• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shdwx14

Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

I don't think that Bert has been playing like he has for us a bit ago. He just doesn't seem to be the same. He's not going to the net too hard and not having too many hits. My friends a nd family are all over me about his play since I'm a huge Bertuzzi fan and I just want to know if there is anything wrong with him. I hear that Calder may have a broken hand and that Bertuzzi may be playing with an injury too, but does anyont know what it is? I'm not expecting him to be the hero of the playoffs or series, but he looks like somethings not right. At first he started a lil slow but he was then hitting a lot, now he might have one big hit it seems a game. I really hope he gets better and we can resign him to see him play his A game, even if it's not what it was in Vancouver.

"Bertuzzi isnt playing healthy either. Imagine if we had both of them at 100%. Bye bye Dukkies."

Does anyone have an idea on what's goin on with Bert? Just to get these people off my back...lol

"Bertuzzi isnt playing healthy either. Imagine if we had both of them at 100%. Bye bye Dukkies."

Does anyone have an idea on what's goin on with Bert? Just to get these people off my back...lol

Playoff hockey kids, you play through pain and dont make excuses. I like the above quote "Imagine if we had both of them at 100%, bye bye Dukkies." Imagine, if my aunt Pamela had balls, Id call her uncle Peter. C'mon, we have at least 7 injuries that have been lingering and guess what? You dont know about them or hear about them because we play through them. 2 play on the same line that has dominated this series. Kunitz and Thornton will play through as well, that will ring the total to 9 men playing through pain for one goal. You can cry and make ifs and buts or you can step up for the Cup.

Playoff hockey kids, you play through pain and dont make excuses. I like the above quote "Imagine if we had both of them at 100%, bye bye Dukkies." Imagine, if my aunt Pamela had balls, Id call her uncle Peter. C'mon, we have at least 7 injuries that have been lingering and guess what? You dont know about them or hear about them because we play through them. 2 play on the same line that has dominated this series. Kunitz and Thornton will play through as well, that will ring the total to 9 men playing through pain for one goal. You can cry and make ifs and buts or you can step up for the Cup.

Well except for last night, right? :sly: And Thorton only got 2 mins total in 3-1/2 periods... so he isn't exactly haveing to play through much.

Edited by OsGOD

The fact is that even if you can't use injuries as an excuse they DO impact the game. Depending on the extent and nature of the injury you will 1) not play 2) play but not well or 3) play and not be overly affected by it.

Schneider isn't playing because of his injury but I'm not going to rag on him because he shouldn't have an excuse. All of the guys who are playing injured are valiant in my opinion, but if it gets to the point they are a liability out there they should be sat.

Right now I'm guessing that Babs figures that an injured Calder or Bert must be a greater asset in than out, so they are playing...I guess we'll see what happens.

Dude you were just in another thread making your own ifs.... go to the Pronger thread and read your own stuff. Wow, hypocrite.

... If not for Francois Beauchemin putting 2 goals past Jiggy, you wouldve lost both games at home...

And there you have it.

Edited by DreamsofHope

Dude you were just in another thread making your own ifs.... go to the Pronger thread and read your own stuff. Wow, hypocrite.

And there you have it.

Read my other post in that thread. Far from hypocrite, Ive said the wings were all Hasek and would be outplayed and they are running true to form.

Read my other post in that thread. Far from hypocrite, Ive said the wings were all Hasek and would be outplayed and they are running true to form.

All I'm saying is you come into this thread telling someone not to go about making ifs, when clearly in another thread you did the same thing yourself. Even you cannot deny that. Try and keep up with your consistency.

Hey Getzlaf15..... you posted this in the Pronger forum. "If not for Francois Beauchemin putting 2 goals past Jiggy, you wouldve lost both games at home."

I thought you said I do not believe in "Ifs", then what are you saying here? You are a hypocrite.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

Guest jaytan

Of course he's injured. He's been hurt for pretty much the entire season. His back's injured, and he's still healing from a concussion.

Not excusing him, just letting you know why he may not be looking as great as we all know he can be.

We should definitely re-sign him in the offseason, no matter what transpires in the remainder of the playoffs. Bert is one of the most dominating players in the game when he's on, and he's still a force even when he's injured.

Bert definitly looks hurt. I have went and tried to find all I could on Anahiem injuries and I did not uncover much. I agree with one post. You cannot use injuries as an excuse but they effect the game for sure. Hillbillywingsfan your avatar is awsome!!! Sorry that was a bit off topic.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

Guest Crymson

We got Bert at a firesale price for one reason: he was coming off of a back injury and corresponding surgery and his future play was uncertain. He is not 100%.

Guest bullocks

he has a good game, then he has a game u barely notice him...his back might not be 100%...meh.

yeah, don't forget that bert was pretty dang cheap. It will take a lot to make the initial move in acquiring him look bad. As for calder, i agree. i haven't seen much out of him and it appears that hudler might serve the team better right now, but i'm not the coach, and i'm not the one watching these guys practice day in and day out. I'll leave that stuff to babcock.

Maybe you Should just realize that Bert is a terrible player....j/k...im the one that always rags on Shdwx14 :D....no I think Bert just needs some time to get a lot of rest...He still looks injured and seems to be skating slower than he used to...he just needs to time for rest and recovery.

Maybe you Should just realize that Bert is a terrible player....j/k...im the one that always rags on Shdwx14 :D....no I think Bert just needs some time to get a lot of rest...He still looks injured and seems to be skating slower than he used to...he just needs to time for rest and recovery.

That was awesome...totally caught me off gaurd!!!

Guest Crymson

Wow! You're so smart! Wow!!!! You must feel GREAT about your ability to fortell!

Sarcasm aside, go away. Seriously. You clearly have nothing constructive to contribute. Why are you here, again? Refresh my memory.

Well he does look off in my opinon, not sure if its dusting off the cobwebs, typical nagging playoff injuires, or if its something more. We all know everyone plays hurt to a certain extent this time of year, so I'm sure someone coming off of a recent back rehab is feeling the pain game in and game out if anybody is.

How serious is he hurting? Your guess is as good as mine, I haven't heard anything confirmed, but if it was something huge we'd know about it obviously. Then again Crosby played the last 2 weeks of the season and the first round with a broken foot, and Calder has played with a broken hand supposedly, so everyone's definition of serious is a little different :crazy: .