• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

oh where oh where have all the ducks fans gone

Rate this topic

^My baby formula is just about ready.

Like I've said before, even if we are eliminated, I'm sticking around on this forum. As a new hockey fan, I'm intrigued by NHL history, and I love their fans. I decided to join the forum where I expected to find passionate fans, and I'm not dissapointed.

Hopefully, Anaheim can keep up with you guys to make it a series, but if not, I find it beneficial for myself to stick around and break my reputation as a hockey "noob."

Like I've said before, even if we are eliminated, I'm sticking around on this forum. As a new hockey fan, I'm intrigued by NHL history, and I love their fans. I decided to join the forum where I expected to find passionate fans, and I'm not dissapointed.

Hopefully, Anaheim can keep up with you guys to make it a series, but if not, I find it beneficial for myself to stick around and break my reputation as a hockey "noob."

well i think i can speak for eveyone on here and say we hope you stay on here with us no matter what happens. we love to have HOCKEY fans on the board no matter what.

I would love to hear some insight from ducks fans after game three. This series is still far from over. Lots of hockey yet to be played. Remember the Wings were down 2-1 last round

I would love to hear some insight from ducks fans after game three. This series is still far from over. Lots of hockey yet to be played. Remember the Wings were down 2-1 last round

I would have responded sooner, but I was the Duck fan chosen to wipe down all the Teemu Selanne posters after ..... well you know, what the previous poster said above.

Hey, we laid an egg. Babcock made great adjustments and the Wings executed them almost flawlessly.

Now we're just waiting to find out if

a) Rob Niedermayer or Chris Pronger will be suspended

b) How long?

Bob McKenzie on tsn said there's quite a few things to be considered in the decision, but he's saying at most, it looks like one game. Personally, that's a bit light. It's one thing to get frustrated; it's another thing to injure. I got busted in another post about being "worried" when my son gets hit in a hockey game, but the hit that Holmstrom took was almost identical to the one that my son took, so that tells you where I stand.

And stop bagging on Bertuzzi. I don't like him; never have; never will. But the guy still has a $20M lawsuit in court that hasn't been settled yet. Do you think he's going headhunting when anything that's even barely over the line will just be another example for that Avs player's (Morris??) attorney to show in court whether it applies to his situation or not??

Hope the Ducks players go to bed and wake up and have their memory banks erased over this game.

Good win for you and well deserved.

exactly, it ain't over yet

Good luck in game 4. I'm guessing most of your Ducks got a pretty good 'yelling at / talking to' for the last few hours. They are ALL going to bed without dessert or a story. They've got some serious thinking to do.

Would not surprise me at all to have this series at 2-2 after game 4.

Honestly - good for you for chiming in after a pretty bad beating.

Kudos to the Ducks fans who are posting after a bad loss. I think enticing people to come take some crap after their team lost is unecessary though....

We'll see what happens Thursday. I'm crossing my fingers for more good hockey, and less goonery. Really I hope noone else gets hurt. Carlyle (sp?) needs to get ahold of his team.

Yeah, we just need to get over this hump of discouragement. Detroit was Championship-caliber tonight, and we played with our tail between our legs. Rob's shot on Holmstrom was definitely poor sportsmanship, and I'm sad to see him do that after so many years in the league. I think Pronger brought his stick up too high, but I really wouldn't be suprised if the league didn't suspend him. Just keep in mind, if any idiot Ducks fan on here says they enjoyed seeing Holmstrom get hit, they are just tools.

I hate seeing people take cheap shots like that. I expect better from Niedermayer, but I guess Scott is the only one with real respect for other players.

Yeah, we just need to get over this hump of discouragement. Detroit was Championship-caliber tonight, and we played with our tail between our legs. Rob's shot on Holmstrom was definitely poor sportsmanship, and I'm sad to see him do that after so many years in the league. I think Pronger brought his stick up too high, but I really wouldn't be suprised if the league didn't suspend him. Just keep in mind, if any idiot Ducks fan on here says they enjoyed seeing Holmstrom get hit, they are just tools.

I hate seeing people take cheap shots like that. I expect better from Niedermayer, but I guess Scott is the only one with real respect for other players.

well just to let you know how i feel..i think pronger should get it not niedermayer..i thnk his was a clean shoulder hit..if pronger wouldn't have came in after hm to the head we wouldn't be talking about this.

I would have posted earlier but I have a final tomorrow and studying came before message boards.

I wish I could give an excuse for tonight but we flat out got beat. We didn't play well at all and you guys capitalized on our mistakes big time.

Pronger is a goon and should have been ejected, not Robby. Robby was should finishing his check and Pronger was definitely going up high on purpose.

The game tonight took a lot of confidence out of me but luckily I know that this is not the Ducks team I watched all season. I think they will come out much better with their season on the line.

Good luck in game 4!

I would have posted earlier but I have a final tomorrow and studying came before message boards.

I wish I could give an excuse for tonight but we flat out got beat. We didn't play well at all and you guys capitalized on our mistakes big time.

Pronger is a goon and should have been ejected, not Robby. Robby was should finishing his check and Pronger was definitely going up high on purpose.

The game tonight took a lot of confidence out of me but luckily I know that this is not the Ducks team I watched all season. I think they will come out much better with their season on the line.

Good luck in game 4!

Im not hiding either. I just got home from the game and dinner. Ducks got outplayed and didnt show any sign of life. Red Wings and Babcock figured out how to beat Jiggy. Exactly what I said yesterday about Detroit going at it wrong but they have had the backdoor all series. Im hoping to see Bryz Thursday, Babcock did his homework. Ducks have a 10 minute thing. You enjoy a win for 10 minutes after, you take in a loss for 10 minutes and forget. They wont linger but hopefully they will come out to play Thurs, this was a joke of an effort. They played a good 10 minutes in period one and then it was OVER. They had a game like this against Chicago at home earlier this season but havent played that bad again until tonight. Props to Detroit for putting on quite a display tonight.

pretty much all i gotta say is we got the s*** kicked outta us...i give mad props to the red wings dominating in our building....i think they figured out giguere pretty much....i have nothing to say on the holmstrom hit cuz i havent really seen it cleanly just little shots here and there....definetly the atmosphere at the honda center sucked no doubt...hopefully this is a wake up call to my boys...i expect a diff team on thursday or this series will be over no doubt about it....

Im not hiding either. I just got home from the game and dinner. Ducks got outplayed and didnt show any sign of life. Red Wings and Babcock figured out how to beat Jiggy. Exactly what I said yesterday about Detroit going at it wrong but they have had the backdoor all series. Im hoping to see Bryz Thursday, Babcock did his homework. Ducks have a 10 minute thing. You enjoy a win for 10 minutes after, you take in a loss for 10 minutes and forget. They wont linger but hopefully they will come out to play Thurs, this was a joke of an effort. They played a good 10 minutes in period one and then it was OVER. They had a game like this against Chicago at home earlier this season but havent played that bad again until tonight. Props to Detroit for putting on quite a display tonight.

Hey Getzlaf15, I am going to give you props here.

Most people who want to come around taking trash do it based on little fact and lots of stupidity. After reading this I think you may just be one who is knowledgeable about the game, and just happen to be on the confident side. You've said some things to people that aggrivated me in a couple posts over the last few days that made me question that.

HOWEVER, when things didn't wash your team's way you came back to admit the facts of the game, and you were just as hard on your team as you were on some of our posters after the first couple of games. Anybody that pays attention knows both of these teams run a solid line on every shift, and they wouldn't be here if they didn't. So I for one appriciate someone who can take their bumps as well as they give them out, good post.

I would have responded sooner, but I was the Duck fan chosen to wipe down all the Teemu Selanne posters after ..... well you know, what the previous poster said above.

Hey, we laid an egg. Babcock made great adjustments and the Wings executed them almost flawlessly.

Now we're just waiting to find out if

a) Rob Niedermayer or Chris Pronger will be suspended

b) How long?

Bob McKenzie on tsn said there's quite a few things to be considered in the decision, but he's saying at most, it looks like one game. Personally, that's a bit light. It's one thing to get frustrated; it's another thing to injure. I got busted in another post about being "worried" when my son gets hit in a hockey game, but the hit that Holmstrom took was almost identical to the one that my son took, so that tells you where I stand.

And stop bagging on Bertuzzi. I don't like him; never have; never will. But the guy still has a $20M lawsuit in court that hasn't been settled yet. Do you think he's going headhunting when anything that's even barely over the line will just be another example for that Avs player's (Morris??) attorney to show in court whether it applies to his situation or not??

Hope the Ducks players go to bed and wake up and have their memory banks erased over this game.

very classy lady!!! kudos to you and your knowledge of hockey.

I personally think Pronger should get the suspension (2-3 games), but I don't think it'll happen. I'll be very surprised if it does. The NHL tends to forgive big names in big games. If it were a 3rd or 4th line guy, they'd probably go ahead with it. However they are much too concerned with having the best possible product on the ice for the games, and you can't suspend one of the Norris finalists during the conference finals. Even if it is unfair.

I really don't wanna hear any BS about my post because it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. So leave your accusations of a conspiracy at the door. Thank you.

Guest jaytan

Exactly, I don't know how so many people are forgetting about this. Bert's a tough guy, but we got him for his playing ability, not to be an enforcer.

The last time he stuck up for a teammate who suffered an injury due to dirty play, he got demonized and suspended for a ridiculous amount of time for it. To this day, I still think everyone blew that hit on Moore out of proportion. The guy deserved to get "it" (he was far moore of a classless goon than Bert ever was), and he wouldn't fight Bertuzzi, so Todd got a little overheated in the moment and went a tiny bit overboard. It's a shame that it resulted in such a serious injury for the other guy, but I don't think it was because of malicious premeditation or anything close to it. It's just that Bertuzzi's so damn big.

Anyway, to get back on topic, you Anaheim fans are showing some class on this thread. :thumbup:

Edited by jaytan

wow :clap:

see this is what im talking about. This is what the LGW.com loves. Fans that love the game and love to talk HOCKEY not just how thier team is gonna kill the other team and how much the other team sucks. All of you have had your moments of homerism but you came back to post and you all had good posts even after this loss. thank you.