• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

TSN: Pronger to Face Disciplinary Hearing

Rate this topic

I'm betting the previous poster is correct. He's gonna get a stern talking to, and advice not to do it again.

NHL Offices = UN

All talk, no balls.

I would have bet the farm last night that Pronger wouldn't get so much as a slap on the wrist. However, never in my memory has the NHL called a disciplinary hearing without dealing a suspension.

I'm thinking the same thing. My $$$ is on one game.

I think they may fine him and make him wear the brown "s***head" helmet for a few games.

I dont see a suspension coming.

Hopefully that helmet fits him better than the one he has now.

My prediction..........."Uh, Mr. Pronger, sir, your a very important player in the NHL and to the Ducks. We know ratings may get a small boost from you playing in the next game in anticipation of a payback of some sort." "So with that in mind we're going to fore sake the safty of other players on the ice, and say please don't do it again, or we may be forced to take .000025% of your yearly income."

I'm thinking the same thing. My $$$ is on one game.

Agreed.

And honestly, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Not having Pronger in the lineup for game 4 is a pretty big deal.

The Wings would only have to worry about Niedermayer, and he can be distracted fairly easily if you just muss up his indie rock hair.

i'm confident pronger will be tagged with a one game suspension (and rightfully so).

the league doesn't need any more violent actions tarnishing the spirit of the game.

a statement is going to be made. fines won't do a damn thing to change the

behavior of a player, nor will a public apology. players make so much they don't

miss even hundreds/thousands of dollars. it would be a disgrace to think any player

would modify their actions based on what is a "drop in the bucket" in the grand scheme of things.

I'm all up for public humiliation...oh wait...he already plays for the Ducks.

Besides that maybe they can let Ozzie flip him a few times.

He'll get off, the bastard. And that wasn't just a hit that could have been career ending, it could have been life threating.... It should be held to a stricter standard because it was pre-meditated, clearly.

They're probably just calling him in to slap him on the wrist - "Don't do this again, Mr Pronger, or we'll give you a stern talking to!". The NHL having the balls to suspend a superstar for an infraction on the ice? I didn't see it with Iggy and Calgary, and I don't expect to see it today.

What Iggy did in game 5 is a far cry from what Pronger did last night. Theres brutality and intent to injure written all over that hit.

I'm all up for public humiliation...oh wait...he already plays for the Ducks.

Besides that maybe they can let Ozzie flip him a few times...

:lol:

wow, that was my 1000th post :nonono:

Edited by Elshupacabra

I was thinking the same thing. I don't even remember McLennan getting called in for a disciplinary hearing; that one, I thought, was just a phone call, suspension and fines given, all done. With Pronger actually being summoned for a face-to-face hearing, the odds say that a suspension will follow.

Add on to the fact that the NHL probably didnt even have TIME to have a hearing with any of the Flames guys, and the fact that McLennan's actions were a "one-look-and-you-know-hes-getting-suspended" thing, and this hearing says a lot for Pronger.

I think we might be seeing Pronger get a game here.

Count me among the people who can't remember a player getting a disciplinary hearing without getting a suspension. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I can't recall it.

I think there are just too many negatives in the replay of this hit for Pronger. He leads with his arms, they're up very high, he slams Homer's head into the glass with his elbow/forearm, follow through on the hit, pushes homer down to the ground, and then you see Homer rolling over slowly on the ground with a bloody forehead and a look on his face that says "I can only eat mashed up peas for dinner."

I really dont see how Pronger can get away with that. But then again, with the NHL, you never know.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I think there are just too many negatives in the replay of this hit for Pronger. He leads with his arms, they're up very high, he slams Homer's head into the glass with his elbow/forearm, follow through on the hit, pushes homer down to the ground, and then you see Homer rolling over slowly on the ground with a bloody forehead and a look on his face that says "I can only eat mashed up peas for dinner."

If I recall correctly, didn't Pronger skate away from the hit laughing? I'd love to see the disciplinary committee take that into account as well. Both Pronger's action and REaction were disgusting.

(And on another note, w00t, my first pinned topic! :P)

The NHL doesn't like to be that pivotal with their suspensions in the playoffs. Prongers absence would be a huge loss for the Ducks, one that could potentially end the series for them.

Which is exactly why he should be, because of how important of a loss Homer would've been to us had he had a concussion. Dangerous play is a dangerous play, I don't care what name is on the back of the sweater or what the series looks like.

Suspend Pronger.

esteef

I have no idea what to expect. But I do agree if he's suspended for tomorrows game it is a must win now kinda game. You have to take advantage of something like that. Kinda what the Sharks didn't do when Schneider went down. And it's a must win for me now cause I have tickets to game 5 and would love to see them take the west.

The NHL doesn't like to be that pivotal with their suspensions in the playoffs. Prongers absence would be a huge loss for the Ducks,...
Then perhaps Pronger should have thought of that before he tried to knock Homer out of the series! Sorry, but there's no legitimate excuse for the actions he took when he tried to squash Homer head like a grape with his elbow!