• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Pronger: "They can't handle us 5-on-5..."

Rate this topic

Let's not play the inane "if" game here... I could just as easily say that "if Moen's goal didn't count" or "if Datsyuk's shot doesn't go wide" or "if Franzen gets his rebound chance 6 inches higher" the *Ducks* could be staring at an 0-2 series hole.

So call a spade a spade -- this series is ridiculously close and that either club could say they had a legit shot at having a 2-0 lead.

Matt you seem like a real level headed guy and have a read on this series similar to mine. I think its been far too close for comfort. Detroit has been more physical then i expected and their skill line and shut down line has really impressed me. Its been a ral dogfight for the ducks near the net and Hasek has looked great. Even yesterday he gave the ducks all they could handle and the red wings a shot in OT. That last goal by Niedermayer was just a great wrist shot that was perfectly placed or else they would still be playing. I'm looking forward to the remaining games,this is turning into a great series.

Pronger (the giraffe on skates) will forever be a joke to me, after he tried his best to take out Stevie Y in 2002 playoffs, and wound up wrecking his own knee, done for the series. Poetic justice at its best!!!

Perhaps his over-active mouth will trip him up as well. The Wings will prove him wrong, no doubt in my mind.

Go, Red Wings!!!

Im not going to complain about "fair goals." Hasek has a really cool style of flopping around flailing arms, legs, and throwing sticks. When he doesnt do that he lays on his back doing snow angels (even the NHL frozen moment caught one of his better angels). People want to crack on Pronger, use injuries, talk about how they havent brought their "a" game, Im just telling the truth.

Its funny how your "telling the truth" is a blast at the Red Wings. Gofigure.

That being said, ripping Hasek for his style is about as ignorant as you can get. When Giggy's career ends, if he's even close to what Dom has accomplished, than you can bash Hasek.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Pronger's right, we can't handle them 5-on-5.

Absolutely, we can't. I hope it's the fact that we were just drained but I believe it has a lot more to do with how Anaheim is playing us. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though.

Concerning Pronger, I'd love to have him on my team but he's not as good defensively as many think. He's still prone to mistakes and I've seen him get beat 1-on-1 several times in this series alone.

Now Neidermayer? He's worth the price of admission. He and Lidstrom are so close in comparison. I'd take either Neids or Lidstrom over Pronger 1000 times out of a 1000.

For us to beat the Ducks 5-on-5 we really need for Bertuzzi, Lang and Franzen to get going. We need those big bodies banging and using their size to win puck battles.

Guest MrSandMan

Im not going to complain about "fair goals." Hasek has a really cool style of flopping around flailing arms, legs, and throwing sticks. When he doesnt do that he lays on his back doing snow angels (even the NHL frozen moment caught one of his better angels). People want to crack on Pronger, use injuries, talk about how they havent brought their "a" game, Im just telling the truth.

I can't speak about the Ducks post season prior to the Wings, didn't watch them.

However, my observation in THIS series.

* Wings have not brought their "A" game, yet.

* Sharks had better shut down lines than the Ducks.

* It took 180 minutes for Wings to bring their game to the Sharks. Wings are showing spurts of their "A" game with the Ducks in just 90 minutes, thus far.

* AS soon as the Ducks let up, (and they will) that's when Wings will Bust out.

* Ducks are more gritty than the Sharks, maybe as gritty as the Flames.

* Wings are playing injured. Their determination overcomes this x infinity.

* Hasek is a better goalie than giggy.

... you get the idea. Oh, and Pronger is a goon.

And your comment about dominating the Sharks in regular season... Sharks dominated us, we dominated the Ducks. Those stats hold no prediction to the outcome of this series. So get off it.

I like it how after game one these Ducks fans were nowhere to be seen on this board for the most part...and then poof they win a game and they are all over the place like a s*** splatter talking all high and mighty again!!

Absolutely, we can't. I hope it's the fact that we were just drained but I believe it has a lot more to do with how Anaheim is playing us. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though.

I actually hope that it's more to do with how Anaheim are playing us. I think the coaching staff can adjust.

The Wings being drained is my only concern in this series. If Detroit have physically hit the wall, then they are in trouble.

Other than that though, I think that they will get to Giguere, and figure out a way to stretch Anaheim a bit. You could see the long pass starting to come in the 2nd period of game 2. All Detroit have to do (as they did with San Jose) is figure out a way to get the puck out of their end quickly, and score in transition.

I honestly think Game 2 is probably the best the Ducks can play, including Giguere, and they were very lcuky to win.

I agree with NFM25, Wings in 6.

I think it's too early in the series to tell what we can or cannot do. It took us three games and two periods to figure out the Sharks, then we handled them pretty well. Although the Ducks are a better team than San José, the difference is not so big as to say we're doomed to lose.

Concerning Pronger, I'd love to have him on my team but he's not as good defensively as many think. He's still prone to mistakes and I've seen him get beat 1-on-1 several times in this series alone.

Now Neidermayer? He's worth the price of admission. He and Lidstrom are so close in comparison. I'd take either Neids or Lidstrom over Pronger 1000 times out of a 1000.

For us to beat the Ducks 5-on-5 we really need for Bertuzzi, Lang and Franzen to get going. We need those big bodies banging and using their size to win puck battles.

Next time you quote me, bold the statement in my quote that you are referring to. When you cut out the rest of what I said in that post, you very much made my comments look like something they weren't.

Below is my quote in its entirety. Notice the difference, when you don't take out the remainder of the sentence:

Pronger's right, we can't handle them 5-on-5, but we sure handled them shorthanded! :D

In all truth, I don't feel the Wings have come close to peeking on their 5-on-5 play this series. When they do, they should be in great shape. Pronger's saying the Wings can't handle them 5-on-5........I say when our boys play up to their ability 5-on-5, Anaheim's in trouble.

As I stated before the series started.......Wings in 6.

Edit: Spelling

Sidenote: I also noticed that you manipulated my quote to have a period (.) at the end of my statement rather than a comma (,) to show the remainder of my post. Don't ever manipulate my posts like that again.

:thumbdown:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

im got some things i wanna get off my chest.

first of all, there is a difference between can't and haven't. watching the better part of the first two periods last nite was painful. we didnt have our legs, they were winning races to every puck without even trying...it was detroit as bad as i have ever seen them. but, it was a tied game after two, so wutever. the third period looked like the two best teams in the western conference going at it, and in my mindwe started to do to them wut they had done to us. they score a bulls*** goal where hasek gets pushed into the net, wutever, it happens. after that we get our chances, they get theirs, and they end up squeaking by us in a game that after the first two periods, we probly had no rite to be in anyways. i just thot that the third period showed that these two teams are incredibly well matched, and that its gonna take a few breaks to tp the scales either way.

second of all, to me it still seems clear that lidstrom is the better of the three norris candidates, although ill admit that niedermayers speed scares the living s*** out of me. pronger really hasnt seemed all that great until this point, i dont no.

thirdly, i have no doubt that we have the two best forward in this series as well. datsyuk and zetterberg have been incredible up until this point, adn i thot that zetterberg was the best forward on the ice in game two (clearly was kick ass too). i think our d is more capable of shutting down their big guns than their d is of shutting down ours, and i think that bodes well for us.

all in all, i think tht we can take comfort in the fact that while we have already seen everything that anaheim has to bring, detroit has only shown small glimpses, and when the bring the hole package, we could easily win a game.

oya, and i fukin hate the way that the media is bashing detroit because hasek has had to save our asses for the last couple of games...its funny, because when giguere carried anaheim on his back in 2003, or when kipper did it in 2004, i dont remember the same kind of criticism.

Next time you quote me, bold the statement in my quote that you are referring to. When you cut out the rest of what I said in that post, you very much made my comments look like something they weren't.

Below is my quote in its entirety. Notice the difference, when you don't take out the remainder of the sentence:

Sidenote: I also noticed that you manipulated my quote to have a period (.) at the end of my statement rather than a comma (,) to show the remainder of my post. Don't ever manipulate my posts like that again.

:thumbdown:

Wow. You really, really need to relax. I thought you were being serious about us not being able to handle them 5-on-5. Because in the first two games that's exactly what happened.

Chil bro.

Edited by Hank

Guest MrSandMan

im got some things i wanna get off my chest.

first of all, there is a difference between can't and haven't. watching the better part of the first two periods last nite was painful. we didnt have our legs, they were winning races to every puck without even trying...it was detroit as bad as i have ever seen them. but, it was a tied game after two, so wutever. the third period looked like the two best teams in the western conference going at it, and in my mindwe started to do to them wut they had done to us. they score a bulls*** goal where hasek gets pushed into the net, wutever, it happens. after that we get our chances, they get theirs, and they end up squeaking by us in a game that after the first two periods, we probly had no rite to be in anyways. i just thot that the third period showed that these two teams are incredibly well matched, and that its gonna take a few breaks to tp the scales either way.

second of all, to me it still seems clear that lidstrom is the better of the three norris candidates, although ill admit that niedermayers speed scares the living s*** out of me. pronger really hasnt seemed all that great until this point, i dont no.

thirdly, i have no doubt that we have the two best forward in this series as well. datsyuk and zetterberg have been incredible up until this point, adn i thot that zetterberg was the best forward on the ice in game two (clearly was kick ass too). i think our d is more capable of shutting down their big guns than their d is of shutting down ours, and i think that bodes well for us.

all in all, i think tht we can take comfort in the fact that while we have already seen everything that anaheim has to bring, detroit has only shown small glimpses, and when the bring the hole package, we could easily win a game.

oya, and i fukin hate the way that the media is bashing detroit because hasek has had to save our asses for the last couple of games...its funny, because when giguere carried anaheim on his back in 2003, or when kipper did it in 2004, i dont remember the same kind of criticism.

Well said and welcome to the boards :clap:

I agree. It's not only the media but Ducks fans seem to forget that we dominated them in 03 but they were saved by Giggy's pads. (Maybe a lot of those Ducks fans don't remember because several of them just got on the bandwagon this year).

Wow. You really, really need to relax. I thought you were being serious about us not being able to handle them 5-on-5. Because in the first two games that's exactly what happened.

Chil bro.

You manipulate what I post so it fits what you want to say, and I need to chill? Besides, don't lie and say that you thought I was being serious. If you had read the remainder of that sentence (which I'm sure you did, because you conveniently took out the comma and added a period) you would know what I was posting about.

The fact of the matter is, no one has the right to manipulate someones posts in to something they weren't. You did that, and I called you on it. What if I changed what you were saying? Is that fair?

I agree. It's not only the media but Ducks fans seem to forget that we dominated them in 03 but they were saved by Giggy's pads. (Maybe a lot of those Ducks fans don't remember because several of them just got on the bandwagon this year).

Man, again with the pads, get over it, they are and have always been legal. You dominated in 03 and were eliminated. We have dominated you this series and we are tied 1-1. You shouldnt speak for "a lot of Ducks fans" cause you dont know any of them. Maybe if you had more bandwagon fans in your area you could sell out a Western Conference Finals game????? Sad, all that tradition, success, history, and cant sell out a game.

You manipulate what I post so it fits what you want to say, and I need to chill? Besides, don't lie and say that you thought I was being serious. If you had read the remainder of that sentence (which I'm sure you did, because you conveniently took out the comma and added a period) you would know what I was posting about.

The fact of the matter is, no one has the right to manipulate someones posts in to something they weren't. You did that, and I called you on it. What if I changed what you were saying? Is that fair?

If you did, I wouldn't care. We're not solving world hunger here. We're discussing hockey.

I did a poor job of paraphrasing what you said and for that I apologize. And for the record I thought you were being serious with only adding on that we did play well shorthanded against them.

I'm sure this response will lead you to misquote something I said. Just make sure you did what I did and respond to it in a positive way the way I did. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I've faced things in my life, and currently do, that bordered on life and death. I'm not going to lose any sleep over someone misquoting me on a hockey message board.

Have a nice day and it won't happen again.

Yeah i dont think the cleary-draper-maltby line can handle the perry-getzlaf-penner line they're big and hungry as evident by thier constant pressure in our zone sure the cleary-draper-maltby line shut down sj's marleau line but marleau wasnt hungry as these guys are. to see draper try to shut down getzlaf looks pretty bad through 2 games

i'd like to see a cleary-franzen-bertuzzi line go up against that perry-getzlaf-penner line

Man, again with the pads, get over it, they are and have always been legal. You dominated in 03 and were eliminated. We have dominated you this series and we are tied 1-1. You shouldnt speak for "a lot of Ducks fans" cause you dont know any of them. Maybe if you had more bandwagon fans in your area you could sell out a Western Conference Finals game????? Sad, all that tradition, success, history, and cant sell out a game.

Sorry our economy doesn't centre around fake breasts and microchips. We're a blue collar town that's down on it's luck with many people having issues with shelling out hundreds of dollars for nose bleed seats.

And before you go off spouting about tradition come talk to me when you're team has done more than 28 consecutive sellouts. We were up to 452 before the playoffs started.

If you did, I wouldn't care. We're not solving world hunger here. We're discussing hockey.

I did a poor job of paraphrasing what you said and for that I apologize. And for the record I thought you were being serious with only adding on that we did play well shorthanded against them.

I'm sure this response will lead you to misquote something I said. Just make sure you did what I did and respond to it in a positive way the way I did. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I've faced things in my life, and currently do, that bordered on life and death. I'm not going to lose any sleep over someone misquoting me on a hockey message board.

Have a nice day and it won't happen again.

No worries then and apology accepted. True, there are a lot worse things that could happen out there, and if it was an accident, don't worry about it. I just don't like people editing what I said, and making it look as if I said something I didn't.

I keep reading about Detroits "A" game. If they havent played it IN 2 WCF games AT HOME, when the F are they going to play it? Maybe you dont give enough credit for the Ducks taking the game from them. Maybe youve seen their A game vs the Ducks? Many teams and their fans have waited for that "A" game but in REALITY, the Ducks take teams "A" games from them. 6 shots per period. 19 shots in the entire game. If not for Francois Beauchemin putting 2 goals past Jiggy, you wouldve lost both games at home. I havent watched any Detroit games this season outside the ones they played the Ducks but if they cant get up to play their "A" game AT HOME in the first 2 WCF games, what do you expect in games 3 and 4 in Anaheim? YOU WILL GET OUR A GAME.

Ive also saw a bunch of people excited because you beat the Sharks. We owned the Sharks all season. I wasnt remotely worried about the Sharks. In years past, pre Pronger, Thorton and CheeChoo ran rough shod over the Ducks and Cheech would net 20 goals a season vs the Ducks alone. Different game with the man Pronger on the ice and we beat the Sharks 3-1, 5-0, 7-4, 4-3, and 3-2. You can see the lopsided scoring there no? Take pride in coming back and beating a "younger, stronger" team in the Sharks but they are FAR from the same team thats in your face now. Reality check.

And who's this clown sneaking around in the showers. Perv should be banned from the locker room. Lets the guys s***, shower, and shave, and then get your interviews. IF and that is a big IF Pronger said anything like that, it's not a lie. They have been shut down 5 on 5.

dude take yourself back to disney.com.com and go kiss neil. we don't need you here.

No worries then and apology accepted. True, there are a lot worse things that could happen out there, and if it was an accident, don't worry about it. I just don't like people editing what I said, and making it look as if I said something I didn't.

I understand. And again, I seriously didn't mean to misquote you.

Cheers!

you definately picked the right handle, i bet your post get's laughs.

Edited by ocalafloridawingzfan