• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

TSN: Pronger to Face Disciplinary Hearing

Rate this topic

Hard to believe that they would have a hearing if they aren't going to suspend him.

I'll still believe it when I see it. After the way the league botched the Flames Game 5 Meltdown, I'm skeptical that they'll get it right.

-Tim

They're probably just calling him in to slap him on the wrist - "Don't do this again, Mr Pronger, or we'll give you a stern talking to!". The NHL having the balls to suspend a superstar for an infraction on the ice? I didn't see it with Iggy and Calgary, and I don't expect to see it today.

I listening to NHL radio right now - they all think he'll get a game. I sure hope so. How can he not? Their argument is that even though the series will be affected by the suspension, Pronger himself is responsible for his actions - he alone has to answer to his teamates and his fans for his actions...

They just want to get him alone, because he has been a naughty boy.... As if the guys last night didn't blow him every which way... the NHL wants a piece of that ass... I mean action. I predict nothing will be exchanged accept a few cursory STD's

Pronger will get nothing!

Edited by OsGOD

I listening to NHL radio right now - they all think he'll get a game. I sure hope so. How can he not? Their argument is that even though the series will be affected by the suspension, Pronger himself is responsible for his actions - he alone has to answer to his teamates and his fans for his actions...

i agree, he shouldnt have ******* ran homers head into the boards if he didnt wanna face the concequences.

he deserves it, and should get it, no matter how popular or essential to the team he is.

oh noes. anaheim might only have 1 of the top three defensemen in the league tomarrow :blink: theyre in trouble if they have a hard time with us when they have 2 of the 3

Look at the creative editing TSN made..

"I had two guys on me and fell into the boards," Holmstrom said. "I never saw the guys come from behind."

The real quote is " "I had two guys on me and fell into the boards, and then I got hit. I never saw the guys come from behind."

Did they edit that little part to make it sound like it wasn't as bad of a hit as it really was? Pronger should be out for a game. If not, then it shows the league doesn't care about Detroit...Langow incident ..... I bet they'll give him a fine. And that will do absolutely nothing for someone who makes millions.

I guarantee there will be a suspension out of this. The NHL doesn't hold a hearing every day and with intent to injure being the case they will put their foot down. I realize some folks would say they did nothing to Iginla or the Flames, but they were just being goons. As a hockey player, you can handle a goon, you have plenty enough padding to do so. But getting hit from behind is a scary though. I got hit from behind and ended up breaking my neck and having immediate surgery. Trust me, everyone knows those kind of hits are no joke and you'll be seeing at least a game out of this. If not then the NHL and true hockey fans should be ashamed.

I would have bet the farm last night that Pronger wouldn't get so much as a slap on the wrist. However, never in my memory has the NHL called a disciplinary hearing without dealing a suspension. Is someone able to second that? If he were going to get a slap on the wrist, they would have just announced it to the press, no hearing. I'm all atingle now!

Come on, NHL, do the right thing.

Guest jaytan

I'm predicting a fine and no suspension.

If so, I guess it basically gives us a free pass to return the favor.... But when was the last time you saw a guy in a red and white sweater pull anything even that dirty?

Wasn't Radulov leading the Preds in points when he got a one game suspension in Round 1? He doesn't have the same kind of star power as Pronger, but he was certainly a big part of the team at the time.

It was a similar type of hit. Granted, the player he hit (Bernier?) didn't come back in the game, but he was ready for the next game. They should really consider that, but they probably wont. I think Pronger would be suspended if Holmstrom hadn't come back and the Wings kept quiet and inserted him into the line-up for Game 4. As it is, he'll probably get a verbal reprimand at best. It's unfortunate, but the league makes a lot of decisions based on injury.

I would have bet the farm last night that Pronger wouldn't get so much as a slap on the wrist. However, never in my memory has the NHL called a disciplinary hearing without dealing a suspension. Is someone able to second that? If he were going to get a slap on the wrist, they would have just announced it to the press, no hearing. I'm all atingle now!

Come on, NHL, do the right thing.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't even remember McLennan getting called in for a disciplinary hearing; that one, I thought, was just a phone call, suspension and fines given, all done. With Pronger actually being summoned for a face-to-face hearing, the odds say that a suspension will follow.

got a link for nhl radio? onyl thing i saw on nhl.com runs from 10-12 ET.

Edited by scissorfight

I was thinking the same thing. I don't even remember McLennan getting called in for a disciplinary hearing; that one, I thought, was just a phone call, suspension and fines given, all done. With Pronger actually being summoned for a face-to-face hearing, the odds say that a suspension will follow.

I can't imagine that this hearing is actually face to face with him being in Anaheim and the league office being in Toronto. If it is, then I frankly don't care if he gets suspended or not. A flight to Toronto and back to Anaheim on his day off might eff with him enough anyway.

-Tim

I think Pronger should get a one game suspension. But I don't think he'll get it.

The NHL doesn't like to be that pivotal with their suspensions in the playoffs. Prongers absence would be a huge loss for the Ducks, one that could potentially end the series for them. Despite the NHL saying that players are to be held accountable for their actions, I don't think Pronger will be.

Jaytan. I don't think the league gives fines without suspensions for players, I could be wrong. But in my mind it doesn't really make sense. Essentially the league would be saying, "we admit what you did is wrong, but we aren't going to punish you for it." I just can't remember the league doing this, but again I am not 100% sure on this.