• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bullocks

Holmstrom: Should he have come back to play?

Rate this topic

Guest bullocks

Do you think Detroit should have sat Holmstrom in the third, i mean not putting him back on the ice at all to play off a bit of an injury...because the NHL will take that into consideration when looking to suspend Pronger. What do you think?

Nonsense. The blatant intent to injure will influence any decision to suspend. What happened on tape is the most important thing.

That being said, I think it was important for Homer to come back tonight so that any feelings of accomplishment that the Ducks had after trying to take Homer out ARE CRUSHED. *******.

Guest bullocks

Nonsense. The blatant intent to injure will influence any decision to suspend. What happened on tape is the most important thing.

That being said, I think it was important for Homer to come back tonight so that any feelings of accomplishment that the Ducks had after trying to take Homer out ARE CRUSHED. *******.

yes, but the nhl is stupid in these cases....theyll look if the player was injured also...but we have many things in our favour...hit from behind, hit from the head from behind, intent to injure, being down 4-0, holmstrom pissing off the ducks all night...i see a suspension for sure

and on holmstrom comming back on the ice, made me one happy f*****!!

yes, but the nhl is stupid in these cases....theyll look if the player was injured also...but we have many things in our favour...hit from behind, hit from the head from behind, intent to injure, being down 4-0, holmstrom pissing off the ducks all night...i see a suspension for sure

and on holmstrom comming back on the ice, made me one happy f*****!!

I think I'd consider giving my left nut to have those 2 give suspensions...Anyone else, and I think they might consider it. Given who it was, I won't hold my breath. Game 4 down 2-1, they won't suspend them IMO. :angry:

I could care less about him sitting in the playoffs. If they don't have the balls to do it now, give him 10 games next year. Call it an even trade as playoffs are infinitely more important. Bottom line is this lunacy has to stop.

Good idea, but I agree that Homer wouldn't go for it. Still it was good to hear he was back out there.

Besides even if the Wings did sit Homer to play up the illegal, cowardly, ruthless hits; the NHL is too mamby-pamby to send a real message that those kind of hits don't belong in the game.

No offense....but who cares if he "should" have came back? Nobody on this board has any idea as to how he was feeling compared to what the coaches and he knows. I'm just glad he came back....it shows he's fine and it also shows the Ducks that we aren't going to be intimidated by how dirty they want to play.

Yes Holmstrom should have come back. It gives the "screw you", "nice try", and "you're going to have to beat us on the scoreboard" to Anahiem.

Suspension or no, as mentioned in another post, just wait until Game 5. The fans at The Joe will be all over Pronger. I hope it's an elimination game.

Believe it or not, one of the guys on another BB I'm onactually claimed that Homer was at fault because he was "admiring his pass" and should have saw the hit coming and avoided it.

Believe it or not, one of the guys on another BB I'm onactually claimed that Homer was at fault because he was "admiring his pass" and should have saw the hit coming and avoided it.

You always get those meat heads who say hits like that "are part of the game" and "he should have had his head up". I'm not surprised.

Guest bullocks

Put it this way; If Radulov got suspended for his hit on i think bernier earlier in the playoffs...that definately should be a suspension.

f*** that c***!

I could care less about him sitting in the playoffs. If they don't have the balls to do it now, give him 10 games next year. Call it an even trade as playoffs are infinitely more important. Bottom line is this lunacy has to stop.

I'd just add/amend - when are they gonna start handing out the 10 games in a proper manner? For instance: Pronger should be suspended for his next 10 games vs. the Detroit Red Wings. I don't care if he gets traded 13x during his 10 game stint.....Why should San Jose or the Nucks or perhaps 10 OTHER teams reap the benefit, next reg season, from the Wings 'losing' a player from last yrs WCF?

(I'm just using tonight's game as an example here.)

You're damned right he should have come back out. It's part of the Wings' attitude this year that I absolutely love. It goes kind of like this: "f*** you. I'm going to play the best goddamned hockey I can. I'm not looking for the refs to win any games for us. We're not going to be baited into any bulls***. You want some of this? Come and get it. I'm going to get right back up and get right back at it. Hit me in the head, you useless piece of s***, I don't care because I'm going to win this ******* game."

Sorry for the profanity.

This is an attitude that the Wings haven't had for a while so it's good to see.

You're damned right he should have come back out. It's part of the Wings' attitude this year that I absolutely love. It goes kind of like this: "f*** you. I'm going to play the best goddamned hockey I can. I'm not looking for the refs to win any games for us. We're not going to be baited into any bulls***. You want some of this? Come and get it. I'm going to get right back up and get right back at it. Hit me in the head, you useless piece of s***, I don't care because I'm going to win this ******* game."

Sorry for the profanity.

This is an attitude that the Wings haven't had for a while so it's good to see.

Nice rage - that's how I feed about Prongass right now. But, since it was 4-0 we didn't really need him out there and i was kind of worried about him. Gotta hand it to the guy for coming back and yucking it up at the Ducks. What a bunch of undisciplined f*uckers. Such a disgrace.

I know i loved seeing him come back, but as much as we were all pumped up about him coming back, there really was no need for him to risk any further injury. Sure, it was great that everyone was wanthing him to get a hat trick, but in the long term that would be a really trivial trade off if he were to end up having to miss any games. His helmet came off again in the third as two ducks went after him in the corner. What if his condition is worse than it appeared to be at the time? It is easy to sit back now that everything looks to be fine with him, but everyone would be all over the coach if he had gotten hurt in the third. Holmstrom is being recognized as the important player he is and there is no need to risk losing him in a game that we were dominating in.