• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Pronger: "They can't handle us 5-on-5..."

Rate this topic

Greg Brady from WDFN mentioned this morning that he overhead Pronger saying this in the shower after Game 2. (Don't ask me how he heard him :lol:).

"They can't handle us 5-on-5... They better be ready for us Tuesday."

Just throwing that out there for digestion... (Not that what he's saying hasn't been true to this point, really.)

Pronger's right, we can't handle them 5-on-5, but we sure handled them shorthanded! :D

In all truth, I don't feel the Wings have come close to peeking on their 5-on-5 play this series. When they do, they should be in great shape. Pronger's saying the Wings can't handle them 5-on-5........I say when our boys play up to their ability 5-on-5, Anaheim's in trouble.

As I stated before the series started.......Wings in 6.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Absolutely true. Thank god for Hasek or this series could be embarassing.

I concour.....this is a good Ducks team, and they look better than the Wing's through 2-games. Now who should know better than Wing's fans, that the best team does not always wint he series? Should be a good one in Game 3, but we will have to come out very intense.

Since the quote isn't confirmed who knows what Pronger said. Anyways - yeh I take sooooooooo much stock in what ***** Pronger says. :lol: Yeh.

It's getting old, but Detroit, as NFM said above as well, hasn't even played up to speed yet. You want lucky? Anaheim hasn't seen Detroit's A-game yet, and they barely won yesterday. Throw in a non-goal that counted ... yeah, Wing fans got tons to worry about today. Pul-leeze!

Go WINGS!!

Since the quote isn't confirmed who knows what Pronger said. Anyways - yeh I take sooooooooo much stock in what ***** Pronger says. :lol: Yeh.

It's getting old, but Detroit, as NFM said above as well, hasn't even played up to speed yet. You want lucky? Anaheim hasn't seen Detroit's A-game yet, and they barely won yesterday. Throw in a non-goal that counted ... yeah, Wing fans got tons to worry about today. Pul-leeze!

Go WINGS!!

I keep reading about Detroits "A" game. If they havent played it IN 2 WCF games AT HOME, when the F are they going to play it? Maybe you dont give enough credit for the Ducks taking the game from them. Maybe youve seen their A game vs the Ducks? Many teams and their fans have waited for that "A" game but in REALITY, the Ducks take teams "A" games from them. 6 shots per period. 19 shots in the entire game. If not for Francois Beauchemin putting 2 goals past Jiggy, you wouldve lost both games at home. I havent watched any Detroit games this season outside the ones they played the Ducks but if they cant get up to play their "A" game AT HOME in the first 2 WCF games, what do you expect in games 3 and 4 in Anaheim? YOU WILL GET OUR A GAME.

Ive also saw a bunch of people excited because you beat the Sharks. We owned the Sharks all season. I wasnt remotely worried about the Sharks. In years past, pre Pronger, Thorton and CheeChoo ran rough shod over the Ducks and Cheech would net 20 goals a season vs the Ducks alone. Different game with the man Pronger on the ice and we beat the Sharks 3-1, 5-0, 7-4, 4-3, and 3-2. You can see the lopsided scoring there no? Take pride in coming back and beating a "younger, stronger" team in the Sharks but they are FAR from the same team thats in your face now. Reality check.

And who's this clown sneaking around in the showers. Perv should be banned from the locker room. Lets the guys s***, shower, and shave, and then get your interviews. IF and that is a big IF Pronger said anything like that, it's not a lie. They have been shut down 5 on 5.

... If not for Francois Beauchemin putting 2 goals past Jiggy, you wouldve lost both games at home...

Let's not play the inane "if" game here... I could just as easily say that "if Moen's goal didn't count" or "if Datsyuk's shot doesn't go wide" or "if Franzen gets his rebound chance 6 inches higher" the *Ducks* could be staring at an 0-2 series hole.

So call a spade a spade -- this series is ridiculously close and that either club could say they had a legit shot at having a 2-0 lead.

Let's not play the inane "if" game here... I could just as easily say that "if Moen's goal didn't count" or "if Datsyuk's shot doesn't go wide" or "if Franzen gets his rebound chance 6 inches higher" the *Ducks* could be staring at an 0-2 series hole.

So call a spade a spade -- this series is ridiculously close and that either club could say they had a legit shot at having a 2-0 lead.

I totally agree, I hate the "if" game. If the Moen goal didn't count, the game wouldn't have ended right there with a 3-2 win for Detroit, there was still 15 minutes to play, so who knows what would have happened.

What "if" Lemieux was healthy his whole career. Can't stand those discussions.

Guest MrSandMan

Not to go off topic, but the Sharks were better than the Ducks. Sharks shut us down in Game 1 and damn near handed our asses to us in game two.

Ducks hardly shut us down. Sharks were a more dangerous and better team than the Ducks. My confidence was down by the end of game 3, yet the Wings kept pounding and never let up.

Last night game (game 2) Detroit was just pounding. We play better when we're trailing. We play with more urgency.

As far as Pronger, he's about as classless as their fans. Lidstrom is teaching him who the better Defenceman is. Take notes Pronger.......

Personally, I think the Wings are showing signs of fatigue. Those last 2 series were against good teams, unlike what the teams the Ducks had to play.

Wings can't play 5 on 5 with the Ducks, based on the 2 games I have seen.

I hope they can steal one on the west coast.

Different game with the man Pronger on the ice and we beat the Sharks 3-1, 5-0, 7-4, 4-3, and 3-2. You can see the lopsided scoring there no? Take pride in coming back and beating a "younger, stronger" team in the Sharks but they are FAR from the same team thats in your face now. Reality check.
the only lopsided score i see is the 5-0 one. the rest are pretty close besides the 7-4 really.

Frankly, the Red Wings weren't all that impressive in the first three games of the San Jose series, either... and we know how that turned out.

It's a long series, let's not make final assumptions on whether or not the Red Wings can "handle 'X' 5-on-5" after just two games.

Guest MrSandMan

Wings have not played 5 on 5 with the Ducks for the first 30 minutes

Fixed :thumbup:

We'll get it together and blast them. :siren:

Ive also saw a bunch of people excited because you beat the Sharks. We owned the Sharks all season. I wasnt remotely worried about the Sharks. In years past, pre Pronger, Thorton and CheeChoo ran rough shod over the Ducks and Cheech would net 20 goals a season vs the Ducks alone. Different game with the man Pronger on the ice and we beat the Sharks 3-1, 5-0, 7-4, 4-3, and 3-2. You can see the lopsided scoring there no? Take pride in coming back and beating a "younger, stronger" team in the Sharks but they are FAR from the same team thats in your face now. Reality check.

A "reality check" would require you to put away your regular season perceptions -- but it seems you only do that when it can be twisted to support your argument.

Hell, if we based everything off the regular season, the Ducks would be playing San Jose right now because we would've gotten *****-slapped in Round 2 and the Sharks' power play would be clicking along at 62%.... Right?

the only lopsided score i see is the 5-0 one. the rest are pretty close besides the 7-4 really.

Outscored 22-10.

Oh, and I added the IF because someone else was iffing it up about Bertuzzi. I dont believe in if's, just stating the fact the Wings have yet to score on a 5 on 5 and Beauchemin has put in 2 of the 5 goals scored.

Okay, we can't handle them 5 on 5, but we can dominate their powerplay... What a goof. If they're so good 5 on 5, they should be scoring powerplay goals left and right. 0%? I think so.

Guest MrSandMan

Outscored 22-10.

Oh, and I added the IF because someone else was iffing it up about Bertuzzi. I dont believe in if's, just stating the fact the Wings have yet to score on a 5 on 5 and Beauchemin has put in 2 of the 5 goals scored.

ut oh! I see another argument about "fair" goals coming.

If, If, If, blah... blah... blah...

The facts are this series is tied 1-1. Tight games for 1 and 2. Either game could have gone Either way... BOTH teams are lucky that this is not a lopsided 2-0 Series.

Outscored 22-10.

Nice cover...

I can't disagree that the Wings have not played their "A" game yet. I think they need time to adjust to the style of play that the Ducks are bringing.

Last night's game was so close that it was anybody's game. No matter how down the Wings ever got in the score through the entire playoffs thie year, they always fought back and won. I'm sure the will step up in

Game 3!

GO WINGS!!!!!

ut oh! I see another argument about "fair" goals coming.

If, If, If, blah... blah... blah...

The facts are this series is tied 1-1. Tight games for 1 and 2. Either game could have gone Either way... BOTH teams are lucky that this is not a lopsided 2-0 Series.

Im not going to complain about "fair goals." Hasek has a really cool style of flopping around flailing arms, legs, and throwing sticks. When he doesnt do that he lays on his back doing snow angels (even the NHL frozen moment caught one of his better angels). People want to crack on Pronger, use injuries, talk about how they havent brought their "a" game, Im just telling the truth.