• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

TSN: Pronger to Face Disciplinary Hearing

Rate this topic

It's about a 2 second cut after they show homer on the ice bleeding. He's skating along, says "F__k!", and then grins.

I'm not sure that was a smile or breathing. I look the same way when I'm out of breath.

I'm pretty confident about the one-game suspension too. Pretty much universal with the callers today on NHL radio - they all called for a suspension - fans of alot of different teams - even the Avs :huh: . As ffar as the NHL not wanting to punish the Ducks for a critical game - Pronger did this to his team, not the league, not the wings, but Pronger himself. At some point one needs to grow up and take repsonsibility for their actions....

I'd like to think CBC has a relative unbiased opinion in this series. Columnist Scott Morrison says

NHL should punish Pronger

"Pronger should be suspended for at least one game, maybe two... Here's why. It was a hit to the head, something the league doesn't like, and it wasn't accidental or incidental. Pronger knew exactly what he was doing and added thrust to the impact. It was a hit from behind... The fact that Holmstrom was able to return in the third period with 12 stitches is a mitigating factor, the degree of injury does matter, but it doesn't take away from the viciousness of the attack and the fact a player was still injured... Earlier in the playoffs, you might recall, the NHL suspended Nashville forward Alexander Radulov for one game... The other significant suspension was to Ducks winger Brad May (for) three games.... The Pronger hit was worse than Radulov's, but at least happened during the play unlike May's. So that means more than one, less than three - two games, in other words. But don't be surprised if he gets nothing."

Interesting read, I tend to agree for the most part.

I'd like to think CBC has a relative unbiased opinion in this series. Columnist Scott Morrison says

NHL should punish Pronger

"Pronger should be suspended for at least one game, maybe two... Here's why. It was a hit to the head, something the league doesn't like, and it wasn't accidental or incidental. Pronger knew exactly what he was doing and added thrust to the impact. It was a hit from behind... The fact that Holmstrom was able to return in the third period with 12 stitches is a mitigating factor, the degree of injury does matter, but it doesn't take away from the viciousness of the attack and the fact a player was still injured... Earlier in the playoffs, you might recall, the NHL suspended Nashville forward Alexander Radulov for one game... The other significant suspension was to Ducks winger Brad May (for) three games.... The Pronger hit was worse than Radulov's, but at least happened during the play unlike May's. So that means more than one, less than three - two games, in other words. But don't be surprised if he gets nothing."

Interesting read, I tend to agree for the most part.

Very good read and I agree too.

Guest bullocks

If they want to make an example out of someone, it will surely be chris pronger. He needs ATLEAST a game to think about his actions. That was disgusting.

The NHL doesn't like to be that pivotal with their suspensions in the playoffs. Prongers absence would be a huge loss for the Ducks, one that could potentially end the series for them. Despite the NHL saying that players are to be held accountable for their actions, I don't think Pronger will be.

This is very true. But it does not excuse him of actions. If this hit is worthy of a one game suspension during the regular season, then the punishment is the same during the playoffs. Im tired of this crap about Pronger being a superstar. If Fitzpatrick would be penalized one game for the same hit on Homer, then Pronger should recieve the same. Hypothetically, If Mark Mowers slashed Tootoo and broke bones, then he should get a game. The same goes for Zetterberg or Lidstrom. The penalty should be for the action, not the players committing them.

Our series vs. the Sharks could have ended without Homer back in the lineup. He would have been a huge loss for us if he had gone down with a concussion or worse off of the Pronger hit. Keep that in mind. One game to Pronger is less that what could have happened to us if Homer would have been out for the length of the playoffs. That is what is important to think about when taking into consideration what should be dealt to Pronger.

It is clear everyone knows the NHL has no balls.

All the analysts say the same thing:

"He deserves a suspension, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't get one"

Will the NHL actually step up to the plate for once with everyone talking?

All they have to do is give Pronger 1 game. One game would be enough to show that they are at least serious about the players safety. I still don't think they will. Is there any reason to have faith in them at this point?

One game to Pronger is less that what could have happened to us if Homer would have been out for the length of the playoffs. That is what is important to think about when taking into consideration what should be dealt to Pronger.

I totally agree. I'm sure we were all equally shocked to see Homer return in the 3rd. I thought for sure he had a concussion by the way his eyes looked after the hit. It shouldn't make a difference whether Homer returned or he was out for at least 2 weeks with a concussion (or worse). Call me naive, but I really think Pronger will get the suspension he deserves.

I'm sure we were all equally shocked to see Homer return in the 3rd. I thought for sure he had a concussion by the way his eyes looked after the hit. It shouldn't make a difference whether Homer returned or he was out for at least 2 weeks with a concussion (or worse). Call me naive, but I really think Pronger will get the suspension he deserves.

I was surprsied to see him back in there. I watched the game at my parents house and mMy dad has to get up early to go to work and he stayed up with me, even though the game was 4-0, to see what his status was and we were both shocked to see him out there. Homer looked down and out right after he got hit. I was worried.

Coming home from work and seeing this really makes my day, I'm happy to see some action and actually feel optimistic about a suspension. Some people even mentioning the possibility of two games.

I'm pretty confident about the one-game suspension too. Pretty much universal with the callers today on NHL radio - they all called for a suspension - fans of alot of different teams - even the Avs :huh: . As ffar as the NHL not wanting to punish the Ducks for a critical game - Pronger did this to his team, not the league, not the wings, but Pronger himself. At some point one needs to grow up and take repsonsibility for their actions....

yeah didnt the NBA do sort of the same thing....yesterday i believe it was? they suspended stoudemire or whatever from the suns because he left the bench area. and i guess he is a very important part of that team. The league definitly needs to suspend pronger, he shouldnt get away with it just because he is an important player to the ducks team. thats just bs

Guest jaytan

Has Pronger made any kind of public comments about the hit?

"I just finished my check," shrugged Pronger. "I was glad he was able to come back and finish the game."

-Vancouver Sun

They're probably just calling him in to slap him on the wrist - "Don't do this again, Mr Pronger, or we'll give you a stern talking to!". The NHL having the balls to suspend a superstar for an infraction on the ice? I didn't see it with Iggy and Calgary, and I don't expect to see it today.

Ok... thanks to an HDTV that went tango-uniform during the last period of Sunday's game, I had to listen to (i.e. not see) the game. So, I didn't see the hit. Although, I guess I should go look for the clip online...

Hell, Nied's got ejected & it sounds like Pronger was the worse of the two offenders... that says to me that this hit is worse than what Iggy did. And what Iggy did wasn't near as bad as what the backup goalie did... who did get suspended. Personally, the 'suspend Iggy' outcry sounded like a bunch of homers just wanting to see the flames star get suspended for game 6 so we could have an easier series. However, this one... might be a valid outcry.

The one still picture I saw, you could tell Pronger had his elbows placed for max damage to head/neck... so the big question, was it malicious or just finishing a check? That's what Campbell has to decide. Looking forward to the outcome... it'll be interesting either way.

Edited by ColdWarrior

Guest bullocks

"I just finished my check," shrugged Pronger. "I was glad he was able to come back and finish the game."

-Vancouver Sun

yah i seen that last night on "the score" here in toronto...i almost wanted to punch him thru my T.V. lol

Pronger wasn't smiling. He was breathing.

And he didn't really comment on it. I saw a postgame interview somewhere and he said the usual crap about finishing your check, glad to see he was okay. then when asked if he was worried about a suspension, he said no.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=207866&hubname=nhl

click the link for Red Wings/Ducks Report.

And I totally believe and understand Niedermayer being a little baffled.

I think a message should be sent,he should be out for the rest of the playoffs! He cleary ment to hurt Holmstrom! He charged him for 3 seconds before the hit,so it's not like it all just happened so fast! Homer broke there backs last night,so they tryed to hurt HIM!

Just because he's a norris finalist shouldn't get him off the hook. The league needs to send the message,we don't care who you are,you try to hurt someone on purpose,your done,go bag groceries at the local store!

Edited by cupcrazy