• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ultrapail

duck pond

Rate this topic

there is nothing wrong with honda center, its a nice arena, the achitecture of the outside looks nice and the inside is even better,the tiles floors and concourses, sure the arena is small, but that means NOT A BAD SEAT in the house, id rather sit in the nose bleeds than down at the glass, glass seats are horrible , you cant see everything, but i dunno about the ice and im sure most all ice in arenas is pretty much the same, ICE is ICE

and i HAVE skated on the ducks ice before, I use to play hockey at the arena they practiced at, and ive skated on the pond ice at which is now called honda center, and i didnt knowtice any difference

Edited by justheducks

I have little doubt that the Honda Center overall is a good place to watch a game in.

In terms of bad ice surfaces, I couldn't really accurately guess what is the worse now, but from going to college in the Dallas-Fort Worth area from 1999-2004 and seeing a few games in Reunion Arena where the Stars used to play during my early college years, their ice surface was AWFUL! Also, remember back when the Wings-Stars played in the '98 playoffs. The temperature was unbelievably hot during the games in Dallas, around 100 I think.

I really did like Reunion Arena though, despite whenever somebody shot the puck in the offensive zone, the puck would just die after crossing the goalline. New/modernized arenas are great, don't get me wrong, but I really like compact bowl-shaped arenas where you are nearly on top of the ice without any bad seats, like Reunion Arena or JLA where it can easily get loud with some fan involvement.

And Reunion could get loud in a hurry.

In terms of bad ice surfaces, I couldn't really accurately guess what is the worse now, but from going to college in the Dallas-Fort Worth area from 1999-2004 and seeing a few games in Reunion Arena where the Stars used to play during my early college years, their ice surface was AWFUL! Also, remember back when the Wings-Stars played in the '98 playoffs. The temperature was unbelievably hot during the games in Dallas, around 100 I think.

IIRC, one game was delayed because they couldn't get the ice up to temp, and there were even some issues with letting ticketholders in the building because just opening the doors caused an instant 10 degree drop in temperature. I believe they fixed the problem, but maintenance was literally sweating bullets trying to get it together in time.