• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Team of Destiny

Rate this topic

I know it's one game at a time, but after tonight I can't help but say what I feel, and what I know is on the tip of so many Red Wings fans tongue's. This team, this Detroit Red Wings club, will win the cup this year. We are only six wins away. After tonight we proved we have the one piece missing from our last 3 attempts, we have the desire. Dats and Z are having outstanding post seasons, Homer taking that hit and then coming out to finish the game, our role players stepping up, our PK guys on fire and the best goaltender in the league!!! I'm calling it right now... who's with me?

I know it's one game at a time, but after tonight I can't help but say what I feel, and what I know is on the tip of so many Red Wings fans tongue's. This team, this Detroit Red Wings club, will win the cup this year. We are only six wins away. After tonight we proved we have the one piece missing from our last 3 attempts, we have the desire. Dats and Z are having outstanding post seasons, Homer taking that hit and then coming out to finish the game, our role players stepping up, our PK guys on fire and the best goaltender in the league!!! I'm calling it right now... who's with me?

I've been really impressed with the Wings playoff year, but it wasn't until after this game, that I sat back and said "I think they are going to win the Stanley Cup this year."

I am also impress with Ottawa, so I would love to see our team match up for a 7 game series with the Sens. But as usual we still have to finish off a very good Ducks team so I don't want to get to far ahead of myself.

LET'S GO RED WINGS

I am also impress with Ottawa, so I would love to see our team match up for a 7 game series with the Sens. But as usual we still have to finish off a very good Ducks team so I don't want to get to far ahead of myself.

LET'S GO RED WINGS

eHorn I normally feel the same way but this game changed me. Besides not wanting to get to far ahead of yourself is funny coming from someone with the title "Red Wings 2007 Stanley Cup Champions" under their avatar. :lol:

Guest jaytan

Whoa.... I'm not about to say all of that!

Let's just watch how it plays out. If we do win, then great, but I don't believe in "destiny".

We're happy to have given this gift to you, it took no real effort, as you can see.

DUCKS IN 2! :yowza:

Apparently Anaheim fans are just as bad at math as they are at watching hockey. Ask Giggy how much effort the Wings put forth this game, he had a great view from the bench! Oh and your teams is down 2-1, which means it would take 3...not 2 wins to elminate the Wings, I guess I shouldn't nitpick it's not going to happen anyway. Hey at least you can say the weather is better in Cali. You've got us there.

Hasek's in a zone.

The coaching staff is making adjustments that work.

The players are responding to those changes.

I won't anger the hockey gods by saying ANYTHING about the SCF though.

Curious, do you people say "It's gonna be a Shutout" with 10 minutes left to play in the 3rd period too?

Good gawd!

Hasek's in a zone.

The coaching staff is making adjustments that work.

The players are responding to those changes.

I won't anger the hockey gods by saying ANYTHING about the SCF though.

Curious, do you people say "It's gonna be a Shutout" with 10 minutes left to play in the 3rd period too?

Good gawd!

KCfan

Not usually but tonight I called it with about 10min's left in the second period. I knew Dom was on his game and the Wings were playing so well!

I will admit that there definitely is something about this team. Not a "funny feeling" or anything... but just a quiet confidence, I guess.

At times when this playoff run has had the emotions of fans swinging from one end of the pendulum to the other with every win or loss... I haven't really lost any faith at all.

Just confident that when everything is on the line this team will get the job done... Kind of goes back to that Winston Churchill quote I put in the playoff bracket wallpaper for the Conference Finals.

I will admit that there definitely is something about this team. Not a "funny feeling" or anything... but just a quiet confidence, I guess.

At times when this playoff run has had the emotions of fans swinging from one end of the pendulum to the other with every win or loss... I haven't really lost any faith at all.

Just confident that when everything is on the line this team will get the job done... Kind of goes back to that Winston Churchill quote I put in the playoff bracket wallpaper for the Conference Finals.

What was the quote?

After tonight we proved we have the one piece missing from our last 3 attempts, we have the desire.

I thought you were going to say "we have a goalie"

-Tim

Edited by Packer487

I'm not that confident yet. I love this team, and i see something special, but I have yet to see a game where I think at the end "no one will take us down this year." I think beating the Ducks in this series will really help ease our minds.

What was the quote?

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job."

That pretty much says it for me.

I hear what you guys are saying, but Anaheim didnt exactly play a good game at all... their is still a lot of hockey to be played...

Detroit came out gangbusters from the 1st minute of the game. And its because Anaheim didnt play well? I thought Detroit played awesome, and Anaheim played well in the first 10 minutes or so. It wasnt until the 2nd period that the wheels feel off for Anaheim. I cant imagine that the 2-0 score had nothing to do with that.

Either way, the Ducks played very well in the first 2 games and only came out with 1 OT win that was, even now, a little questionable. If Anaheim was playing like Detroit was in the first 2 games, and Detroit was playing like Anaheim in the first 2 games, then it speaks volumes about Detroit when we nail them 5-0.

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job."

That pretty much says it for me.

Absolutely beautiful....

The mere fact of beating them this bad in their own building after their OT winner in Detroit is a great momentum shift. I know the Ducks will battle hard in game 4 to tie the series, but we still have a 5-0 shutoiut, and our guys had no problem dealing with it. This makes me believe we can steal game 4 (maybe) and then with the 3-1 edge go back to Detroit for game 5 and finish them there.... usually when teams have these kinds of meltdowns its either that they will come and play hard, or, that there is an impending doom that is waitng for them in just 2 more games. I thought every game in the series would be close, I was wrong... lets hope that the Wings can build off this and put the Ducks away in 5.

^I think this is just a testament to Mike Babcock's adjustments. After two games, these two teams were keeping it close, but wow, I'm just in awe of tonight's performance. I'm really not trying to suck up, but it looked like you guys were playing the L.A. Kings out there. It's just a combination of you guys really playing well, and our guys skating as if it was Disney on Ice or something.

I'll be there on Thursday, rooting them on until the final buzzer, and again for any subsequent games (that is, if you guys let up just a little, please? :( )

I love this Wings team more than any in the past decade and believe me that is saying A LOT. There is just something special about them this year..

I'll talk about it later...if we get the job done. But shhhhhh people. Let's do it first! ;)

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I won't say anything until we reach that 16th win. until then, anything can happen. Thats why the games are played. This team is good, and is as capable as any to win the cup. We are in the top 4 right now, and that in itself is more than any one of us would have expected. But I am not satisfied with that. We have a legit shot of winning it all, but we got a lot of hockey left to play before that happens.

Guest Crymson

Booyah!

Who believed at the start of the season?