• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 3 (5/15): Red Wings 5, Ducks 0

Rate this topic

the officiating wasn't entirely horrible tonight other than snagging niedermyer instead of pronger.

other than that, the game was damn clean and i'm suprised anaheim didn't try to start taking cheap shots toward the end of the game like calgary did.

excellent game and i love how right after michelin man left, breezegaloff (intentional misspelling) got scored on!

Marchant is third star over Hasek....riiiiight

2nd star: Flip

1st: Homer

Haha are you serious??? I can think of about 8 Red Wings who had a better game then Marchant did.

Did they praise him for not joining in on his typical goonery/cheapshotting? Was that the reason?

What a game. I am loving it.

So pleased to see we showed them what were are truely made of.

Great game of The dominator, posting a shutout.

Pisses me off about Pronger and Neidermayer though.

I would love to see some suspenions handed out.

Anyways, way to go Wings, lets do the damn thanggg in game four and bring it to Detroit up 3 games to 1!!

So excited for Thursday night!

How the hell does a team that lost 5-0 get a star?

And how does Hasek not get one? He was magnificent in the first period and he had a few huge ones late....

-Tim

Damn, I wish I hadn't switched to the Fox feed, I would have loved to see Homer interviewed.

Anyway, Larry Murphy said it should be a 1 game suspension for Pronger upon review. That would be great for him to get suspended, then go up 3-1, the stranglehold.

Yeah, how the hell does an anaheim player get a star after a 5-0 loss? And how doesn't Hasek get a star after stopping all 29 shots? Is it just me or is it DEE^3

The Ducks just attended Hockey 101...they got schooled big time. That was perfection on the ice tonight. This team held it together even when the Ducks were intentionally trying to injure them.

There are no words to describe Homer coming back after that hit. I believe that he was channeling a bit of Stevie from the 2001/2002 season and fighting through it for the team.

Next on the Ducks schedule....Class 101 - How to Handle Defeat Gracefully

all the TSN guys are saying Pronger might get suspended for that hit. They said Pronger didn't have a hit up to that point, it was 4-0, and Pronger and Holmstrom had been going at eachother all night, the hit was from behind and it was a obvious headshot. Im hoping he gets atl least a game, that would be huge on our behalf, it would look good on Pronger too.

WAY TO GO Jiggy!!! :D

IPB Image

NOTICE!!

Compare pad sizes as jigger skates away and as breezegaaaalllllofffff skates towards...

RESUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Props to Babs. What a coach. Gotta give him a LOT of credit this season.

Amen to that. People will always try to run him down with the bus when we're losing, trying to lump him with Dave Lewis as yet another coach who can't win with this talent - but get serious. Babcock is a helluva coach. This team does not have half of the supposed "experience" and offensive depth(supposedly) of past Red Wings teams. But they're faster, tougher, and playing tremendously together. A lot of credit has to go to Babs, and his lineup juggling tonight was genius - especially the Filppula/Homer combo. Splitting up the top line took guts, but it worked to perfection. And his defensive philosophy speaks for itself. Just look at our GAA and shots against all season long.

Another great win by the Wings and another great shutout game by Hasek. Even after Detroit eliminated my Sharks, I was hoping the Wings would go on to the Cup, mainly because I didn't like the Ducks, but now I'm actually beginning to like this Wings team.

BTW I wonder if the league will have the guts to overrule the on-ice officials and suspend Pronger instead of Niedermayer? It looked to me after watching many replays that it was Pronger not Niedermayer that went for the head shot.

why in the holy hell is Marchant awarded the third star in this game?? Not Dom? Homer is #1, Flip #2, and Marchant is #3???

Someone more informed than me, please explain this one.... :rolleyes:

It should be

#1 Homer

#2 Dom

#3 Lidstrom

Or something like that