• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
regwinguofmfan

Welcome to the Wings Mr Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

He didn't play terribly above the norm for him in the last few games (which is to separate that from the games before, when he was bad). He went to the net and got a good bounce, that's playoff hockey and that's good for him, but he wasn't particularly exceptional in my view.

We've all come to accept that he's not going to get above role player status on the team this year, unfortunately, or at least I hope we have. But any way he can contribute, with a big hit or a goal here or there is good enough for me.

By the way, has that conditional pick become a first rounder yet? I think it was if the Wings reached the conference finals.

This was by far the best he's looked so far in the postseason. The big indicator was what he did with the puck--he was cycling better, faking people, making passes that required a good degree of vision and foresight, etc.

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Edited by Dabura

I agree that he stepped up a bit tonight, his skating didn't look a whole lot different, but his passing was very much improved. His lack of playing this year and him getting used to playing with the guys takes a great deal of time, you don't just click right away. I hope we see more improvement every game.

he knows if he wants a ticket to the Wings next season, he's got to step it up, hurt or not. Tonight, he did. Also, it seemed to me he was like 3x as fast as he's been this whole post season. Lookin good Bert!

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest jaytan

He's pretty much been slowly but steadily improving throughout the playoffs, but this game was a revelation. He got us a couple of powerplays (before the Schmucks started giving them away every few minutes out of frustration), skated well, showed great energy, contributed to the offense and really got into the mix.

Hopefully, the fact that he knocked a goal in, combined with the huge win, will really give him some confidence and this great play will continue.

We need to be seeing this man in a Wings uniform for a long time. We've been needing a player like this for quite a while.

Edited by jaytan

Don't forget that not only was he out for an extended period of time but he is on a new team. You can tell that him and Lang didn't have great chemistry at first but maybe it's starting to come now. I don't care what anyone says. Chemistry takes playing together. I was hearing the same thing about Joe Corvo in Ottawa. And it took him half the season to find out where he belonged.

Just because he scored a goal, doesn't mean he stepped up. If that's a part of your reason for him improving then your wrong. However, I do see improvement, goal or not, but he still doesn't remind me of how he did in Vancouver. How impossibly hard it was to get him off the puck. Maybe we'll see that game again, but nevertheless, he does seem to be trying out there which is good.

I think Bertuzzi is still battling some back problems.... He isn't skating as well as he would like to.

I hope he gets re-signed....I believe here in Detroit he can become like the player he once was, or at least have the motivation to try......

Just because he scored a goal, doesn't mean he stepped up. If that's a part of your reason for him improving then your wrong. However, I do see improvement, goal or not, but he still doesn't remind me of how he did in Vancouver. How impossibly hard it was to get him off the puck. Maybe we'll see that game again, but nevertheless, he does seem to be trying out there which is good.

He's been doing better and it has nothing to do with the goal. I think there are many factors...trying to find the right line for him....being not 100%...hopefully he'll keep doing better and better!

I think he might finally be getting into the groove of things in Detroit.

The past couple games have looked better at least.

Remember the guy didn't play for 4 months? 5 months?

Sometimes that takes a while to get things moving again....

I agree with all your points. He can really control the cycle down low with his size and reach when he wants to. I think at this point it's probably more of a mental thing with him. Does he feel confident enough to hang on to the puck and try and make a play? Confidence is 1/2 the battle with pro-atheletes, they all have some talent but are they confident enough to use it effectively. Beiing out as long as he was we can't expect him to be 100% yet but I agree he's looked better in the last couple games.

The goal he had was just the icing on the cake. He had at least two BIG hits before that, one on Huskins and the other (I forget who it was on) rocked the whole end boards on one side of the rink behind the net. Plus, I remember him hitting and staying in Paulsson's face after a play on our net (of course Paulsson skated away because he's a puss).

I think the back recovery has more to do with his play than anything. I think he purposely has been trying to limit his time in front of the net to cut down on all the hacks and cross-checks to the lower back. Also, I notice he misses some passes and mishandles the puck sometimes because he doesn't have his stick on the ice. This I think is because he is having trouble staying bent over all game because of the back problem. As he gets stronger he'll pick up his game even more than what we're seeing today.

Just my two cents...

esteef