• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Suspend Chris Pronger

Rate this topic

I doubt Pronger will get anything because he wasn't given the penalty but who knows. He definitely deserves a fine at the very least but as a Wings fan I'd love to see him gone for a game or two.

Whether or not he was assessed the penalty has nothing to do with it. Referees miss stuff like this sometimes, or in this case call the wrong guy, but suspensions get handed out regardless. The tale of the tape is that Pronger is guilty, the league knows that, and they'll decide whether or not it merits suspension based on it.

Come on guys, we know the NHL, There is no way Pronger is getting suspended, we will be be lucky if Niedermayer even gets suspended IMO!

Had Holmstrom not come back in the third then there might be a chance, but the way the NHL is, it is usually the severity of the injury that causes the suspensions, not necessarily the act committed. I think that both Niedermayer AND Pronger should be suspended but being that it is game 4 of the WCFs I doubt anything will happen.

there WILL be some punishment handed out though, out on the ice, On the boards and the Scoreboard in games 4 and 5 :sly:

Guest bullocks

Come on guys, we know the NHL, There is no way Pronger is getting suspended, we will be be lucky if Niedermayer even gets suspended IMO!

Had Holmstrom not come back in the third then there might be a chance, but the way the NHL is, it is usually the severity of the injury that causes the suspensions, not necessarily the act committed. I think that both Niedermayer AND Pronger should be suspended but being that it is game 4 of the WCFs I doubt anything will happen.

there WILL be some punishment handed out though, out on the ice, On the boards and the Scoreboard in games 4 and 5 :sly:

i don't think neidermayer needs to be suspended. he served his 5 minute bording penalty and got the game. pronger was the one who did the damage and they missed it. that'll work in the wings favour when the league reviews it. i definately see him getting a game.

I agree that Neidermeier (sorry if I spelled it wrong, Rob) got enough of a punishment with the game misconduct. It's Pronger that deserves worse, and if he doesn't get at least one game, then the League deserves to have their collective heads examined.

For us, however, the best payback is to hit them where it will do maximum damage - on the scoreboard.

My beef is with the Anaheim fans, who had the chutzpah to cheer when Homer went down. How disrespectful and rude that was. We wouldn't even stoop that low if the tables had been turned and it had happened at the Joe. That was crude, crass and downright disrespectful, and if I were an Anaheim fan, I'd be ashamed.

My beef is with the Anaheim fans, who had the chutzpah to cheer when Homer went down. How disrespectful and rude that was. We wouldn't even stoop that low if the tables had been turned and it had happened at the Joe. That was crude, crass and downright disrespectful, and if I were an Anaheim fan, I'd be ashamed.

Indeed, that was downright horrible. There's low, and then there's...well, that.

:thumbdown:

I agree that Neidermeier (sorry if I spelled it wrong, Rob) got enough of a punishment with the game misconduct. It's Pronger that deserves worse, and if he doesn't get at least one game, then the League deserves to have their collective heads examined.

For us, however, the best payback is to hit them where it will do maximum damage - on the scoreboard.

i call BS...when a guy from the opposing team gets layed out on a hard hit in ur arena u cheer...thats hockey...orignally people cheered but i dont think anyone new the extent of what had happened to him....people were actually clapping when he skated off the ice

Puck Fronger:P I am sure he will get at least one game, he better!!

From Babcock:

"My problem is I havent seen it a bunch of times. You know, Im a big believer, youre supposed to finish your check. Im a big believer in looking after each other. What I mean by that is, I dont care how much is on the line at any time, you have to look after the other player. When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make. We make lots of decisions."

He then talks about a hit in the Buffalo game and finishes with: "No one wants to hurt anybody. People want to play hard; no one wants to hurt anybody."

Prongers a goon - that's his game. He's known for it. Hopefully the leage officials get something right - flashbacks to the Calgary series where the only suspension was on the backup, never gonna play, goalie; and some fines to the team - big deal.

I agree - if we go out looking for revenge, it'll knock us off our game and waste time that we should be putting the puck in the net. And it will cause us to take stupid penalites. Hit em on the scoreboard!

Not to stick up for the Ducks fans, but I do wonder if they realized how bad it was when it first happened or if most of them even got a clear look at what happened from where they were sitting. Game 5 of the Calgary series, I think it was Cleary that just lost an edge and took a bad spill in front of the bench. Fans were yelling like crazy for penalties just because our guy was down and I know the ppl sitting around me (not too far up from behind the benches) didn't see exactly what had happened because we were all asking! Just throwing something else out there...

I hate to disagree but you know damn well half of the Joe would cheer if Pronger got hit like that. You're crazy if you don't.

From Babcock:

"My problem is I havent seen it a bunch of times. You know, Im a big believer, youre supposed to finish your check. Im a big believer in looking after each other. What I mean by that is, I dont care how much is on the line at any time, you have to look after the other player. When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make. We make lots of decisions."

He then talks about a hit in the Buffalo game and finishes with: "No one wants to hurt anybody. People want to play hard; no one wants to hurt anybody."

Mike is being the professional he always is with those comments; he doesn't say nasty things about his own guys, their guys, the officials etc. Whenever he's challenged to say what he really thinks on a topic he's quick to say he would if he were "off the record," but that's not the case.

His opinion's pretty clear with these words, though: "When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make."

Anyways, my point is I doubt Mike has very many nice things to say about Pronger right now.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Mike is being the professional he always is with those comments; he doesn't say nasty things about his own guys, their guys, the officials etc. Whenever he's challenged to say what he really thinks on a topic he's quick to say he would if he were "off the record," but that's not the case.

His opinion's pretty clear with these words, though: "When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make."

Anyways, my point is I doubt Mike has very many nice things to say about Pronger right now.

I just thought it was classy that he did it the way he did. I wouldnt have been so PC. Thought it should be posted.

I hate to disagree but you know damn well half of the Joe would cheer if Pronger got hit like that. You're crazy if you don't.

I would like to think we'd act more civilized than that. Especially if we knew the severity of the hit.

Guest jaytan

I didn't get too excited about that. The way I look at it, the majority of fans at the Pond aren't extremely knowledgeable about the game. A lot of them probably go to hockey games just to see big hits and fights (in some markets, those get much louder cheers than great scoring chances or even goals). I don't think they were cheering, "YEEEEAH! HOLMSTROM'S INJURED! I HOPE HE GETS PARALYZED!", in some Philadelphia-esque manner. Initially, most of them were probably just pumped up from seeing a huge hit.

As far as the suspension issue goes... I don't expect to see a suspension, and I'd much rather see Pronger on the ice than behind the bench, because you can't kick his ass when he's not playing.