• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Second line center

Rate this topic

I've been big on Handzus for a while now. He can play any position, he's a big body, and he plays defense. Look at what happened to Philadelphia after his departure. Hell, look at Chicago. They were playing well until he got hurt.

I also think Sundin would be great here if he's willing to sign for the right price. He's a big body to replace Lang on the second line, he's a Swede, and he's a veteran who has a history of coming through in the clutch. If he wants a chance to win before his career is over I can see him signing here.

Edited by ARice89

I've been big on Handzus for a while now. He can play any position, he's a big body, and he plays defense. Look at what happened to Philadelphia after his departure. Hell, look at Chicago. They were playing well until he got hurt.

I also think Sundin would be great here if he's willing to sign for the right price. He's a big body to replace Lang on the second line, he's a Swede, and he's a veteran who has a history of coming through in the clutch. If he wants a chance to win before his career is over I can see him signing here.

I completely forgot about Handzus. He'd be an awesome fit here. His injury concerns me though, but still, he would fit in well.

Sundin will not leave Toronto. If he doesn't sign a two-year deal this summer, then he'll go down to a one-year deal. It's basically been confirmed in just about every form of hockey media.

My concern is we'd be continuing what we're trying to get away from in not re-signing Lang. I want more mobility out of our #2 center...more speed, more youth. Simple question...who would you rather have next season as the #2 center, Sundin/Handzus or Datsyuk/Zetterberg? There is no UFA out there better than Dats or Z.

Chicago also has a guy named Martin Havlat, it wasn't just Handzus. Handzus is a good player, but no better or worse than Lang.

If the Leafs can't sign Sudin to a 2-yr deal, they would pick up his team option for next season rather than just let him walk.

Put Flip on the second line! The guys been great. The last thing we need is another center anyway.

No way Sundin comes here. No way.

I don't think Flip is ready for a full-time center roll just yet. I'd like to see him play wing on a line with Pav. I think it's also high time Huds got a legit chance. If we worked in house with some very talented young guys, we could save a lot of money, possibly spend it on a guy like Smyth or Bertuzzi.

Chicago also has a guy named Martin Havlat, it wasn't just Handzus. Handzus is a good player, but no better or worse than Lang.

Handzus is better than Lang.

Guest Agalloch

Handzus sucks. I'll pray by my bed every night for the Wings to not sign him if I have to. The guy wants four million a year, too. Ridiculous.

Guest Agalloch

Half dozen in one hand, 6 in the other... Handzus averages about 38 points per year, Lang 45 points per year, very similar players....equally as ugly too....

Hell no about the ugliness. Handzus is far worse in that aspect too.

http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers...s/bios/2206.JPG

If I had to look at that for a whole year, I'd be throwing up every gameday.

Hell no about the ugliness. Handzus is far worse in that aspect too.

http://images.comcast-spectacor.com/flyers...s/bios/2206.JPG

If I had to look at that for a whole year, I'd be throwing up every gameday.

I think everyone's rushing to pick up offense when what we really need to do is put any

available cash towards signing Bertuzzi and then a top notch goalie...

datz/zetterburg/holmstrom

hudler/fillpula/bertuzzi

maltby/draper/cleary

franzen/ellis/kopecky

lidstrom/kronwall

schneider/quincy

lebda/lilja

I'm not sure who the best available goalies will be but I'm sure there will be at least

2 that could come in and not only be great but be someone that could be signed for

multiple years

I think everyone's rushing to pick up offense when what we really need to do is put any

hudler/fillpula/bertuzzi

maltby/draper/cleary

franzen/ellis/kopecky

lidstrom/kronwall

schneider/quincy

lebda/lilja

I'm not sure who the best available goalies will be but I'm sure there will be at least

2 that could come in and not only be great but be someone that could be signed for

multiple years

That line would get dominated , bert would have to do everything

And you D is messed , Markov and Cheli should be back , Kronwall wont play with Lidstrom

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I'm going to let Kenny Holland make this decision... so you guys can duke it out but it all means nothing in the end, period.

Well shoot then...we might as well shut down letsgowings.com and just sit back and watch it all play out...not much use in having these discussions if we can't actually make the decisions...

:P

hudler/fillpula/bertuzzi

maltby/draper/cleary

franzen/ellis/kopecky

lidstrom/kronwall

schneider/quincy

lebda/lilja

multiple years

If you sign Bert and Matty, forget about any other UFA signings. We wouldn't have the cap space. Giggy is the only real proven goalie that will be a UFA. There is no way we would fit him in with Bert and Matty. I'd rather have Markov back at about the same $2.5 then Matty at the $4+ he will most likely ask.

The Wings should dump Markov and Schneider and sign Hamrlik. He is essentially a hybrid version of Markov and Schneider - A physical Dman with offensive talent and a good point guy.

Lidstorm-Hamrlik

Kronwall-Lebda

Chelios-Quincey-Lilja

Half dozen in one hand, 6 in the other... Handzus averages about 38 points per year, Lang 45 points per year, very similar players....equally as ugly too....
Except Handzus plays defense and kills penalties.

I dont know where people are getting this "Handzus is so great" stuff. Hes huge, but a complaint from a lot of Philly fans was that he doesnt use his regular size advantage enough. Add on to the fact that he is already slow AND that hes had a knee injury and...you're looking at a more defensive version of Robert Lang who has a little more trouble putting the bisket in the basket, has been off for the entire season, and was more suited for the old NHL.

Put him aside Havlat and hell do wonders, but who wouldnt? Put him aside what Detroit has to offer and youll be sorely disappointed.

The Wings should dump Markov and Schneider and sign Hamrlik. He is essentially a hybrid version of Markov and Schneider - A physical Dman with offensive talent and a good point guy.

Lidstorm-Hamrlik

Kronwall-Lebda

Chelios-Quincey-Lilja

Are you serious? The guy is a career -71!! He wouldn't even be the 3rd best dman on our team. Nick, Lebda, Kronner, and Cheli all get the nod before he does in my book. Not to mention the $4+ he will get paid this offseaon. That'd be a poor choice.

Why spend $4-5 mil on a #2 center when we have two of the best centers in the NHL on our roster?

Why put it towards a #2 center when you can provide that cash towards a number one center like Scott Gomez also. Handzus has never really impressed me.