• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drw13

Holmstrom Hit from Behind

Rate this topic

I disagree. Niedermayer did hit Holmstrom from behind as much as Pronger did, but Niedermayer at least made an attempt to play the body, while on the replay you can see Pronger has his hands up with the sole purpose of driving Holmstrom's head into the glass. If he doesn't do that, I don't think Tomas gets hurt all that badly.

And I disagree with that -- Niedermayer was locked in on Holmstrom across the zone, and if he did lay that hit himself it was still from behind and still when Holmstrom was in an unprotected and vulnerable position.

Pronger compounded things by going high.

I liked how the announcer on Versus was trying to kinda excuse the hit by saying the reason why he hit high was because Pronger is a big guy. Freakin Holmstrom is no midget himself, that was totally intentional

OK So the announcer on VS just said that they are going after him because he is annoying. So you take a run at a guy and try to end his season with a dirty hit, yeah Mike Emeric that makes a ton of sense. Why are people defending those two. If it was Bertuzzi and Quincey would they still be talking about it this way.

Works for me. I find the VS guys annoying and am pleased to know I have thier blessing to bash their skulls.

Edited by arpawocky

I don't know if anyone posted this on this hit, I just got back from the bar I was watching the game at but: After the hit on Homer I was PISSED! I wanted someone to kill Pronger and Nytermeyer, someone like Bert. But I must say the way that Babcock held off and didn't get an unnessessary penalty it showed that we have more class than to go out a bruse them up as would the Preds. Either way I was glad to see us bring it on to Gigurre early on, and I was pleased when Homer got back on the ice. I thought it was a bit nuts when he did, but it is the playoffs and it was a great morale booster, go you Homer!

The problem with calling intent to injure is that it's an automatic match penalty, which means that Pronger would be automatically suspended until a hearing is arranged. That's a tough call for a ref to make when he doesn't have the luxury of a replay. Better just to let the league handle it.

Agree completely...though my faith in the NHL making the right decision in ANY matter has been severely tested as of late.

And I disagree with that -- Niedermayer was locked in on Holmstrom across the zone, and if he did lay that hit himself it was still from behind and still when Holmstrom was in an unprotected and vulnerable position.

Pronger compounded things by going high.

They should both be gone for the next game, and Pronger for Game 4 also.

TSN on the ball, no commentary.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207856&hubname=nhl

There should be some rule where If you have so many majors, you are disqualified from the playoffs...

:clap: I agree!

Anyone can be a thug...it takes a real man to be a Stanley Cup Champion.

From what I have seen and heard, not one player in a Duck uniform is worthy of that honor.

Pronger and Niedermeyer should be out for the series, next series if applicable, and possibly the start of next season too.

Umm, yes it was a suspend worthy hit, but one game is enough.

There should be some rule where If you have so many majors, you are disqualified from the playoffs...

Most of those were fighting majors. And actually according to hockeyfights.com, they had 71 fighting majors, so they either had more than 70, or fewer than 71 fights.

By the way, where are all the ducks fans? I assumed they would have been here to defend Chris "*****-whipped" Pronger :lol:

was it so bad that they don't even attempt it?

Once again no Skunks "fans" in here after a thorough ass whipping.

Yeah, those Wings sure can't play 5 on 5.

Nope, they suck.

Hopefully there will be no more of that ridiculous line of posting.

5-0 punking on home ice.

PHUCK YOU DUCKS!

Way to go Malts poking that f*cker Getzlaf in the eye with the "accidental high stick."

OOPS!

They mighta drawn first blood with Holmer but Malts evened it up.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

I agree that we need to get a little revenge for it, but that high stick seemed to be really accidental not "accidental" like you suggested. But furthermore I would hope we wouldn't do it on pourpose, kicking a guys ass in a fight is one thing, but potentally blinding him is something completely different

Pronger better get suspended! Something is wrong if he doesn't!!!

im sorry but you guys are being little bitchy about this hit. if holmstrom had gotten up from that hit noone would be saying it was a cheap hit. the hit was not a cheap illegal hit. Holmstrom got laid out and hit his eye on the glass and thats why he bleed.

Be nice to Pronger. He gets enough flak for being p*ssy-whipped by the wifey.

And yes, he should be suspended for Game 4.

BTW, if the thing about the reporter is true, does anyone else think it's funny that he got moved to Los Angeles, home of about 9 bagillion reporters? Wouldn't that be like trading Randy Moss to Colombia or something?

-Tim

im sorry but you guys are being little bitchy about this hit. if holmstrom had gotten up from that hit noone would be saying it was a cheap hit. the hit was not a cheap illegal hit. Holmstrom got laid out and hit his eye on the glass and thats why he bleed.

:lol::lol::lol:

idiot