• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redandwhiteforever

No one standing up to Pronger...

Rate this topic

After Pronger/Niedermayer cheap shotted Holmstrom..all the wings just stood around and did nothing, ANYONE should have got right in Prongers face and at least started a scrum or something. The score was 4-0 and basicaly out of reach, I just want to see our players stick up for each other ~ Other than that..A+ game.

Franzen made it a point to finish a couple hard checks on him later in the period.

Besides, I think the biggest "standing up" move came when Holmstrom returned in the 3rd no worse for wear and then twisted the dagger with the assist on Filppula's goal.

To me, it smacks of "Is that all you've got?" and that's a nice psychological boost.

Agree.. its not our style.. but it's not like Pronger got away with it.. I guarantee he is up half the night thinking about it, worried about a possible suspension, and letting his team and fans down...

Its not Detroits style. Detroit is quickly making known their reputation of being a classy organization to even the most casual of fans. Personally, Id rather have that. Its not like Detroit is letting Anaheim take it to them. It was a cheap shot by Pronger, but other than that, Detroit is going *** for tat with Anaheim in the hitting department.

That tells you right there that Detroit is ready for any legal physicality that the game entails, but will step back from the cheap stuff.

I agree with Matt.

Also, 5-0 and getting them one game closer to playing golf, is a better way to get them back, than to hit one of their players. I don't want to stoop down to their level. Let Anaheim be the goons and lose AGAIN in the 3rd round, while we win the Western Conference Final and move on to play for the Stanley Cup AGAIN.

Its not Detroits style. Detroit is quickly making known their reputation of being a classy organization to even the most casual of fans. Personally, Id rather have that. Its not like Detroit is letting Anaheim take it to them. It was a cheap shot by Pronger, but other than that, Detroit is going *** for tat with Anaheim in the hitting department.

That tells you right there that Detroit is ready for any legal physicality that the game entails, but will step back from the cheap stuff.

This is true, but as a long time hockey fan it was shocking to see nothing happen after that. I guess it shows how cool we can keep our temper and not take retaliatory penalties, though I wouldn't have minded since it was a 4-0 lead.

Maltby stuck Getslaf in the face for a double minor at the end of the game there - that's about as dirty as it gets for us. But I like how the Wings don't sink that low - let 'em read the scoreboard 5-ZERO baby! Not one goal for the crowd to cheer!

Gotta hand it to Homer. Gets stitched up - comes back - says he feels great after the game. Let's try to pour it on again on thursday - the goals not the cheap shots.

Wings did exactly the right thing, to hurt the Yucks in the worst way possible: they beat the snot out of them, silenced their yuppy fans - who will not get a pass from me ever, for cheering that hideous hit on Homer - and showed the world what a cheap shot, unprofessional team Anaheim really is. I kept waiting for Carlisle to call for a measurement of Dom's goalie stick. :P

Homer coming back out there... well, I wish the Versus crew had panned the camera down the Anaheim bench, I would have loved to see the faces on the Yucks players. Any glee they were harboring over taking out our Demolition Man went up in smoke. Inspiring, to say the least!

Retaliation, thy name is a shut out, complete with chasing Pad Boy from the net. Works for me! :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

Like I said in another thread, when it happended I wanted his head on a platter. But after I saw how Babs handled it and refused to play their game I thought it was a much better thing for us to do. But I also wonder did Babs know pretty early on that Homer wouldn't be out for a game and might return? And is that why we didn't bust a few heads?

Also if the hit was like that bastard Claude Lemeuix's that spawned the "Brawl in Hockeytown" years later I would have said go for it! Everyone bring it, but you could see immedeatly after the hit that it was not near as bad as the one that Draper sustaned.

Overall, I think it was best for us to follow the course of action that we did after the hit.

And if we really wanted to bring it we should have had Bert take on Perry, Perry was going to give it to Pavel and Sam in the first game and perry is used to getting into mismatched fights you know guys smaller than he...then again 9 times of 10 he gets his ass kicked by the guy he takes on.

Pronger's like fifteen feet tall, we don't really have anyone to throw down with him anyways.

Admittedly, I'd love to see Train unleash the Pain but he's more a hitter and less of a scrapper (unless you happen to be named Sharp, anyways...).

I think Bert (13' 9", 715lbs) could do some damage. But why bother? Let the Ducks think about inflicting pain, sending messages, making runs at guys, being young and tough and stuff. Let them think about anything but playing ice hockey. We'll just score in the meantime, and hopefully move onto the 2007 SCFs. Smiling.

"Boy oh boy. You guys really wacked us around......anyways - .that bermuda grass - the grain breaks toward the setting sun a little more than bent. Adjust your line a bit."

Maltby stuck Getslaf in the face for a double minor at the end of the game there - that's about as dirty as it gets for us. But I like how the Wings don't sink that low - let 'em read the scoreboard 5-ZERO baby! Not one goal for the crowd to cheer!

Gotta hand it to Homer. Gets stitched up - comes back - says he feels great after the game. Let's try to pour it on again on thursday - the goals not the cheap shots.

I don't want them to sink low, I meant for them to go after nied or Pronger right after the hit ~ I know they are big guys,but imagine the character it would show if one of our smaller guys stepped up? People would be in love~

That's a good one. Your work? :thumbup:

I own Yucks , yes sir. I refuse to ever dignify them again by calling them their proper team name. Much like I never pronounce or type Patty Wahhhh's name correctly, for the same reason. I harbor zero respect for them.

After Pronger/Niedermayer cheap shotted Holmstrom..all the wings just stood around and did nothing, ANYONE should have got right in Prongers face and at least started a scrum or something. The score was 4-0 and basicaly out of reach, I just want to see our players stick up for each other ~ Other than that..A+ game.

old NHL and Wings of the past. = scrums

New NHL = Standing around and doing nothing, "soccer on ice", and cheap shots/stickwork.

On a side note if Parros is in the line-up for Game 4 I worry for the Wings. He might not be around for long but :crazy:

Edited by vangvace

Right.

Plus Maltby high stick on Getslaf wasn't intent to injure. I watched the reply close, Getslaf pinned Maltby's stick down, Kirk tryed to get it free, and when he did, happened to hit Getslaf in the face. More or less just a sloppy play on Maltby.

I would really hope it wasn't intent even if it was, like I said elsewhere a stiches and maybe a concussion are one thing but blinding a guy is completely different...

Also I wonder what Brett "I'm the greatest thing to hockey since the puck, and i hate players with face shields" Hull would say about that stick to the eye.

Right.

Plus Maltby high stick on Getslaf wasn't intent to injure. I watched the reply close, Getslaf pinned Maltby's stick down, Kirk tryed to get it free, and when he did, happened to hit Getslaf in the face. More or less just a sloppy play on Maltby.

You know for a minute or two I was pissed that nobody took it to Pronger, I mean Shanny or Darren would have been in for 5 with swollen knuckles in a heartbeat. BUT! Thats not what we want to do, Ducks want us to fight, they want us to get nasty right back, because its their game and not ours, we aren't fighters we're winners. While those two can go hand in hand, I think Babs put a leash on that one quick, I would bet Lilija would have had at him but I like what we did. Just let them embarass themselves in front of paying fans, great momentum shift for us.

I just think it's funny how he really hasn't made much of a impact besides filling the penalty box

I think most of his impact is felt in the showers after the game, filling the Neidermeirs asses with hockey sense, or cack as we call it in the States.