#21 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(Jiri the man @ May 15, 2007 - 12:00PM) View Post

I perdict that the Red Wings get at least one 5 on 5 goal,and control the play all night.

Puck handeling is key for the Wings,no turn overs.

Hope you're right about the 5 on 5 goal just to shut up the cocky Ducks (Pronger).

But my point was we wouldn't break out til game 4. (as we did with the Sharks.)
X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!

#22 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

my god, the game is like 14 hours away and already people are bickering about the most retarded things. Grow up everyone, we got a game to win.

GO WINGS

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#23 MrSandMan

MrSandMan

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

^^^ yup, had 5 hrs of sleep, woke up at 4am from excitement and anticipation. I shouldn't be up... just had to come to the boards and follow up with fellow Wings' Fans.

I totally don't have a life during the Post-Season. I blow off everything responsible just to absorb hockey. But it's worth it :thu:
X X X X - X X X X - X X O O - O O O O

The road to the Stanley Cup runs thru HockeyTown!

Show no mercy, leave no doubt!

#24 Roz

Roz

Yooper.

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:54 AM

Let's go baby! GET IT DONE WINGS! Woo!
Believe

#25 bcroz

bcroz

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

In addition to Kunitz out for the rest of the playoffs (broken bone in hand and underwent surgery) Shannon is questionable for tonight (per Home Ice-XM this morning). Having a winger like Kunitz out is not good for the Duck.

The Duck has had major problems taking stupid penalities away from the puck. I predict they will come out trying to hit a little too much tonight and start the stupid penality spiral (happens in front of the home crowd a lot). Add the motivation of Prongers comments (someone please find the picture of Yzerman leveling him from the playoffs a few years ago) and Calder finally being replaced (nothing against his playing prior to the injury but the broken hand is really showing) and I predict a different Wings team hitting the ice in Honda Center (liked it better when it was called "The Pond").

Edited by bcroz, 15 May 2007 - 11:59 AM.

#26 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

Go Wings! Here's to a full 60 minute effort, fewer turnovers, lots of hits, some magnificent play by Dats and Z, a Kopecky goal and most importantly of all: a Well Refereed Game.

It's going to be a long day of anticipation...
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#27 Kon

Kon

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

No score prediction as usual.

LETS GO WINGS!!!

(this is going to be a longgggggg series)

#28 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

Red Wings 3 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary)

Ducks 2 (Pronger, Getzlaf))
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

I expect another low scoring game, unless the refs eat their whistles again. If that happens, who knows how many goals the Ducks will "score"? So far, it's safe to say we're not going to get many breaks in the officiating in this series.

Stay out of the box, if you can, Wings. And for heaven's sake, get down there and pester the crap out of Giguere, lots of shots. He's had it way too easy so far in this series for my liking. I will be interested to see how Kopecky does in his first game back, too.

Draper with the game winner. I don't know why I think that, I just do! tongue.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#30 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

60 minutes of hockey boys!!! Lets do it Wings!!!!!!
Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#31 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

Bertuzzi, Hasek, and the rest will be great this game..... Wings win

#32 WingNutt

WingNutt

-DATS the way to Play-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Alright tough game tonight but we still should be able to come out ahead. I have a funny feeling that we will win tonight in regulation.

Powerplay will be the key once again.

Good luck guys goal.gif clap.gif

www.datsyuk13.com ^thanks Offsides^
[press] "When you have the puck, how many people do you see?"
Without smiling, Datsyuk answered, "18,000"

#33 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

We just have to play hard and win battles down low and I think we will be set. We have to keep capitalizing on the pp. I think we will win tonight, but then again I have two colours in my vision field, red and white. I am so happy that Calder is out tonight, we are better off with someone healthy in the lineup. GO WINGS GO!

#34 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Don't make me keep saying this guys... you are all ADULTS!!!!!

PLAY A FUL 60 F'ing MINUTES!!!!!! You flew across the country for this... At the very least play a full 60 to justify your time and fuel it took to get there!!!!!!11!!1 laugh.gif

They may dominate us 5-5 but don't under estimate our ability to get stupid penalties and whoop their ass short handed!

Edited by OsGOD, 15 May 2007 - 02:16 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#35 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(CelticWing34 @ May 15, 2007 - 01:43PM) View Post

Red Wings 3 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Cleary)

Ducks 2 (Pronger, Getzlaf))

Hank and Dats have been mia on the road so far. Hopefully they can change that tonight! yowza.gif

#36 zettermaberg

zettermaberg

Come on Fhqwgads!

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

i love the switch of kopecky for calder. well played thumbup.gif

big things tonight in anaheim, and since i have to play softball tonight and will miss a period or so, i expect the wings will do me proud in my absence. i'll be listening from the dugout. winners, 4-2. GO WINGS!
“When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to drink a lot on Christmas and be drunk." - Pavel Datsyuk

Whatever keeps you skating like that, Pavel...

#37 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:29 PM

I don't know about tonight yet. Detroit is lucky that the series is where it is, the Ducks have really outplayed us, and they are the first team to be outshooting us in the playoffs. I think that Kopecky will add some more physicality, P.S. this means no Calder next year in my eyes. And if the Wings can throw some big checks early, and control the puck more than they have been I think we will win. THere have been too many turnovers, especially in our own zone, for me to be too comfortable with the series.

Wings need big checks, smarter defense, and to get back to puck posession and I say 3-1 Wings (Hasek is going to want to lower theat GAA again)

#38 kugz

kugz

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

should be a great game tonight. I can really see Bert actually stepping it up a gear and doin sumthin tonight, I'm expecting a goal from him. Kopecky, I think he will get his name on the game sheet but have a feeling it'll be a penalty, maybe a roughing.. might just try too hard to be a presence out there right away... either way i see the wings taking this one, goal.gif game winner will be from draper goal.gif

should be a great game tonight. I can really see Bert actually stepping it up a gear and doin sumthin tonight, I'm expecting a goal from him. Kopecky,

#39 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

TO ALL FANS:
The game day thread is for pre-game discussion only. If you want to discuss movies or how fortunes were made, please take it to the water cooler and keep the thread on track.
Now I have a pizza to get, so carry on.

GO WINGS!!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#40 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Go, Bert!!!
Go, Kopy!!
Go, Drapes!!! biggrin.gif

LET'S GO, RED WINGS!!!!! clap.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever