• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CUJO#31

New Life?

Rate this topic

Although I think Bert's play has been a bit poor at times. I was very thrilled to see him after Nick scored that goal last night. He was the first to congratulate him, I think. But if not, he still showed a lot of team comradery. It was really good to see him happy, kinda makes it seem like he's feeling like more than a rental, ya know?

Hi, Steve... I mean Draperfan... I mean Steve.

:rolleyes:

Now adding another member to the "I'm bored and you're ignored, jerky" list.

Jeff

Jeff you sound like a 12 year old kid,anyone who doesnt agree with you you put on ignore..ps:GET A LIFE :lol: oops forgot,he cant read this im on ignore,could someone pass it on to him? :lol: Edited by Draperfan

I'd be a lot more interested in them re-signing him if he'd go out there and actually look interested...he needs to drive to the net more...he weighs over 250 pounds with all that equipment on...he needs to start using his size...he should be out there destroying Getzlaf and Perry and running over Giguere...he really, really needs to get it going, the sooner the better

Agreed. I don't think he's been as bad as some have suggested, but I haven't seen anything to inspire me either. I'd like to have him back, but the Wings will have to decide how much they want to gamble on him. Is he washed up or can he rejuvenate his career? Maybe his incident/suspension are just too much to overcome. Also, back surgery isn't good. I somewhat suspect he's still not 100% so we're not seeing the real deal. And can he maintain his health. Right now, I'd love to see him step it up a notch out there; but I'm not so sure that's going to happen at this point, realistically (still hoping though(.

Guest jaytan

Decent article.

Big Bert's been pretty much getting better every game this season, and I have a lot of confidence in him. Even if all the injuries and drama keep him from making a huge impact on our run this year, we'd be FOOLS to let him slip away in the summer.

Don't worry about Bert, guys. He'll come around and it'll be huge for us.

I have said in a previous thread about Bert that I haven't seen much positiveness in the guy. He floats around more than Lang has in the playoffs, he doesn't crash the net much, and he is out-bodied a lot along the boards. Unless he changes those 3 crucial parts of his role, I will continue to be skeptical.

Ssssh, just about everyone in here and their family wants Bertuzzi signed this summer. Me? Don't get what he's done so far to justify a new contract. I'm not gonna say he's been a bust yet, but he sure doesn't fit in with our style and play so far. Guess it's just me & you. :unsure:

Ssssh, just about everyone in here and their family wants Bertuzzi signed this summer. Me? Don't get what he's done so far to justify a new contract. I'm not gonna say he's been a bust yet, but he sure doesn't fit in with our style and play so far. Guess it's just me & you. :unsure:

And Draperfan (ala Steve Moore). If you decide to actually count him. :P

"Bertuzzi and the Red Wings are trying to overcome a 4-3 overtime loss in Game 2 Sunday that evened their NHL Western Conference final against the Anaheim Ducks. Game 3 of the best-of-seven series goes Tuesday in Anaheim."

:(

Back to you Chuck with today's weather.

For some reason, I've never been so excited about a last minute trade acquisition as I am with the Todd Bertuzzi deal. He was one of the guys I hated because he was was such a difficult player for teams to play against. I was elated to hear that he was to don the winged wheel.

I love having Bertuzzi on the Wings and I want him to perform up to his potential in the worst way. I want to see him successful here, and I really hope to see him resigned. I thought he was starting to look very strong up until the collision with Ozzie. It does look now though, like he's getting it back again. I get excited when Bert is on the ice like I used to when Yzerman was on the ice. I can't really explain why I like the guy so much....I just do. I love his crabby, owly looking stare on his face when sitting on the bench, and I love it that nobody tries to start stuff after the play is dead when he's out there. As mentioned, it's great to see him so happy with his teammates when they score, and it was awesome the way he and Chelios celebrated after he scored in Calgary. I really hope he stays here.

I've seen a couple of his drives to the net where he looks like the Bert of the '02 playoffs.....I just wish he'd do it with consistency. I think a lot of us are expecting maybe a little too much from him considering his injury this year and the fact that he's got more of a supporting role here this year. I thought he looked pretty good in game 2 and was hoping Babs would give him a little more ice time. I'm still very optimistic :D

Bert is only going to play better as he continues to mesh with the team. He hasn't played as well as i would like, but he keeps showing through little things that he is getting better.

He's injured and he's still learning the team...but he's adjusting, and he said it himself...he has a COMPLETELY different role that really has nothing to do with scoring. It's got to be frustrating to learn a new role that doesn't put you in the spotlight, while everyone is critiisizing you for not being the player you once were...all while coming off of 2 injuries.

Gotta love Bert! Hope he stays!

Bertuzzi has not shown me anything, I would take him back at a lesser pay rate next season, but the way he has been playing I say we let him go.

Finally,someone who knows a thing about hockey...but why take him back if he hasn't produced? :blink:

He's injured

Dont give me that injured stuff,the doctor gave him the ok to come back :cool:

Bert's been good...he seems to fit in more and more everyday.

As much as I'd love to see Bert fight STUPID Pronger...I also don't want him to fight him. Bert would be the hero (just like in Vancover) until something bad happens to Pronger and then all of a sudden poor innocent Pronger will be a hero.

It's got to be frustrating to learn a new role that doesn't put you in the spotlight, while everyone is critiisizing you for not being the player you once were...all while coming off of 2 injuries.

Gotta love Bert! Hope he stays!

I think it's true that his role is dictated by his playing capacity though. If he were able to do it, they'd put him up there to play hard, score goals, and basically be somewhat like he was pre-injury with Vancouver.

He may return to that, he may not next season with us or someone else, but right--even though he can't be that right now, I'm sure it's a little hard.