bucks.....me and my dad. NOT $450. And we would march our asses down to some really good empty seats 1/2 way through the first too.

I'm 'old'....but not really that old. Talking about the late 70's.......early 80s here.

11 dollars.

I understand this thread-starters pain.

$11 USD for 2.

'edit

Also - dad taught me to purchase the peanuts from the guy outside......WAY cheaper....and better too damnit! That guys got a living to make!

'end edit

Hell yeah! Those were the days... That was the 3rd best day of the year.... The day we got the entertainment book and sat down and filled out the backs of coupons with our game choices and such. The 2nd best day was getting our fullfilled order in the mail... and the best day ever was using those tickets to go to the joe to see the game. My have times changed.

Entertainment book coupons suck now.

But the good news is...Lilja sig is back!

On reading this I immediately beelined for your sig area, as if thinking Lilja made it somehow into the Playoff Heroes list... and then I was like aw damn nmnmnm

Hell yeah! Those were the days... My have times changed.

I'm starting to think you and Offsides are older than either of you tell the world. Our secret though Os, no one needs to know.

So far the overall calls in the playoffs are ridiculous. Either call the bullcrap stick calls or don't call them at all. Apply the rules consistently. Roughing is not a little shove to the head.

According to the OFFICIAL NHL Rulebook:

Roughing is a punching motion with the hand or fist, with or without the glove on the hand, normally directed at the head or face of an opponent.

Lilja was not roughing in the last game when they called it. his arm was up, but it was NOT a punching motion. A punching motion was more like when McDonald was on top of Hasek in Game one throwing his fist at Hasek's face and instead Lebda got called for something. Or how about roughing in the case of Phaneuf (i think it was anyways) Punching Lebda in the face and then Lebda gets a clipping penalty. The refs need to re-read through their rulebook and start calling penalties when there are penalties and stop calling them when there are no penalties. I would rather see a strict enforcement of the rules and have them applied equally than what is going on here in the playoffs so far...

On reading this I immediately beelined for your sig area, as if thinking Lilja made it somehow into the Playoff Heroes list... and then I was like aw damn nmnmnm

I'm starting to think you and Offsides are older than either of you tell the world. Our secret though Os, no one needs to know.

I can't deluldge a ladies age... However, I can assure you... no secrets on my end :lol: I started getting into hockey and watching it about 23 years ago.

Edited by OsGOD