• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drw13

Holmstrom Hit from Behind

Rate this topic

OK So the announcer on VS just said that they are going after him because he is annoying. So you take a run at a guy and try to end his season with a dirty hit, yeah Mike Emeric that makes a ton of sense. Why are people defending those two. If it was Bertuzzi and Quincey would they still be talking about it this way.

Ok...first, thankfully Homer's back, now whether he's 100% is another story.

Both players should be suspended. Those defending Niedermayer need to look at the play again more closely. I have TIVO and watched it a few times. Niderwussy never took his eyes off Homer and ran at him from one side of the ice to the other without slowing down, in fact he sped up as he approached the boards. Dirty stuff in my mind. It's like he was thinking "Homer's scored two tonight, he's not scoring any more in this game or any other". Cheap sh*t worthy of a suspension.

Pronger....well it's like this with him every year, year in year out. I wonder where his wife will want him to play next year, the worthless ***** whipped turd.

Anyone think the league will react to this situation similar to the Calgary suspension/finings because of the situation of the game? By that I mean a game in which the score is decidedly one-sided, not to mention Anaheim has some reputation this season leading the league in majors...

Just wondering if any fans out there thinking something along those lines.

Since when did the NHL institute a 2-for-1 deal rule? Call me a homer, but they both should have gotten 5 and a game for that hit. Apparently if we send 2 guys up to give Getzlaf or someone a nice BC 2 hander at the exact same time, only one will get a penalty.

Glad to see Homer back out there at least :thumbup:

no one cares about hockey in Anahiem, It's not like Edmonton, Detroit, Toronto, etc. where hockey players are treated like kings. So I don't think Pronger will have that many opportunities to cheat on his wife

Dont know if anyone posted this yet...

Pics of the Holmstrom hit

It's more than clear that they both need a suspension after seeing these

Thanks. At least from these pics...I don't see why Pronger wasn't ejected instead. Thats nuts.

Oh well, whatever it takes to fire up the guys (and beat Pronger's ass in the process). Homer's OK, so its time to tear prong a new one.

Its okay its going to be nice to hear about prongers legacy and all of his..... ummm maybe his lack of cup rings.... man his hand is going to feel rather light.... espically compared to homers... hahha... Pronger... the choke artist....

You think this'll put a stop to all those lovey-dovey stories about the Niedermayer brothers and how Scott got a Cup but Rob didn't and Scott was all sad for his brother and Rob joined the Ducks just to have a special Cup of his very own despite the fact that he clearly got the shallow end of the gene pool in the hockey department? :D

By the way, since I'm about 2600 miles from any continent right now, would someone care to fill me in on the crowd reaction? I need to know whether or not I should be hating on Anaheim fans at the Pond ;)

You think this'll put a stop to all those lovey-dovey stories about the Niedermayer brothers and how Scott got a Cup but Rob didn't and Scott was all sad for his brother and Rob joined the Ducks just to have a special Cup of his very own despite the fact that he clearly got the shallow end of the gene pool in the hockey department? :D

By the way, since I'm about 2600 miles from any continent right now, would someone care to fill me in on the crowd reaction? I need to know whether or not I should be hating on Anaheim fans at the Pond ;)

The crowd cheered for the hit. Hate on.

Vintage Pronger: gooning it up and not being penalized. And everyone wouldn't stop fellating him over his newfound "maturity" last year. Yeah, right. It's the same old Pronger we've been booing for years. I hate this meathead.

Did I hear right? The Ducks had 70 majors during the regular season? I knew they were the most penalized team but 70 majors. A team that plays that dirty is not worthy of lifting the Cup.

There should be some rule where If you have so many majors, you are disqualified from the playoffs...

The problem with calling intent to injure is that it's an automatic match penalty, which means that Pronger would be automatically suspended until a hearing is arranged. That's a tough call for a ref to make when he doesn't have the luxury of a replay. Better just to let the league handle it.