• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest bullocks

Playoff beards..

Rate this topic

I had the beard but I had to trim it down to a goatee because I had a rather important meeting/negotiation for work about the time the Wings turned it around against San Jose.

So I'm thinking that I'll shave the mustache part and keep the chin covered while I allow the sides to grow a bit.

I'll be Amish, it's ok :D

I'm almost dissapointed with Zetterberg's beard, I was expecting it to be draging on the ice by the WCF :(

:lol:

My beard on the other hand, I have been growing it since the day before the Red Wings first playoff game against the Flames and havent touched it since, Its kinda spotty, No Dan Cleary or Hank Zetterberg by any means but its coming along OK...

Edited by Elshupacabra

Well he stated before he came on these boards that just recently in the last few years he's become a hockey fan so it's pretty understandable.

Anyways, Cleary's rocks above all. He looks like a werewolf!

It is pretty sweet.

What? No one else will post a pic of their beard?

I thought i was starting something there....

I would post a pic of mine, but I have three good reason that I won't:

1. I'm ashamed of mine, its kinda weak :(

2. I don't have any way to take a picture of it with any kind of quality

3. I don't think I could make a..how do I say this... "drunk enough" face to compete with yours :lol:

i havent touched mine since the day before playoffs started. I'm 21 so this is basically the first year that I have been able to manage anything of significance, gung ho! or was it hanta yo? Its late, forgive me.

i havent touched it all thru the playoffs

and its all thick in some areas and not as much in others

my goatey has always been there but i think its grew another half inch tho.

I think the playoff beard is one of the coolest traditions when it comes to hockey superstitions. Hopefully the fact that I have to shave mine off for a job interview on Thursday won't jinx the Wings.

I've been logging visual updates of my playoff beard here:

IPB Image

I think mine is ok, but I have to give 'mad props' to Cleary, Bertuzzi, Schneider, and even Quincey for having some rockin' grizzly bear style. I swear Schneider has been trimming his since Round 1, because it sprang up so quickly, he'd be a yeti by now.

This is a good thread.

Does anyone have a picture of Cleary's beard??

Hockey13Playa, where do you get your images?

This one isn't very good, but its better than nothing. From the front he seriously has gone werewolf style!

IPB Image

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

This is a good thread.

Does anyone have a picture of Cleary's beard??

i was trying to find a decent pic of his beard, but i wanted one of him with the blackeye too since it makes him look homeless!

IPB Image

Hockey13Playa, where do you get your images?

This one isn't very good, but its better than nothing. From the front he seriously has gone werewolf style!

IPB Image

I get my images from the detroit redwings official site. Under mutimedia, then photo galleries, then games, and I went to the most recent ducks and wings game

i was trying to find a decent pic of his beard, but i wanted one of him with the blackeye too since it makes him look homeless!

IPB Image

Thats the image I just posted a few posts up :P

Edited by Hockey13Playa

My facial hair grows in patches, so it doesn't look too good. But I kept one going during the Calgary series and had to shave in the midst of the San Jose series for a meeting at work. I'm somewhat lucky that I only have to shave once per week, but I think it would be cool to have a beard for playoffs.

Here's a pic of me with tne NCAA tournament trophy. Yeah, I'm an MSU fan so I was growing out my beard for them although with the crappy pic quality you can't really tell.

IPB Image

Also, here's the beginning of mine from last year, just cuz it's a funny picture.

IPB Image

Edited by Inultus

Guest bullocks

why did you shave dude , your gonna curse us lol

lol, don't say that :(

my hubby had one started since the start of the playoffs then had to shave for a job interview, bummed me out, but since then it has come back in :)

Edited by Beau

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

screw the playoff beard, girls hate beards! how are they supposed to be attracted to you! more girls for me i guess