• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Kyle Calder Has a Broken Hand

Rate this topic

Well then call up someone else... Isn't that the point...we are ASSUMING Huddles would be ineffective out there against the Ducks but we KNOW Calder is ineffective out there against the Ducks. It would only make sense to replace the ineffective injured player with a healthy player.... Then if the healthy player is ineffective, re-evaluate both players contributions and bench accordingly.

It's just my opinion that 4 mins either way isn't going to make much of a difference. We need a lot more other players to be effective before Calder not doing anything should hit center stage. But I understand it's more than right now, it's been a season long headache for some poeple.

Edited by Heaton

Hudler's made more of 8 minutes a game (as has Flip) than a lot who've played 20 mins/per.

He wasn't ever HORRIBLE, he was getting bounced, yes, but most of that stuff should have been called.

There is no proof Calder has a broken hand.

And I've been on the Kopecky train for a while now. He can't do any worse than Calder has...and he's got size and can't throw his weight around.

Guest MrSandMan

Not sure if this issue had been brought up, but with Calder injured and playing limited ice time.... is there someone that we can bring up and relieve Calder? Someone who wouldn't be a defensive risk, play solid and physical. They don't even need to score, just be depth with spark.

Any suggestions? Bootland... No seriously, Bootland?

Guest MrSandMan

We have Hudler, Kopecky, and Ellis that could replace him

Isn't Kpecky suffering from an injury? Ellis > Hudler. I'm not going to bash Hudler, but his size concerns me at NHL level. He needs to learn how to play bigger than he is.

Guest bullocks

I think CBC is the one that said Calder had a broken hand a while back, but didn't they also mention Samuelsson had a broken hand as well?

no way samuelson does...hes been playing nice

calder's been jerkin himself off to much :lol:

There were reports that BOTH Calder and Samuelsson have broken hands (I remember reading an article mentioning it, no link though).. Maybe Samuelsson has recovered (or simply is on dope :P) and Calder hasn't yet?

Guest MrSandMan

Hudler time. Calder hasn't done squat.

I know I may get flammed for this, but what about Elias or Bootland? Kopecky if he's healthy?

Guest bullocks

I know I may get flammed for this, but what about Elias or Bootland? Kopecky if he's healthy?

kopencky has been healthy since april 25th...they just arnt playing him.

I would like to see either Kopecky or Ellis take his place... Kopecky because he has size, some physical play, and I'm sure he's eager to get back in the line up. Ellis because he has size, is very strong along the boards (where a lot of this series is being played) and was the only reason the Griffin's series went to 7 games. (7 points in 7 games, a hat-trick, a shorthanded OT winner)

Theres no way they'll play Kopecky after missing the entire season save for the first month. Hes too rusty to jump into the conference finals. Hudler has heart, but that isn't our weakness in this series, and unfortunately, I don't think he can be much of an improvement over Calder, although it may be worth a shot. Hes a small guy and I'm worried for his future when he plays in this kind of game. I feel the same way about Ellis as I do Quincy. He's a good backup in the occasion that someone gets hurt, but hes just that: a backup. I don't think he's qualified to play full-time playoff hockey just yet.

As for Calder, I really think Babs needs to call him out and directly demand a strong game from him. We all know that he's capable of driving the net with the best of them, and he thrives in the corners, and if we can keep the puck in their zone for an extra 5 seconds longer, that may be the difference in this series.

Also: are there any sources that says he has a broken hand besides some far fetched allegations from a media outlet whose job it is to keep ratings as high as possible?

Hudler time. Calder hasn't done squat.

Because he has a BROKEN HAND.

I am sorry, but this is just all really pissing me off *The fact that he gets ragged on when it's clear he's hurt.* It seems to me that Babs is going to stick with Kyle from here on out, and I don't blame him. WHY? Cause you better all believe the KC of the regular season is going to break out and take it to the Sharks. Ya'll just watch. Broken hand and all, he's going to say screw the pain, I got a game to play!

I love Huds and I think he should play too, but I REALLY, truly believe he would be completely man handled out there. He wouldn't even be able to get into the neutral zone without being hammered. I'd seriously fear for little Jiri, but I'd love to see him play!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

You guys are all so stupid. Kopecky as an actual replacement? Bootland? Are you ******* kidding me?

In case you haven't seen or heard, Kopecky sucks ass. Bootland is purely a one-dimensional enforcer, Matt Ellis didn't do anything when he was up here either. Now, I don't mind the Hudler suggestions, as maybe he might help more than Calder, but some of you actually suggest Kopecky be in the lineup? Is that some kind of joke?

Kopecky sucks. I guess me and Crymson are the only two people on this board who realize it too. One goal in 26 games, and he's not that physical either. He sure as hell didn't stand out to me.

Guest MrSandMan

You guys are all so stupid. Kopecky as an actual replacement? Bootland? Are you ******* kidding me?

In case you haven't seen or heard, Kopecky sucks ass. Bootland is purely a one-dimensional enforcer, Matt Ellis didn't do anything when he was up here either. Now, I don't mind the Hudler suggestions, as maybe he might help more than Calder, but some of you actually suggest Kopecky be in the lineup? Is that some kind of joke?

Kopecky sucks. I guess me and Crymson are the only two people on this board who realize it too. One goal in 26 games, and he's not that physical either. He sure as hell didn't stand out to me.

I'm just seducing the options as Calder should get a break.

Guest bullocks

i say plug hudler in for a game...see how it works out..next game preferably..we can afford to lose game 3 aslong as we win game 4. why not try it out...calder isnt doing anything, broken hand or not.

... I can't believe I'm still reading "Why isn't Calder playing well?" and "I'm not sure why Calder isn't getting much ice time" and "Calder just looks terrible". Do you idiots not read?

KYLE CALDER HAS A BROKEN HAND

Now, I'm not saying I think you're full of ****... but without a source, I think you're full of ****.

I'm just seducing the options as Calder should get a break.

Dude... what you do with the options on your own time is your own business. Keep it to yourself.

Guest MrSandMan

Does anyone know why Calder isn't playing well? I just don't get it.

;)

:hehe: