• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Running out of gas?

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Do you feel that were starting to run out of gas or be wore down. In the third period last night we didnt look too good, and in OT we just looked horrible. Besides dastsyuks chance 20 seconds in and franzen infront of the net, we had nothing going. I hope we can pick it up, but this anaheim team wont flop like san jose did. Maybe all these west coast trips are starting to wear us down. :(

I'm beginning to think that the extended play by the d-man is the reason that we're looking a little tired. Quincy only played something like 4 or 5 minutes last night. It wouldn't hurt to have another d-man come back into the line-up to take up some slack. (Kronner where are you???) Maybe Schneids can throw on a cast and use it to his advantage. :)

Edited by wingsfan75

Sadly, I agree with this completely. I told the people I was watching the game with last night that the Red Wings look tired and worn down out there. They have every reason to be, but it doesn't look promising for the rest of the series. I pray that they prove me wrong on this, but for the first time, fatigue seems to be creeping in and playing a factor. Two tough, grinding series certainly didn't help, and playing the Ducks is just making it worse. I still have faith in this team to pull it out. They haven't come this far to go out now.

Guest MrSandMan

I disagree. They looked fine in the 3rd and even better in the beginning of OT (compared to the Ducks who looked tired and ruffled).

What killed it for us, was that stupid delay of game from Sammy. Babs was only rolling two lines (i believe)

With that kill, it tired us out. In addition to Clearly losing his edge and falling just before Neid blasted the puck at Hasek.

The game could have gone either way if we had a full chance to regroup. I wish Babs would have called a T.O after the Kill.

Edited by MrSandMan

Guest bullocks

Sadly, I agree with this completely. I told the people I was watching the game with last night that the Red Wings look tired and worn down out there. They have every reason to be, but it doesn't look promising for the rest of the series. I pray that they prove me wrong on this, but for the first time, fatigue seems to be creeping in and playing a factor. Two tough, grinding series certainly didn't help, and playing the Ducks is just making it worse. I still have faith in this team to pull it out. They haven't come this far to go out now.

yah, and at the same time anaheim is only rolling 3 lines and pretty much 4 defencemen mostly lol well last night they were rolling 3 lines. we shouldnt be too tired we do have young players. just our D might be taking a bit of a hit. i would have LOVED to have gone back to anaheim 2-0...f***, we'd be laughing...steal a game down their come back up 3-1. but saying that, we didnt deserve to be up 2-0. so i guess it all evens out. we need hasek to stand on his head i think.

I never thought either team would sweep. I predicted the Wings in seven and I still believe it. However, it seems rather obvious that the Red Wings appear to be wearing down a bit. Just an observation - doesn't mean they won't pull through, but playing on the road will be a good indicator of how much they have left in the tank.

Edited by GoWings1905

Anyone who thought we'd sweep the series is crazy, give them game 3 and 4 before you judge

Oh I'm not giving up by any means but they're playing a huge amount of minutes to make up for the d-man that's missing. I'm sure it'll even out as we go farther into the series. No worries.

Sammy's DOG penalty did have a huge affect on the guys. It was an amazing kill by the team though.

Guest bullocks

Anyone who thought we'd sweep the series is crazy, give them game 3 and 4 before you judge

nobody thought they'd sweep...i picked them in 7 games...but being up 3-2 in the third u kinda gotta hit urself to let that get away...going back to anaheim 2-0 would be amazing. we definately need a split at the pond tho.

I disagree. They looked fine in the 3rd and even better in the beginning of OT (compared to the Ducks who looked tired and ruffled).

What killed it for us, was that stupid delay of game from Sammy. Babs was only rolling two lines (i believe)

With that kill, it tired us out. In addition to Clearly losing his edge and falling just before Neid blasted the puck at Hasek.

The game could have gone either way if we had a full chance to regroup. I wish Babs would have called a T.O after the Kill.

:lol: Ducks, ruffled, I like that.

Interesting article from MLive from this afternoon on this exact subject:

link

I hope the Wings stop making excuses and go out there and play like we all know they can. To me, they sound like they're beaten already......

Guest bullocks

:lol: Ducks, ruffled, I like that.

if the ducks looked ruffled, then we looked dead lol well atleast in the overtime...

Guest MrSandMan

Interesting article from MLive from this afternoon on this exact subject:

link

I hope the Wings stop making excuses and go out there and play like we all know they can. To me, they sound like they're beaten already......

Again, i disagree with the analyse about them wearing down the Wings. Detroit won't go away! Maybe I'm arrogant, cocky, and see things only through my Red and White glasses, but we read all this in the Series against the Sharks.... and we all know how that turned out.

Lastly, I kept my chin up against the Sharks as they were shutting us out, dominating games 2 and 3, just before they awaken the sleeping Giant. We were all here pressing the "Panic!" button.

Relax people, the Ducks won't bring nothing more than what Sharks already tried.

GO WINGS!!!

if the ducks looked ruffled, then we looked dead lol well atleast in the overtime...

Pre-Sammys DOG penalty, no. Post-Sammy's DOG, yes. Babs should have called a Time Out after that wonderful Kill.

I think all this nay saying is a little premature.

I don't believe in jinx's, so I'll just say this... I mentioned to my brother last night that I think the Wings have that "swagger" or "it" that I have seen them have in previous Cup winning years. It's not the same domination we possessed in previous years, but there is something about this team that makes me feel they have what it takes.

I won't count them out or start worrying until they have been eliminated. Basically, I don't think it's gonna' happen.

They are being underestimated by everyone out there and I think they have a resolve... Just my 2 cents.

Well of course we're going to be worn out by the third when we're rolling on 2 lines (that are already shorthanded with injuries) due to penalties and failing to clear the zone. And of course penalties are caused from loosing the small battles, as well as one's cool.

We have to get going from the get-go and keep the pressure strong. Lets wear down their players, and give our short-staffed defense a break for once

Guest Crymson

Do you feel that were starting to run out of gas or be wore down. In the third period last night we didnt look too good, and in OT we just looked horrible. Besides dastsyuks chance 20 seconds in and franzen infront of the net, we had nothing going. I hope we can pick it up, but this anaheim team wont flop like san jose did. Maybe all these west coast trips are starting to wear us down. :(

Now, now.. was there any reason for this so-pessimistic comment?

Why do people ALWAYS seem to say this when things get a little rough. It's a SEVEN GAME series! If you look at our record so far we have won in 6. I just hope that we don't go 6 in this one. Imagine 6, 6, 6, ICK not a good omen for the the finals!

Anaheim doesn't dominate the play in some situations like San Jose did. I don't think San Jose flopped, i think the wings figured out what needed to be done to shut down SJ. They need to shift gears and figure out how to shut down Anaheim. I bet the wings take one and lose one at both the game in ahaheim and then take the next two games to kill the series in 6 just like they did the last series. The wings are a very adaptive team and they can learn this anaheim team.

I'm just being realistic ppl, from what i observed :P

I agree with you. Sometimes if you point out one minor flaw or troubling thing about the Red Wings on here you are no longer considered a true fan. I still believe the Red Wings are going to win this series, but I have no problem giving props to the Ducks, and I also realize the Red Wings are far from perfect. Saying they look fatigued doesn't mean I think they are going to lose, or even that I have given up on them, but simply an observation that I drew from last night's game. Go Red Wings!

Edited by GoWings1905

^^^

That's nothing more than constructive criticism and it should be welcomed and discussed rather than attacked. Unfortunately some fans refuse to remove their rose-colored glasses and take a look at reality.

The Wings look pretty tired, but so does Anaheim at least compared to Ottawa. After watching the first bit of the Sens vs. Sabers game 3, whoever faces the winner is in BIG trouble. Though the Western teams have a tenancy to run out of gas a lot sooner than the Eastern teams due to all the ridiculous traveling, and this especially affects teams like Detroit, they should be in the East. Oh well, hopefully they'll get their second wind and absolutely destroy the Ducks.

Edited by Trisomy21

Why do people ALWAYS seem to say this when things get a little rough. It's a SEVEN GAME series! If you look at our record so far we have won in 6. I just hope that we don't go 6 in this one. Imagine 6, 6, 6, ICK not a good omen for the the finals!