• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Kyle Calder Has a Broken Hand

Rate this topic

... I can't believe I'm still reading "Why isn't Calder playing well?" and "I'm not sure why Calder isn't getting much ice time" and "Calder just looks terrible". Do you idiots not read?

KYLE CALDER HAS A BROKEN HAND

... I can't believe I'm still reading "Why isn't Calder playing well?" and "I'm not sure why Calder isn't getting much ice time" and "Calder just looks terrible". Do you idiots not read?

I know i've seen you mention it at least 3-4 times already, lol.

So has Teemu Selänne.

And so what? He is invisible just like Calder. The only difference is that due to his "star" status he is still being played major minutes. And that is good for us.

Edit: grammer

Edited by RusDRW

He hasn't been effective at all...which makes me wonder why they haven't started someone in his place. I mean if you can't play 100% or at a level that is close, you should be on the bench.

What is the source of your info?

If he has a broken hand why wouldn't they dress Hudler instead? He has played very well in the playoffs when he gets his chances. So why wouldn't they dress him over Calder with a broken hand?

What is the source of your info?

If he has a broken hand why wouldn't they dress Hudler instead? He has played very well in the playoffs when he gets his chances. So why wouldn't they dress him over Calder with a broken hand?

Don't forget that Detroit did the same thing with Lang a few years ago...

I've always thought the best way to win is to put forth your best possible players to play their best each and every night. If that is the case... Sit Calder until he can be his best and play another player who is healthy and ready to go. Guess that is why I am not the coach... I wouldn't play calder with a broken hand UNLESS he was directly leading to goals each and every night.

Edited by OsGOD

So has Teemu Selänne.

Given that you're from Finland you might know something we Americans don't but he didn't have a good series with Vancouver...unlucky more than anything with hitting the crossbar instead of the net. It's also a well known fact that Selanne plays better at home than away.

At this point it's better to scratch Calder and play Hudler. There's not much sense in shortening your bench and Hudler has shown he can make the most of the minutes he *does* get.

The playoffs are a different animal, sure, but I don't see where Calder's helping the team at all at this point.

At this point it's better to scratch Calder and play Hudler. There's not much sense in shortening your bench and Hudler has shown he can make the most of the minutes he *does* get.

The playoffs are a different animal, sure, but I don't see where Calder's helping the team at all at this point.

sorry just had to QFT :thumbup:

Let is go babs.. let your hatred of Huddles go!

Healthy Calder at the end of the season... Excellent for us

Broken Calder in the playoffs.. nothing but a gimp out there... not sayings its his fault... its Bab's fault for dressing him every night.

Edited by OsGOD

Huddles should play if someone is injured and it is hurting their game.

You know, I think Huds got sat because of the Sharks series. He was getting manhandled. But the thing was most of the time it SHOULD have been a penalty, but we never get the calls.

It was really, really frustrating to see him get good scoring chances and getting drug down to the ice EVERY TIME. Bad reffing has really hurt Hudler's game.

Still, he should get another chance. I dunno. I feel bad because I think this bad hand situation is going to hurt Calder's chances of being signed, and the fact that Bert isn't 100% will hurt his chances. I hope not..I'd like to see both as Wings next season.

Given that you're from Finland you might know something we Americans don't but he didn't have a good series with Vancouver...unlucky more than anything with hitting the crossbar instead of the net. It's also a well known fact that Selanne plays better at home than away.

Some of my friend noticed during last game that Teemu has somekind of taping in his finger and he hasn't been shooting a lot, like he always do. He is just passing and findin a spot to pass right now. Very untypical style to play for him. So we are suggesting that something is wrong, just like Calder.

It's maybe not a big thing, but it's affecting to his play.

I really don't understand why he's playing with a broken hand, unless it is a minor crack or something. I can understand if it was Lidstrom or Zetterberg and you want to play regardless and do what you can, but if Calder is not healthy, simply replace him with someone who is.

he played under 4 minutes last night,overtime included .........injury or not hes useless theres no point dressing him up, if babcock doesnt wanna plau hudler cause hes smaller at least bring in kopecky whos fresh and can hit and play some decent minutes .........and why only play quincey for 4 minutes and 14 seconds ????? i thought he hs been playing real well , this just tires out the other defensemen on the team , we keep doin this theyll get real tired by the end of the series , play quincey and kopecky!!

A broken hand would explain his lowly stats/invisible play, but not why he is taking up a roster spot. I am not bashing him, but questioning why he is in the lineup if he is hurt and unable to contribute. He has been invisible. If he were healthy I'm sure it would be different, BUT:

Playoff Stats

Season ..... GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct

2006-2007 13 0 1 1 1 8 0 0 0 13 0.0

Last 5 Games

Game....................... Shft TOI

May 13, 2007 vs. ANA 6 3:56

May 11, 2007 vs. ANA 7 4:01

May 7, 2007 vs. SJS... 8 4:46

May 5, 2007 vs. SJS... 10 7:31

May 2, 2007 vs. SJS... 8 3:42

Even though the Sharks bullied him around, I'd like to think Hudler could do a little more....

Really you have to step away and ask yourself.... What on earth is Calder bringing to the team right now? As I see it absolutely nothing. If you blink you will miss his ice time out there... In fact I am guilty of asking if Calder was even dressed for last nights game. From a stand point of Winning, playing him hurt and for such few minutes at that, is just well dumb.

Edited by OsGOD

Do you have any source on this? I haven't seen anything yet that says that he has a broken hand except on here.

Do you have any source on this? I haven't seen anything yet that says that he has a broken hand except on here.

I was wondering the same thing. I think it's trying to be optimistic (if that word even applies in this case) that the reason he is playing so few minutes and not producing is all because of an injury. However, either way you slice it... babs is being a dumbass. Either he is hurt and you bench him for healthy player or his is fine and you give him some freakin' ice time to produce... Unfortuantly, babs is doing the exact opposite in either case.

I honestly haven't seen any reports, but in the playoffs you seldom do.

If Hudler is played, he should only see icetime on the PP or when there's a faceoff in Anaheim's zone. The last game Hudler played was his worst, he was tossed around by San Jose and it would only be more brutal against Anaheim.

I know he plays with a lot of heart and does his best to drive to the net. But 5'8 160 isn't going to make as much of a difference as we need. The whole problem so far has been 5 on 5 and there's been a lot more things that need to get worked out than Hudler coming in for Calder. I like Hudler, but I don't think it would make much if any difference.

If Hudler is played, he should only see icetime on the PP or when there's a faceoff in Anaheim's zone. The last game Hudler played was his worst, he was tossed around by San Jose and it would only be more brutal against Anaheim.

I know he plays with a lot of heart and does his best to drive to the net. But 5'8 160 isn't going to make as much of a difference as we need. The whole problem so far has been 5 on 5 and there's been a lot more things that need to get worked out than Hudler coming in for Calder. I like Hudler, but I don't think it would make much if any difference.

Well then call up someone else... Isn't that the point...we are ASSUMING Huddles would be ineffective out there against the Ducks but we KNOW Calder is ineffective out there against the Ducks. It would only make sense to replace the ineffective injured player with a healthy player.... Then if the healthy player is ineffective, re-evaluate both players contributions and bench accordingly.