• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

WCF Game 3 (5/15): Red Wings @ Ducks - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

Go Wings! Here's to a full 60 minute effort, fewer turnovers, lots of hits, some magnificent play by Dats and Z, a Kopecky goal and most importantly of all: a Well Refereed Game.

It's going to be a long day of anticipation...

I expect another low scoring game, unless the refs eat their whistles again. If that happens, who knows how many goals the Ducks will "score"? So far, it's safe to say we're not going to get many breaks in the officiating in this series.

Stay out of the box, if you can, Wings. And for heaven's sake, get down there and pester the crap out of Giguere, lots of shots. He's had it way too easy so far in this series for my liking. I will be interested to see how Kopecky does in his first game back, too.

Draper with the game winner. I don't know why I think that, I just do! :P

Alright tough game tonight but we still should be able to come out ahead. I have a funny feeling that we will win tonight in regulation.

Powerplay will be the key once again.

Good luck guys :siren::clap:

We just have to play hard and win battles down low and I think we will be set. We have to keep capitalizing on the pp. I think we will win tonight, but then again I have two colours in my vision field, red and white. I am so happy that Calder is out tonight, we are better off with someone healthy in the lineup. GO WINGS GO!

Don't make me keep saying this guys... you are all ADULTS!!!!!

PLAY A FUL 60 F'ing MINUTES!!!!!! You flew across the country for this... At the very least play a full 60 to justify your time and fuel it took to get there!!!!!!11!!1 :lol:

They may dominate us 5-5 but don't under estimate our ability to get stupid penalties and whoop their ass short handed!

Edited by OsGOD

i love the switch of kopecky for calder. well played :thumbup:

big things tonight in anaheim, and since i have to play softball tonight and will miss a period or so, i expect the wings will do me proud in my absence. i'll be listening from the dugout. winners, 4-2. GO WINGS!

I don't know about tonight yet. Detroit is lucky that the series is where it is, the Ducks have really outplayed us, and they are the first team to be outshooting us in the playoffs. I think that Kopecky will add some more physicality, P.S. this means no Calder next year in my eyes. And if the Wings can throw some big checks early, and control the puck more than they have been I think we will win. THere have been too many turnovers, especially in our own zone, for me to be too comfortable with the series.

Wings need big checks, smarter defense, and to get back to puck posession and I say 3-1 Wings (Hasek is going to want to lower theat GAA again)

should be a great game tonight. I can really see Bert actually stepping it up a gear and doin sumthin tonight, I'm expecting a goal from him. Kopecky, I think he will get his name on the game sheet but have a feeling it'll be a penalty, maybe a roughing.. might just try too hard to be a presence out there right away... either way i see the wings taking this one, :siren: game winner will be from draper :siren:

should be a great game tonight. I can really see Bert actually stepping it up a gear and doin sumthin tonight, I'm expecting a goal from him. Kopecky,

TO ALL FANS:

The game day thread is for pre-game discussion only. If you want to discuss movies or how fortunes were made, please take it to the water cooler and keep the thread on track.

Now I have a pizza to get, so carry on.

GO WINGS!!

I felt pretty guilty last game. I really felt confident we'd win if it was 2-2 going into the third, and after the 5-3, I think I got too confident and jinxed us.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut about gut feelings this game but it is damn hard to work right now with tonight's game on the mind.

Spoiled tonight in Michigan? Tigers @ 7:05 vs. Red Sox, Pistons @ 8pm vs. the Bulls, Wings @ 9pm vs. the Ducks!! HOORAY!!

That was a bit of a heartbreaker Sunday night.. but, in all honesty, we deserved that loss.. Chalk it up to the hockey gods paying us back for our ineffective forecheck, puck control in our zone, etc.

Tonight though, will be different, much different. I know also that fans get even more nervous/excited as the playoffs drag on.. but keep it in focus everyone, even if we get blown out of the water tonight or thursday, we WILL take one out there.. and maybe it follows script and we win Game 6 on the road!

Maybe I am not remembering correctly, but hasen't Bertuzzi played pretty well on the road this post season? Here's hoping he steps it up again this time!

Go Wings, and I love that they have been starting these west coast games at 9pm. Go Wing dings!

I've been going to this site basically everday for the last couple years and I finally decided to join up. I did however let the Wings down. I play a couple games of the EA sports NHL game the day of the Wings game. I didn't for game 2. I basically just beat the crap out of the team the Wings are playing. Nothing better than knocking Pronger to the ice. I did this in 02' and they won the cup. I started it up again this year. I don't know why but it seems like Lidstrom has the best hits in the game. Anyways I don't want to jinx my system but I'd have to say the Wings will have a strong game tonight. Close game as the whole series will go. It's our turn in line to get some fluky goals. Wings win.