• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dats

Game 3: Kopecky in, Calder out

Rate this topic

BS, show me a link.

BS, show me a link.

BS, show me a link.

I want to see Calds do well... and it does SEEM that he's injured. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Otherwise, it's only speculation. Especially now that he's been replaced. If he were injured, the club would announce it. What are they going to do, keep it secret just in case they need to call up a one armed winger who's only been playing 4 minutes a night?

He's a professional athlete, who's been training for months & back on the ice for three weeks. Furthermore, he's replacing a guy who averaged 4 minutes of ice a night. So, you think Kopecky will be useless after 2 minutes of play?

If he is indeed injured, wouldn’t the Wings be doing everything they can to hide the injury and not draw attention to it?

Wow!! didn't know Kopecky was even ready. Hopefully his collar bone area has completely recovered and he can get in there and bang some bodies.

Another good thing is Kopy gets back in the lineup on the road tonight. The pressure is there of course, but better to start a game on the road, than thinking he has to be the difference maker and starting in front of our fans. He might sneak by some guys. :)

Plus remember he's been skating for awhile now, a few weeks at least. That should help with the rust, and familiarity of his linemates.

I would assume Kopecky will be given a limited role tonight, so he can get back up to speed, and not be a hindrance while doing so. Here's hoping he can make a difference on the Wings forecheck, and help keep the puck in our offensive zone.

He sucks? :crazy:

He's a good young player, who's going to get better. He skates well, goes to the net and isn't afriad of a hit. If he's healthy, he'll be here awhile - get use to him.

What a f*n comedian.

I can see now the personal attacks are starting again. Just like with Kronwall.

Fine, I'll drop it. God forbid I criticize and don't like someone on the Wings. I guess that doesn't make me a real fan, right? Just like I've heard from a lot of people. Jeez.

IMO, This move isn't about getting the bigger body in the lineup (although we could use it), its about the wings not thinking that highly of hudler. He is going to be shopped in the offseason.

This move was about adding speed, a solid forecheck, and generating more "down low" time in Anaheim's end.

Calder could still forecheck and skate Ok, but because of his hand, he could not control the puck aong the boards.

Hudler adds offence only. He's not fast, and can not rag the puck down low.

Every second Kopecky helps keep the puck in Anaheim's end is one less second that Detroit needs to worry about Anaheim's offence.

Again, this is not a Kopecky > Hudler or Calder situation. It's about which of these three players bets suits the role I described. It's a no brainer.

I can see now the personal attacks are starting again. Just like with Kronwall.

Fine, I'll drop it. God forbid I criticize and don't like someone on the Wings. I guess that doesn't make me a real fan, right? Just like I've heard from a lot of people. Jeez.

How ironic KP seeing you are one of the band that jumps on my nuts when I say something negative about a Wing.

Yeah, this is an interesting move. I had all but forgotten about Kopper, but I can see where Babs is coming with this. Kopper gives us a little more size to a group of Wings that were outmuscled in Game 2. Still If that was the case, I would have put in either Langfeld or Ellis, someone who is a little sharper.

This move was about adding speed, a solid forecheck, and generating more "down low" time in Anaheim's end.

Calder could still forecheck and skate Ok, but because of his hand, he could not control the puck aong the boards.

Every second Kopecky helps keep the puck in Anaheim's end is one less second that Detroit needs to worry about Anaheim's offence.

Again, this is not a Kopecky > Hudler or Calder situation. It's about which of these three players bets suits the role I described. It's a no brainer.

Exactly. :thumbup:

Exactly. A side note, Kopecky's skating is extremely underrated...he's worked on it to the point where it's a strength of his game. We need that speed , big time.

Kopecky is Lazy and Sucks, we all know it. :P

Actually I know nothing about Kopecky, he seemed a serviceable guy until he got hurt though. Anaheim is basically rolling 3 lines, so it'll be interesting to see who Babcock puts line 4 out there against. 5-6 minute range again? I think the boys will be jumpin' tonight. Prove the pundits wrong .. again boys, and play hard. (Calder, injury or not, has played like lethargic ass for a while now.. even before the playoffs begun)

I initially heard about Kopecky coming in on XM this morning. The conversation went something like this:

"OH NOES!! KUNITZ HURT!! DUCKS STILL PWN WINGS! WHO DIS KOPEKKY? STUPID N00B!! BABCOCK 5UXX0R5!!!1111"

Keep in mind, I hadn't had my coffee at this point, so I could be a little off on the specifics.

I initially heard about Kopecky coming in on XM this morning. The conversation went something like this:

"OH NOES!! KUNITZ HURT!! DUCKS STILL PWN WINGS! WHO DIS KOPEKKY? STUPID N00B!! BABCOCK 5UXX0R5!!!1111"

Keep in mind, I hadn't had my coffee at this point, so I could be a little off on the specifics.

Yep, that's pretty much what it was. Most everyone on XM hates the Wings. I know, because I have it myself.

Probably the worst is either Phil Esposito or James "Boomer" Gordon. These two are just the most anti-Wings you can get. Esposito especially. He never played on a team that had a major rivalry with the Wings, so I really don't get what his problem is.

Yep, that's pretty much what it was. Most everyone on XM hates the Wings. I know, because I have it myself.

Probably the worst is either Phil Esposito or James "Boomer" Gordon. These two are just the most anti-Wings you can get. Esposito especially. He never played on a team that had a major rivalry with the Wings, so I really don't get what his problem is.

Maybe they are just sick of seeing the wings at the top of the standings year in and year out as well as winning the cup 3 times in the last 10 years. As a biased wings fan i tend to enjoy that sort of thing. As far as many of these commentators are concerned, the wings should have won their first cup and gone away. Even on VS, the way they talk about the wings, they act like they haven't earned anything and they are only in WCF cause of Hasek. Then they trash on Hasek saying he is the worst puck handler ever. Hasek can handle the puck well, he just takes risks sometimes that maybe he shouldn't. When he pulls it off, he looks amazing, when he doesn't he looks horrible.

It also seems like they are rooting for the ducks because doc whatshisface starts screaming and freaking out everytime the ducks get a shot on net. The wings are a bunch of rag tag, bought and paid for losers in the minds of most of these commentators.

If he is indeed injured, wouldn’t the Wings be doing everything they can to hide the injury and not draw attention to it?

True, but a broken hand that's forcing a guy out of the game is not what I'd call a nagging injury.

Thats why they play the games im in favor of a big body going up against the ducks ok the guys been injured since Dec. He's healthy now put em on the ice he was good in GR in the playoff-That being said, of course the AHL conference finals and the NHL conference finals are like a pinto to a veyron the guy knows how to play hockey is still hockey as long as he doesnt shoot the team in the foot he'll be ok.

Guest Agalloch

Ugh. I can't believe this is true.

Kopecky SUCKS. This is a horrible move. If Calder is going to be benched, then why not play Hudler? Why? Does Babcock seriously hate him that much?

I wasn't really in favor of playing Hudler, but after hearing this, I definitly am. Kopecky is horrible. Hudler might be able to at least contribute offensivly in some way, despite his size. Kopecky is not offensive, and he is not that physical either. He's just big. He'll be a pylon out there.

Did you even watch the guy play this year? I'm going to assume you haven't, because your assumptions of him are completely wrong. Jesus, you think Kopecky is the worst player in the world, and suggest that the Wings sign Mike f***in' Comrie. Glad you aren't GM.

Kopecky is awesome. He's very physical and should help the Wings out a lot. I'm a huge fan of him. Good move by Babcock and co.

Edited by Agalloch

Tomas looked fairly impressive to me as I recall, so hopefully he does well.

But Hudler's a sniper and he might do well with a couple of big dudes--he looked like he had gained a step in speed when I saw him play this year--I swear he got himself into the open and had Luongo beaten with a one-time wrister but the shot hit the shaft of the goal stick--that play sticks in my head cuz he looked so good.

Oh well Huds...best of luck to Kopecky and to Detroit!