• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Pistons vs. Wings

Rate this topic

Sorry, who or what are the Pistons?

Never heard of them!! :blink:

If you're serious, it's the professional basketball team here in Michigan. And if you're not serious, then I'm an idiot :unsure:

I like the Pistons and Tigers and Lions and all, but during the NHL playoffs, I don't even pay attention to the Pistons, I really just don't care about them right now.

link

Interesting article. I wish these two teams weren't playing on the same night tho. Tonight i am watching the first hr of the pistons game then switching to the wings game at 9. Wish i could watch them both.

I will be doing the same, watching pistons until the redwings are on, then bye pistons.

I am a huge sports fan in general and love hockey, football,basketball, baseball.

But when it comes to hockey, I will watch hockey and follow hockey before any otther sport.

I am like a walking hockey dictionary. I know so much about stats, history etc.

But I agree that its stupid that the two leagues conflicted with one another with puting games on the same night.

Oh well go wings!!!!! Cant wait till 9pm! :D:cool:

Guest jaytan

I'm much more into hockey than basketball, so obviously I care about the Wings more than the Pistons, but it is kind of cool to see them doing well again. I don't watch them much at all during the regular season, unless one of my basketball-loving roommates is in charge of the remote, but I've watched about 25-30 per cent of the Pistons' playoff run this year.

Same thing with baseball. It's a horribly boring sport, but when the Tigers made their run last season, I forced myself to watch as much of the playoffs as I could. :lol:

I'm much more into hockey than basketball, so obviously I care about the Wings more than the Pistons, but it is kind of cool to see them doing well again. I don't watch them much at all during the regular season, unless one of my basketball-loving roommates is in charge of the remote, but I've watched about 25-30 per cent of the Pistons' playoff run this year.

Same thing with baseball. It's a horribly boring sport, but when the Tigers made their run last season, I forced myself to watch as much of the playoffs as I could. :lol:

Yeah, I've always found baseball to be extremely boring, but I was definitely interested when the Red Sox came back against the Yanks in 04. And last season's Tigers run was something I'll never forget...that was incredibly exciting.

We are lucky...Tigers, Pistons, and Red Wings........now if only we could do something about those fricken Lions.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

Used to be a huge Pistons fans when I was little until I discovered hockey. I really dont care much but during the lockout I got into them a little bit again. I pay attention to how they're doing but I dont go out of my way to watch games.

Same here. I watch the Pistons occasionally, but really, basketball just isn't my sport so it's hard for me to really get into it. I watch them sometimes and follow their progress and stuff, but it's not a regular thing with me.

I've always liked baseball as my next favorite sport behind hockey. I played baseball a lot when I was little, and I enjoy watching the Tigers. It also helps that their a good team again. :cool:

I am only a Wings fan, they are the only team I pay any attention to, although I did jump on the Tigers Bandwagon in their playoffs last year, and expect to do the same this year! :D

Edited by Elshupacabra

I'll watch the first part of the Pistons game as well, then occasionally flip back to it during commercials and intermissions of the Wings game.

For me, it runs in this order:

Lions - *sigh* - Every Game.

Wings - Most Every Game, then all of them in the playoffs.

Pistons - Occasional until playoffs, then regularly barring conflict with the Wings.

Tigers - I watched a couple of playoff games, but I find baseball less interesting than Golf, and I hate golf.

I couldn't imagine not having my TV on a Wings game when they're playing. I think I would have a nervous breakdown if I didn't at the very least know what the score was. Especially during the playoffs. But I would still watch a pre-season Wings game before I watched a playoff Pistons game anyday. Not that the schedules would ever allow that to happen

I am really not against the NBA or anything, but what really makes me angry is when all anyone covers is the Pistons or the NBA. You look on ESPN and ESPN.com and all they're talking about is NBA. Even on local radio stations here in Detroit talk is mostly Pistons and Tigers, right now at the best time of the year for us hockey fans. I simply do not understand why the NHL takes the back door to every other sport on nearly every media source.

Something else that gets me angry is a lot of Pistons fans I know are constantly bashing the Red Wings and the NHL, is this just me or is it like this all over the place? jw

I've been watching the final scores of the Pistons games. Have 2 big Piston fans at work and 2 big Red Wing fans at work.

Secretly I want the Wings to win the Cup....while still basking in the glow of the Cup the Pistons their Championship. DUAL parade. 10 million people...everyone rejoices for months!

Then, the Tigers will win the World Series, and after an undefeated season the Lions win the Super Bowl.

Hey...I can dream, can't I???

I've been watching the final scores of the Pistons games. Have 2 big Piston fans at work and 2 big Red Wing fans at work.

Secretly I want the Wings to win the Cup....while still basking in the glow of the Cup the Pistons their Championship. DUAL parade. 10 million people...everyone rejoices for months!

Then, the Tigers will win the World Series, and after an undefeated season the Lions win the Super Bowl.

Hey...I can dream, can't I???

How AMAZING would that be?! LOL i'm all for a dual parade!

I mean I'm not really a basketball fan, most my family *relatives, etc.. are all Wings AND Pistons fans but I was never one to really watch them.* regardless I am always happy when any team from Detroit goes far and does great.

Honestly though? The article kinda pissed me off. I don't like the fact that they are comparing the two teams. It's not a competition, they are in the same town. We should be happy and cheering for 'em both!