• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redandwhiteforever

No one standing up to Pronger...

Rate this topic

They know there is no way they can beat us playing our game. We are the better team. So they take cheap shots and get real physical to try to get us to play their game. If we try to play their game, they will win. The score ends up being 1-0 or 2-1.

But if we force them to play our game by not retaliating and staying out of the penalty box we will win with scores like 5-0.

The ducks are good, at their style of game. And the way to beat that is not to play their game.

You guys are right, it isn't Detroit's style, it hasn't been since DMac left. We need that grit. If Pronger knows there is someone on Detroits bench that he would have to contend with, maybe he thinks twice about that hit. Without a true tough guy, the Wings have gained this reputation that teams can physcially intimidate them. It hasn't happened so far, but what's it gunna take for someone to do something? No one stood up for Franzen, no one stood up for Lebda, no one stood up for Homer. I don't care who you are, you get in that guys face. It's hockey, you are much more than a team, you are a brethern. Something should have been done. I don't care if it was Pav that skated over to Pronger and started talking smack, someone do something. It makes me sick to see our guys laying on the ice, with the other 4 guys just looking at him. DO SOMEHTING!!

Remember when Claude hit Draper? No one went after him after he did it until the next season. These games are important and you can be thinking about how to get revenge - you have to be thinking about winning games.

Looking for retaliation only plays into our opponents hands anyway. Why give them the satisfaction of it? Why not let them stew over their idiocy? Let them wonder when they're going to get theirs... But above all, don't give them anything they can use as a turning point, like a brawl.

Wings did exactly the right thing, to hurt the Yucks in the worst way possible: they beat the snot out of them, silenced their yuppy fans - who will not get a pass from me ever, for cheering that hideous hit on Homer - and showed the world what a cheap shot, unprofessional team Anaheim really is. I kept waiting for Carlisle to call for a measurement of Dom's goalie stick. :P

Homer coming back out there... well, I wish the Versus crew had panned the camera down the Anaheim bench, I would have loved to see the faces on the Yucks players. Any glee they were harboring over taking out our Demolition Man went up in smoke. Inspiring, to say the least!

Retaliation, thy name is a shut out, complete with chasing Pad Boy from the net. Works for me! :thumbup:

I guess i missed the ducks players celebrating on the bench after the hit on Holmstrom? You seem to read a lot of stuff into a thread that wasn't there. Carlyle calling for a masurement of Dom's stick? One duck win and we're back to square one. Everything seemingly went right for Detroit last night and they played a whale of a game. Dom was a pitbull in net and was really challenging everything they tossed at him. Glad to see TOM SLICK make it back after that atrocious hit by Pronger. I'm expecting a one game suspension such as the hit on Cheechoo garnered,we'll see what happens. What a playoff game to have seats five rows back to see. Good god my friend and i looked at each other and just could not believe the onslaught. Worst game i've seen all year long less the Philly home game,but that would be taking away from Detroit to say it was the ducks not playing their game,they were completely taken out of their game and handled. Kudos to the Wings they really came prepared and showed some great finishing skills near the net last night. Hope the next game doesn't turn into a repeat as i have seats for that also.

I know that some people like the old stand up for your guy mentality. But I LOVE the fact that the Wings are not doing any of that. Doing that is exactly what The Ducks, Calgary and Son Jose want the Wings to do. If you are a physical team like they say those teams are, part of your game plan is to hit and hit until the other team starts taking runs at you. You get under there skin to the point of forcing them to take the penalties. If you are smart, like the Wings are, you just get up after the hit. You don't go after anyone. If the big physical team can't intimidate you with the hits, you have ruined their game plan. I think that was what happened with The Sharks. All the hitting wasn't working and it got them off of their game.

Beating the crap of Anaheim 5-0 is the way you get back at Pronger.

Winning will beat down Pronger more than a fist-i-cuffs on the ice.

One positive thing about the Pronger/Niedermeyer cheap shot...if an Anaheim player so much as taps a Wings player above the chest area...penalties will be called. Last night, the refs were punishing Anaheim with legitimate and ticky-tacky penalties. I am sure Babcock and Lidstrom had some side chats with the refs to send a message to the Ducks thuggish players. Message went through very effectively.

Beating the crap of Anaheim 5-0 is the way you get back at Pronger.

Winning will beat down Pronger more than a fist-i-cuffs on the ice.

One positive thing about the Pronger/Niedermeyer cheap shot...if an Anaheim player so much as taps a Wings player above the chest area...penalties will be called. Last night, the refs were punishing Anaheim with legitimate and ticky-tacky penalties. I am sure Babcock and Lidstrom had some side chats with the refs to send a message to the Ducks thuggish players. Message went through very effectively.

I suspect the opposite,Anaheim will get most of the calls its their building. Hitting by Anaheim will not be detoured in the least.

I don't understand the posts that say it's a good thing the Wings don't stand up for each other. If I am a player, I want to know someone has my back. If I get hit like Homer did, and no one does anything, INCLUDING NOT PRESSING FOR A GOAL ON THE 5 MINUTE PP, I am going to be pretty pissed. Maybe it's just me, but I play d, if someone puts a hit like that one my guy, I don't care how big, and ugly he is, I am gunne be in his face. I agree, fighting isn't always the best option, but I'll be damned if you could hold me back from at least getting in his face and letting him know what I had for lunch!

I don't understand the posts that say it's a good thing the Wings don't stand up for each other. If I am a player, I want to know someone has my back. If I get hit like Homer did, and no one does anything, INCLUDING NOT PRESSING FOR A GOAL ON THE 5 MINUTE PP, I am going to be pretty pissed. Maybe it's just me, but I play d, if someone puts a hit like that one my guy, I don't care how big, and ugly he is, I am gunne be in his face. I agree, fighting isn't always the best option, but I'll be damned if you could hold me back from at least getting in his face and letting him know what I had for lunch!

Im sure someone will try and catch him with his head down.

There is nothing more satisfying then catching a guy with a good clean shot and seeing him lay crumpled on the ice, after he resorts to cheap shots.

I am hoping someone catches either Pronger or Niedermeyer with their head down and launches them.

This is where having a guy like Bryan Marchment would be great.

Im sure someone will try and catch him with his head down.

There is nothing more satisfying then catching a guy with a good clean shot and seeing him lay crumpled on the ice, after he resorts to cheap shots.

I am hoping someone catches either Pronger or Niedermeyer with their head down and launches them.

This is where having a guy like Bryan Marchment would be great.

It just isn't the same. That would happen reardless. I'm talking about someone on the Wings making a statement, 'You f*** with us, there are consequences.'

Marchment is only good for cheap shots, and knee to knee hits, anyone else see him stick out it knee and trip Pavel in game 2? He got a penalty for it, but man, that could have ended Pav's career!

Colin Campbell will stand up to him, hopefully.

Actually the date meeting has already been arranged... However, Colin will not be standing up... He will be on his Knees with nothing but jumbled words coming out of his mouth.

You don't suspend the NHL's boyfriend... it just doesn't happen. Pronger is God and God does not suspend himself.

I understand.

Have you ever seen Pronger fight? NO!

He has no balls, he is a pure cheap shot artist.

You cant fight a guy that wont fight, period.

I have watched Pronger since he came from the Whale to the Blues and have not once seen him fight.

What can you do?

The way you send a message with Marchment is have him catch a key Duck with his head down and crush him, a la Scott Stevens.

I understand.

Have you ever seen Pronger fight? NO!

He has no balls, he is a pure cheap shot artist.

You cant fight a guy that wont fight, period.

I have watched Pronger since he came from the Whale to the Blues and have not once seen him fight.

What can you do?

The way you send a message with Marchment is have him catch a key Duck with his head down and crush him, a la Scott Stevens.

It doesn't have to be a fight, I would settle for someone just getting in his face. Franzen, Lebda, and now Homer all get cheapshotted, and no one even so much as try to get in the guys face. That really bothers me.

It doesn't have to be a fight, I would settle for someone just getting in his face. Franzen, Lebda, and now Homer all get cheapshotted, and no one even so much as try to get in the guys face. That really bothers me.

like Maltby high-sticking Getzlaf, who's arguably their best forward right now?

(and frankly, I'd love him in Winged Wheel some day)

sure it happened in the closing moments of the game, but with Wings being short

on physical presence and pure fighters, that's about the only moment we could

reasonably do something like that. if we tried retaliation in 2nd period Carlyle

wouldn't even need to order his team to beat the crap out of us. their game was

already lost and they could've easily started throwing bodies on every single

Wings player. and it's not a situation that favors us

I see your point, but I think Wings made a smart decision considering the

circumstances

No need to wake them up.

QFT

It's never been the Wings style, and getting into a huge brawl could've woken them up. By laughing at him, it further crushed the Ducks spirit. Then later in the game a few good hits were laid on Pronger, and to add insult to injury, Homer comes right back, and has the assist on the next goal. If that isn't a kick in the balls, I don't know what is.

The Wings have stood up for their players a fair amount in these playoffs, but one thing they don't do is stoop to the other team's level when they start with plays like that.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

reasonably do something like that. if we tried retaliation in 2nd period Carlyle

circumstances

Honestly it look to me that Getzlaf took an arrant stick that deflected off of his own stick.

I dont think Maltby did it on purpose.

circumstances

Are you saying you think Malts did that on purpose? If so, you missed my entire point. That is dirty, if Malts did that on purpose, I'd suspend him. There is no room for things like that in the NHL, he would then be no better than Pronger. I am talking about man to man, in your face. Not a cheap shot.

Honestly it look to me that Getzlaf took an arrant stick that deflected off of his own stick.

I dont think Maltby did it on purpose.

won't agree on this one cause I wasn't able to watch the game nor a replay.

though, considering Ducks attitude I wouldn't be surprised if they called for

Maltby's head (while obviously calling Pronger cheap-shot a "tough play").

you know... if you want to pummel someone you will always find a bat to do this

Are you saying you think Malts did that on purpose? If so, you missed my entire point. That is dirty, if Malts did that on purpose, I'd suspend him. There is no room for things like that in the NHL, he would then be no better than Pronger. I am talking about man to man, in your face. Not a cheap shot.

see above.

I'll have to see a replay to judge, but knowing Maltby and the way things go, I'd not

argue he did everything to avoid a mess. that would be enough to call him a dirty

motherf* or whatever you want, if you are anti-Wing basher.

Edited by akustyk

What do you want the Wings to do? Fight him?

Pronger is indeed a ***** yes, and is a bad fighter, but nobody on the Wings is really suited for fighting. I know we all like to make PAIN TRAIN LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 jokes about Lilja and stuff, but I really don't think he's going to go out of his way to fight someone.

Anyways, none of that matters now. What does matter is that Wings dominated the game last night and there is a chance that Pronger will be suspended.

see above.

I'll have to see a replay to judge, but knowing Maltby and the way things go, I'd not

argue he did everything to avoid a mess. that would be enough to call him a dirty

It wasn't dirty at all. Maltby was trying to lift Getz' stick and it slipped off and popped him under the eye.

And, as far as I've heard, no one in the Duck's camp sees it any other way either.

see above.

Well if that's the case, why insinuate that you think that is what happened? At least watch the replay first.