• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetter is Better

Lilja?

Rate this topic

i think they shoudl just send him out there without a stick so he can still hit and block shots but not give up bad passes.

ehh, the bad passes are always the ones that stand out. Lilja has had a few lately, but its just been that - a few. And to be honest, which defenseman on the Wings (exception Lidstrom) hasnt been a giveaway monster these last 2 games?

ehh, the bad passes are always the ones that stand out. Lilja has had a few lately, but its just been that - a few. And to be honest, which defenseman on the Wings (exception Lidstrom) hasnt been a giveaway monster these last 2 games?

Quincey hasent been bad. Albeit , hes played a grand total of 9:35 in 2 games.

Chelis been good at his passes lately too

He's been very effective since he stopped playing like a little girl.

I approve wholeheartedly of this summation of Lilja's turnaround.

Andreas, you rock my world. *reinstates the Lilly-love av*

Lilja from regular season and the one from playoffs are like heaven and hell. apart from casual defensive lapses when he's under forecheckers pressure Lilja has been playing very fine. he is focused, can play the puck, makes only rare turnovers and what's most important: fights for the puck and throws his body when there's a possibility.

the man has been a monster this playoffs.

now if only Lazy and he sucks had a 1/10 of Lilja's desire to fight...

The prblem here is that Lidstrom is second in the playoffs in giveaways. Not knocking the captain, mind you, but he hasn't been his usual flawless self.

Link provided to prove it.

Giveaways

The prblem here is that Lidstrom is second in the playoffs in giveaways. Not knocking the captain, mind you, but he hasn't been his usual flawless self.

gotta disagree. if you watch the games observe Lidstrom you won't say he's not himself. he's been having great playoffs so far and I don't need stats to prove anything.

the point is, he's very effective against other teams' top lines. and a smart PP quarterback which one could clearly see just in Game 2 against the Ducks.

that Lidstrom hasn't been flawless... just look at Pronger and Niedermayer (I mean Scott who at least has some talent, not this garbage Rob), who are supposed to be Nick contenders to Norris hardware. Datsyuk rapes Pronger nearly every time they both fight for the puck. and Niedermayer, though picked up his play in Game 2, has been pretty unimpressive in Game 1. which is not to prove Lids is better because those two suck. just trying to say under immense pressure and 30+ minutes a game, when the weight is on your shoulders... you have every right to make some minor error once in a while.

Guest jaytan

While I do agree that Lidstrom hasn't been as good as his reputation during these playoffs, he has been very reliable for all but a few moments. Can't expect anybody to be perfect, especially with all the pressure on our depleted defensive corps.... But for a little while during that Calgary series, he looked amazingly normal.

Yeah, Lilja's played unusually well. He, and perhaps Quincey (due to inexperience) are still potentially the achilles heel of the Wings D. He still usually bites on the first move and his tendency toward giveaways might be exposed as the competition gets stiffer. That play where the Ducks come in and the guy will cut in and drop the puck to the guy behind him the instant Andreas turns (commits) gets him every time and he follows the first guy...

He, and perhaps Quincey (due to inexperience) are still potentially the achilles heel of the Wings D.

I'd call it a tie between Lilly and Lebda for now. not that they played bad, but are those

Wings who are prone to mistakes as of now.

my gripe for Quincey as of now are his weak shots on PP. we could definitely use some

improvement in this area. though, you can't just replace Schneider in this respect.

I dont know about you guys, but I think Lebda has been the worst guy out there in this series so far. But its hard to fault the guy. If it werent playoff season, hed still be on IR.

Lebda has been the worst defensemen all playoffs.