• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

TSN: Pronger to Face Disciplinary Hearing

Rate this topic

Colin Campbell doesn't have the balls to suspend Pronger.

I'd be more surprised if he was suspended than if he's not.

Bob McKenzie is right ...

If Pronger is suspended, for no more than one game, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

If Pronger isn't suspended, well, that won't be a huge shock either.

I wonder if the NHL will feel pressure from the NBA and their suspensions yesterday and feel they need to equal that.

I thought of this also, maybe a precedent has finally been set in pro sports, if you commit offenses worthy of suspension, no matter what the circumstances, your star power will not save you.

We can only hope...

esteef

I can't view the video at work... but I remember the s*** eating grin as he was sitting all smug on the bench as they announced the Penalties to Neids and nothing to him. You could definitely see a smirk on his face.

Then perhaps Pronger should have thought of that before he tried to knock Homer out of the series! Sorry, but there's no legitimate excuse for the actions he took when he tried to squash Homer head like a grape with his elbow!

I was so pissed when I saw it. Absolutely Pronger should be gone for the next game. To me that hit to head is no differnt then Fishers cross check on the 'Canes player in game four. I forget his name but Fisher missed game five because of it.

Which is exactly why he should be, because of how important of a loss Homer would've been to us had he had a concussion. Dangerous play is a dangerous play, I don't care what name is on the back of the sweater or what the series looks like.

Suspend Pronger.

esteef

Bingo. This is exactly the way the NHL should look at discipline. In the first round Brad May put out Willie Mitchell for the rest of the series. May gets 1 game. Not exactly an eye-for-an-eye. I'm not sure exactly how it should work, but the disciplinary system should make the punishments fair. i.e. McLennan the backup goaltender who wasn't going to play anyway would not have been fair retribution no matter how many games he got if he had seriously injured Franzen.

Edited by grsbmd

The suspension shoudn't go hand in hand with how much the player was injured. All that means is it's ok to play dirty until someone gets hurt. Holmstrom's neck could have been broken or he could have had severe facial injuries. He was lucky this time.

Also, star power should have nothing to do with it. If Lidstrom made the same type of play he should be suspended also. If that is the message the NHL is sending then as a coach it would tell me that it is ok for Datsyuk or Lidstrom to run people rom behind, but it's not ok for Filpula to do it.

This play was a clear attempt to injure in a game that was out of reach by a dirty player. Pronger new exactly what he was doing and was so happy when he got his chance. Then he whines like a ***** later in a game when he finally gets called for roughing. He should have been gone.

I was so pissed when I saw it. Absolutely Pronger should be gone for the next game. To me that hit to head is no differnt then Fishers cross check on the 'Canes player in game four. I forget his name but Fisher missed game five because of it.

That is a very good point. I forgot about that. Yeah Fischers suspension was weak compared to what Pronger did, imo.

When this series is over and theres the traditional handshaking, i would skip Prongers hand for 2 reasons.

1. Hes an *******. (obvious)

2. God only knows where that hand has been. (obvious, too)