• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shdwx14

Hockeytown Authentics

Rate this topic

That I know of they are known for game used equipment, but if I just wanted a game replica new jersey or a players hat like they have a games for sale do they possibly offer items like that?!?! Is it a pretty big place? I'm really exciited to check it out!!!

They do have all varieties of players jerseys and hats for you to choose from.

I must say the first time I walked into that store, I have was let down a bit by the size... Maybe that was my fault for over inflating the size in my mind... nonetheless, it was a must see once in my life. I personally feel Fanatic U in Garden City has the same quality stuff at better prices, not to mention the ownership their is top notch.

And now after my last run in trying to get tickets from those lazy ass morons, i will never give them my business again.

Edited by OsGOD

That I know of they are known for game used equipment, but if I just wanted a game replica new jersey or a players hat like they have a games for sale do they possibly offer items like that?!?! Is it a pretty big place? I'm really exciited to check it out!!!

Yup - you can get those things there too (as well as your Tigers apparel). My husband and I tend to go before just about every game. We don't get to games or near there that often since we're from West MI, but it's fun to go. I like to look at the clothing (jerseys/sweatshirst/ect) there rather than at the game because it's easier to pick them up, look them over, ect where as at the games, its all behind a counter and you have to ask to see everything.

They also have a lot of little stuff - pins, magnets, pucks, keychains, ect. When you walk in, about 15 feet inside the door on the right you will see red lockers. Open then up and peek inside. There are game used items (gloves, helmets, skates) inside for sale! The game worn/signed jerseys are on the back wall behind the "glass". Have fun!!!

I am at Hockeytown Authentics at least once a week. They all know me there. It's great because it's 5 minutes away from my house.

They've got everything Red Wings you could possibly want. Plus, they've just came out with many new shirts for the playoffs. It's great.

ok, i'm from san diego and im in detroit on vacation til tomorrow. my dad is a detroit native and thats why im a wings fan. he'd been to HAs before but i'd never been so i had to go this time. AND BOY WAS I GLAD I DID!!!

its 5,000 square feet of pure wings bliss. game used sticks jerseys pucks hats shirts, you name it. it was everything i wanted and more. heres what i got (with prices).

KOHO Fischer jersey (authentic on ice style with fight strap, but his first #8) $50. (best deal in the store)

2 wings pint beer glasses (one with dats and one with zetter, both with wings logos) $3 each

ZETTER bobble head $5.

Wings "Captains shirt" with lids yzer and shanny, $5.

New Era MLB style 59/50 pro fitted wings hat, $27.

HUGE wings logo sticker for my back window of my car, $5.

so i made out like a bandit for around 100 bucks.

coolest thing in the store??? tie between a signed cambell all star Yzerman jersey ($750) and the 20-30 game used wings sticks (from 50 bucks for HUDS and LEBDA to 350 for the dats RBK "O" stick).

OVERALL: 5 stars awesome and a must see for any fan. you wont be dissapointed!

Yeah, I lived about 5 minutes away from it when I lived in Troy (before moving out here to Seattle in 2000). I played ice hockey at the Troy Sports Center for 4 years, so I would always stop in the store to check out the stuff. But don't forget to also check out The Goalies Den down the street. It's been around longer than Hockeytown Authentics and has some other Red Wings trinkets that the Authentics store doesn't have and stuff from other teams as well. It's more of a memorabilia store, but it's worth checking out. It's literally a mile down the street on the corner John R and Wattles.

I liked the store, they definitely had a lot of authentic stuff, but I was surprised that they didn't have more CCM or Reebok stuff...there was stuff that we sold in the store I worked at that they didn't have at Hockeytown Authentics...I was a bit disappointed by that...I figured I'd walk in and see everything Red Wings that was ever made but it wasn't like that at all

I liked the store, they definitely had a lot of authentic stuff, but I was surprised that they didn't have more CCM or Reebok stuff...there was stuff that we sold in the store I worked at that they didn't have at Hockeytown Authentics...I was a bit disappointed by that...I figured I'd walk in and see everything Red Wings that was ever made but it wasn't like that at all

I live about a mile from the place and I never get bored going in there. Very cool, lot of cool little things that should keep you busy for a while. While you are there you should check out the Troy Sports Center right behind it.

Their website may help you out a bit. Kinda crappy site, but it has a camera. to look around. ;)

http://www.yourtownhost.com/hockeytownauthentics/

overpriced and overhyped, but a must see (at least once) if you're a red wing fan.

same goes for hockeytown cafe too.

wow, you too? I was beginning to think I was the only one here thinking that.

I feel the same way. When I moved to Clinton Township I was so excited because I live 10-ish minutes away and figured I'd go there all the time. I imagined it to be this gargantuan place just filled wall to wall with Wings' stuff. It's cool and all, and I got decent deals on Hank and Ozzie signed pucks, but it was a pretty big letdown, and I don't go nearly as often as I thought I would.

I agree that it's overpriced and overhyped too but I still try to get there every once in a while. It's nice to see the framed photos and such. I'd love to own a few but at the prices they want you have to be wealthy.

Ok but dont question the authenticity of any of the game worn stuff. If you do you will have to deal with Kris Draper popping out from behind the jerseys on the rack to berate you.

Shopper: did draper really wear this?

BOING! (out pops Drapes)

Drapes: IMPUDENCE! You accursed mountebank! How dare you question the authenticity!! HIIIII-YA!

(Drapes BC two hands customer)

Shopper (with birds flying around his head chirping): Daaaah, Bingo Bango--Hockeytown Authentics is NO place for a nervous person.

Fin

(as in a snooty French way of telling you the movie is over, not how you tell jaws is in getting nearer, or a means of describing Valterri Fillpula.

Hey has anyone ever bought anything from there? please share, I went to the one at the Joe the last time I went to a Wings game and I must say it was a toatally awesome place but the stuff is very high priced. I wanted to get a game worn Homer helmet but it was like 80 bucks, and thats American Dollars (im Canadian). Next time im there though, I am saving up some money to buy that lid!!!

When ozzie was forced off the team I was able to score a game used Stick of his for $100.00. It has since been signed and is an awesome piece of our Ozzie collectibles :)

I have been there! The door handels are hockey sticks! When I went just as soon as you open the door,there was a chim that said welcome to hockeytown! When you walk in on the right wall,it was a painting of Yzerman hoisting the cup in a crowd!

I got a hockeytown sticker,and a game puck when I went! that was 2001 I think. I was up in Flint visting the wifes family,and drove all the way to Troy just to go there! I agree with I think it was Osgod,there prices are way to high,but its a must see once!

I got my Yzerman jersey from 1 800 WINGS 25,which it them,I paid 170 bucks for the thing! I didn't know better at the time. When to Flint that summer after i got it,and seen them at the mall in flint for 99 bucks,o'well!

I came really close to buying some of the old dasher boards a few years back. I was planning on making a bar out of it. Didn't have a place to store it though until I was ready.

I've bought some small things there, but I find it hard to pay the prices for alot of it.

yeah, had a business trip to detroit over a year ago and i went to both hockeytown authentics and hockeytown cafe.

although hockeytown authentics did have some really cool stuff, overall it wasn't what i imagined the place to be like. first off, it was much smaller than it looks on the commercials. and second, the prices on the really good stuff are very high. third, i thought the service was pretty poor. i spent well over an hour in the place and didn't have one person ask me if i needed any help. it's a good place to by t-shirts, hats, and game worn items, but you definitely pay a premium for the "hockeytown authentics" bag.

hockeytown cafe just had bad, bad food. the service was good and the decor is pretty cool, but the food was terrible. i ordered the steak sandwich and got something i wouldn't even classify as beef, let alone steak. also, i had a security guard threaten to take away my camera for taking a picture of the joint. he claimed some bs about trademark something or the other. pretty lame if you ask me.

Hey has anyone ever bought anything from there? please share, I went to the one at the Joe the last time I went to a Wings game and I must say it was a toatally awesome place but the stuff is very high priced. I wanted to get a game worn Homer helmet but it was like 80 bucks, and thats American Dollars (im Canadian). Next time im there though, I am saving up some money to buy that lid!!!

I have a good story. I have both a game used Osgood and Cujo stick from there. When I got the Cujo stick (ozzie was playing for the blues) I looked in the rack and the Osgood stick had a $25 price. Where else can you get a deal like that? If you have the ability to pop in frequently you can find good sales. If you don't it's worth seeing once. So...

red wing fan 19:

Hey has anyone ever bought anything from there? please share

read my post!!! (#6) i listed what i got and for how much.

yeah the good stuff is overpriced but where the hell can you find a Signed Stevie Y Cambell All Star jersey that you know with 100% certainty is authentic??? oh thats right no where. so 750 is rediculous but you pay for rarity.

NOTE: AT THE HOCKEYTOWN INSIDE JLA THEY HAVE A PRACTICE WORN PRACTICE JERSEY OF YZERS (NO NAME OR # JUST 19 WRITTEN ON THE INSIDE IN SHARPIE). ANY GUESSES AS TO HOW MUCH??????

1K? higher 2k? higher 4K? not quite. 4500 MOTHER EFFING DOLLARS!!!! and its not even signed!!!! now thats just retarded!

I have a good story. I have both a game used Osgood and Cujo stick from there. When I got the Cujo stick (ozzie was playing for the blues) I looked in the rack and the Osgood stick had a $25 price. Where else can you get a deal like that? If you have the ability to pop in frequently you can find good sales. If you don't it's worth seeing once. So...

Ozzie stick for $25?! Where the heck was I! Damn.

That seems like a steal to me! A hokey helmet goes for atleast 50...