• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Hasek Save on Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Whether or not Dom's stick actually touch the puck or Getz's stick doesn't matter, the simple fact that Dom threw it is enough for a penalty. Also, remember that the stick could have forced Getz into take a shot he didn't want, or pulling the puck further outside than he wanted to.

It doesn't really matter, the Duckies got an even up call when Scotty N. push Hasek into the net. Would Dom have slid into the net under his own motion? Who knows, but you can't deny Scotty pushed him.

One more thing, if Cheli isn't there, Dom makes the save on the second goal.

It was actually Robby N.

I'm not positive he threw it. Dom has a tendency to let go of his stick to make a play with his buffer hand, and I think this is what he was trying to do here.

The NHL doesn't go by intent on these rules like this one as proven by the Vanek no-goal in the Buffalo-Ottawa series....it should have been a penalty shot but I don't care cause we won.

He sure does.

IPB Image

I got this idea from one of the sharks threads, and borrowed an image from the ducks thread. Credit where it is due. Thanks

Someone's still upset about 2003....move on.

Whether or not Dom's stick actually touch the puck or Getz's stick doesn't matter, the simple fact that Dom threw it is enough for a penalty. Also, remember that the stick could have forced Getz into take a shot he didn't want, or pulling the puck further outside than he wanted to.

It doesn't really matter, the Duckies got an even up call when Scotty N. push Hasek into the net. Would Dom have slid into the net under his own motion? Who knows, but you can't deny Scotty pushed him.

One more thing, if Cheli isn't there, Dom makes the save on the second goal.

Correction: R. niedermayer crashed the net leading to a goal.

I look at it the same as the ol' kickin' the puck in the net scenario. I think he just dropped thre stick(possibly on purpose) but I didn't see anything that made it clear that he threw his stick. There was no extension of his arm that woudl elad one to believe he thre it in a certain direction.

Thats pretty funny, its Ducks fans that bring up Giguere's Conn Smythe Trophy NON STOP!

Sorry, haven't seen it on this board.....

What does that picture have to do with 2003.? I'm just talking about Dom's snow angelness.

It shows Giggy with big waffle thingy pads....HAHA.